Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clear liquids.....I hate broth

I’m 3 days post op and doing fairly well with liquid intake ....about 35-42 oz a day. broth is disgusting to my taste buds now. I’ve done regular Swanson’s low sodium chicken, better than bullion and Bone Broth. Not sure why but I hate that taste now.

I would love to have something besides sweet liquids but not sure there is anything else out there. Any ideas?

My husband went to the store, where they have hot, prepared Soups and got chicken noodle Soup, heavy on the broth. I then strained it. It tasted 1000X better than canned broth. I actually enjoyed it. Try that.

17 minutes ago, Jingle123423 said:

My husband went to the store, where they have hot, prepared Soups and got chicken noodle Soup, heavy on the broth. I then strained it. It tasted 1000X better than canned broth. I actually enjoyed it. Try that.

I did the same thing for variety. When I wasn't cooking Soups at home, I shopped for pre made

1 hour ago, MargoCL said:

I did the same thing for variety. When I wasn't cooking Soups at home, I shopped for pre made

It's so much better than broth from a can, isn't it?

Try simmering the broth, add spices you enjoy and some veggies. Strain it after some time so it can absorb the flavors. Hopefully that will work better for you. I did it with A LOT of onions and carrots + seasonings. A world of difference from just out of the box. Eventually I even added flavorless Protein Powder. Good Luck and CONGRATS!!!!

Infuse Water with cucumbers, fruit, mint or even celery - whatever flavors you enjoy. Just don't drink the solids. Drink herbal teas, many of those are good without adding sweeteners.

Yeah they sure are. Try Yogi brand if you can find it. Every one I have tried, I have liked. A "sweetener" from way back, but these don't require it!🍵

It's so much better than broth from a can, isn't it?
I can't eat canned Soups. There is something in the ingredients that makes me vomit immediately after. It doesn't matter if it's a tsp., Tbsp or the whole can. I had to stop eating canned soups about 10 years ago.

So I became a master Soup maker so I could enjoy it at home. I can't even use the prepackaged broths.

Thank you everyone for the ideas! I think I may get some Soup from Kroger’s tomorrow and try that! I’ve always liked their Soups. It seems the broths I’ve had today are also overly salty. Never had that happen before! Thank goodness I can move on to full liquids and puréed on Tuesday!

My doctor told me broth and Water of my choice would be first meal after surgery.
I said of choice. He joked and said Dasani, Tap, or Aquafina and then beef, chicken, or vegetable broth.

It made me laugh. But also scared of the fate that awaits me... lol

Reading about the products people love and hate though reminded me of that.
And also the fact that I too am picky.

I’ll have the Mac and cheese and the Dr Pepper when I wake up please.
Haha just kidding.

At least you get quasi-food. Let Mr tell you what I got at OSU. Remainder of 1st day, Water, got bottled because Columbus fluoridation cracks my lips , I was in chap-stick more often than not when I was there. 2nd day fruity drinks late 2nd day started adding milky drinks , similar to Protein Shakes, 3rd day prepared me for exit, still milky drinks, when time to go gave my favorite flavor to travel with. Had,IV in, electrodes on chest, assuming for continual monitoring . Only let,me out of room once, only saw bathroom before surgery so could not testify if I had a shower or not. Had a bedside commode, nice one but why was I on house arrest? I would think there were other Bari-tients there. Can't imagine Dr Needleman coming to work just to Do ME ---adorable as I am!😛I think for 72 ---I'm not THAT shabby!
But no broth, Jello, pudding, popsicles. Maybe I helped their budget stay low? Lucky,i had Tomkitten, my son with me, otherwise I would have been lonely!😭😪😥

I’m going to Orlando health bariatric Center.

I was born at osu though. ;)

My middle child Kevin😇 was also. Were he still living he would Have been 42 on May 7th.
It's strange but when I went through their pre-surgery orientation and all that ensued, it was like I was coming home after a long twisted tortuous dark journey away, and I was nearly floored by the unexpected sensation. No it is not a mystical journey, but me it was and is, I literally wish I could hug the very walls and all that is contained there. To my dying breath, which I don't expect soon, I will thank them for doing something no one else would do- Believing in Frustr8 and giving her a future!💦😭😪😛