Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bypass?

5 minutes ago, JessieGrace319 said:

We totally got this!! This has been amazing journey thus far (my first date with my surgeon was back in April of this year) and I feel totally committed for this change of life! It sounds silly but there are little things I look forward to- running with my kids, going to amusement parks with them, being comfortable in the movie theatre again... I just can't wait for this new lease on life that I feel like will be such a boost to my self esteem, you know?

That doesn't sound silly at all! I can't wait to stop pretending that I don't want to go to amusement parks, just because I can't fit in the seats. I travel for work a lot, and will be ecstatic to stop covertly using a seatbelt extender.

Since we are getting the surgery in November, apparently I've heard that 40% of our excess weight will be off in 6 months. That's just in time for summer! I can't wait to get back to kayaking/canoeing/hiking/biking...and really just being able to walk without dreading that my lower back is going to start screaming in agony after a minute.

I'm scared about the surgery, definitely...but I also can not WAIT!

1 minute ago, JessieGrace319 said:

GTT~

You're in CT, like me! And we're both having op in November!!! What a small world, huh? You're so right- eating well before is so helpful! I've been not so great at it lately but I think I'm going to start earlier than my "date" of 10/24!

Right? There's a meme online I've seen that reads something like, "I wish I weighed now what I weighed when I thought I was fat"- it's so true! How about shopping in stores and not having to shop online??? I used to LOVE shopping! Now I detest it and truly just buy a lot of elastic waist so I don't have to worry about fitting in them perfectly! I look forward to wearing heels and not having my knees and back hurting from standing on high heels and supporting me!

When I went to my last surgical consult, I said to my surgeon that I couldn't wait (as weird as it sounds) to have the same "is that really me?" feeling I have now when I catch a reflection of myself but having the rest of the thought being, "I look so good!" as opposed to now where I think, "I'm so huge, my head looks so small!"

I can't wait to take pictures with my children...(sigh) I could go on and on. I'm just excited for this new lease on life!!!

All of this. I have a HUGE tote of heels I wore just 8-9 years ago when I was 140lbs. Soon...soon...
I hate my body much less now than I did back then; something that started all the weight gain. I look back at those pics and I'm like WTF WAS WRONG WITH YOU. Fat at 140lbs?! Way to go, me. lol. I can't wait for my appearance to match my give no effs attitude that I've developed. First thing I do when I hit a size 12 is drop serious $$$ at Express and White House Black Market. And everywhere. Everywherreeeeee. hahaha.

2 minutes ago, GTT said:

That doesn't sound silly at all! I can't wait to stop pretending that I don't want to go to amusement parks, just because I can't fit in the seats. I travel for work a lot, and will be ecstatic to stop covertly using a seatbelt extender.

Since we are getting the surgery in November, apparently I've heard that 40% of our excess weight will be off in 6 months. That's just in time for summer! I can't wait to get back to kayaking/canoeing/hiking/biking...and really just being able to walk without dreading that my lower back is going to start screaming in agony after a minute.

I'm scared about the surgery, definitely...but I also can not WAIT!

I just traveled on an airplane for the first time in 4 years with my husband this summer (at my highest non-pregnant weight) and I couldn't even break to ask for a seat belt converter. I put a blanket over my lap and pretended to sleep- it was awful.

That was what my surgeon said- he said a healthy goal for me for 6 months is 100 pounds... that is INSANE to me and I cannot wait. I was 210 at my wedding and I look at those pictures and think of how skinny I looked! LOL

I have a very naturally athletic daughter who is 7 and a half... she asks all the time for me to take her hiking and kayaking- 2 things I also would LOVE to do and can't wait to do with her! I told her that I'm going to buy us a kayak next year and we are going on the CT river together- that's going to be my birthday present to myself in March!

2 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

All of this. I have a HUGE tote of heels I wore just 8-9 years ago when I was 140lbs. Soon...soon...
I hate my body much less now than I did back then; something that started all the weight gain. I look back at those pics and I'm like WTF WAS WRONG WITH YOU. Fat at 140lbs?! Way to go, me. lol. I can't wait for my appearance to match my give no effs attitude that I've developed. First thing I do when I hit a size 12 is drop serious $$$ at Express and White House Black Market. And everywhere. Everywherreeeeee. hahaha.

RIGHT??? I have Ann Taylor Loft clothes from when I was 200 pounds... my goodness... what the hell was wrong with me at 210 pounds when I thought I was so big? I am going to do some serious damage there in about 6 months for work clothes. It's funny- I also really don't HATE my body now, like I did then. It's done some amazing things- I've given birth to 3 babies in that time, since my wedding (11 years ago). That alone has let me seen how amazing it is (as well as not being embarrassed by too much! That being said, my weight has steadily climbed with each baby and is at the "Point of No Return Now" despite Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach- it's time for something more permanent so I can make my body match the strength I feel. I also (like a lot of people with eating disorders) had a pretty messed up idea of food and dieting growing up thanks to a mother who had her own mental health issues and put me on a diet in 4th grade (when I was NOT overweight)... I don't want that same mentality to be passed down to my beautiful, healthy girls.

3 minutes ago, JessieGrace319 said:

I told her that I'm going to buy us a kayak next year and we are going on the CT river together- that's going to be my birthday present to myself in March!

Aw, that's going to be so awesome for you! My 30th birthday (what I consider my "becoming a real adult" birthday) is November 24th. I'll be spending it eating pureed cottage cheese, while my family is out at a Thanksgiving banquet. lmao! BUT, this is a good early birthday present to myself.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:42, lisacaron said:

We should do a Facebook group. You can make it private so only the approved members can view. This way if your not sharing your surgery with friends co-workers or extended family you can still get support from us!!

I started a Facebook group... if anyone wants to join it’s called bypass’ing in November

1 minute ago, mousecat88 said:

Aw, that's going to be so awesome for you! My 30th birthday (what I consider my "becoming a real adult" birthday) is November 24th. I'll be spending it eating pureed cottage cheese, while my family is out at a Thanksgiving banquet. lmao! BUT, this is a good early birthday present to myself.

Think forward to next birthday though!! We are in a good way, being younger and doing this surgery (I'm 35 in March). My surgeon shared with me that I'm 12 years younger than his average patient and because of that am more likely to hit my goals and faster- that's phenomenal to feel. I'm slightly nervous about Thanksgiving myself this year because that's always been my favorite holiday. It will be psychological torture more than anything. But hey- who doesn't want to eat pureed yams and turkey while people are eating pies and stuffing and deliciousness? (Does that sound convincing? 'Cause I'm still not convinced myself!)

My husband suggested we have a "mini Thanksgiving" this weekend, actually and I was debating it but might actually do it- make some mashed potatoes, make some sausage stuffing, a yummy dessert and some turkey- kind of my last hurrah.

4 minutes ago, xxtrinaxx said:

I started a Facebook group... if anyone wants to join it’s called bypass’ing in November

That's a great idea! I'm going to find it and join!!! I've told a few family members and a few work people but not many... so this is perfect!

4 minutes ago, xxtrinaxx said:

Can you post the URL to it? It doesn't come up when I do a search.

Think forward to next birthday though!! We are in a good way, being younger and doing this surgery (I'm 35 in March). My surgeon shared with me that I'm 12 years younger than his average patient and because of that am more likely to hit my goals and faster- that's phenomenal to feel.

I love this! I just turned 32 and my doctor also said I may not have some of the complications others might have since I'm so "young".

Jessie what part of CT are you from? I live in Norwalk now, but used to live in the Hartford area.

11 minutes ago, xxtrinaxx said:

xxtrinaxx, for some reason it's not showing up! I'm definitely game to be in a Facebook group, though!

2 minutes ago, GTT said:

I love this! I just turned 32 and my doctor also said I may not have some of the complications others might have since I'm so "young".

Jessie what part of CT are you from? I live in Norwalk now, but used to live in the Hartford area.

I actually live in Northern CT- right near the MA line, so about 25 minutes from Hartford. What hospital at your having your surgery out of? Yale? I'm out of Hartford Hospital with Dr. Tishler.

On 10/15/2018 at 16:04, GTT said:

xxtrinaxx, for some reason it's not showing up! I'm definitely game to be in a Facebook group, though!

Try
Bypass’ing in November 2018

I wonder if I have to make secret instead of private to get a link for it or for people to see? Hmm

I'm the day before! Election Day 11/6! I already Absentee Voted...no excuses ;)

I actually live in Northern CT- right near the MA line, so about 25 minutes from Hartford. What hospital at your having your surgery out of? Yale? I'm out of Hartford Hospital with Dr. Tishler.

That's awesome! I was born in Springfield, have tons of family still there.

I'll be at Norwalk Hospital with Dr. Neil Floch. The hospital is literally 6 minutes from my home, and the doctor's regular office is 1 mile from my house. The first time I went there i was just mentally kicking myself, like this could not have been any more convenient...no excuses for not following through now!