Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You? You know use that word!

Do you use the "N" word?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "N" word?

• No, NEVER!!
    • Yes, but in the past!
    • Yes, what's wrong with saying it...
    • OMG! I don't want to answer this..How dare you!!

For His sake, look beyond what is in front of you. Think of things in a different way than how they are usually presented. Many people in my town stay on government assistance all their lives and throughout generations JUST because they believe the government owes them something.

Technically if one wants to become whatever they want in life they DO have to do an interniship for specific careers. So therefore they are forced into it, so your argument doesnt hold up on technicalities.

And I didnt ask if the pencil incident was the same thing as calling someone the "n" word, I asked if it could be considered racism based upon the facts presented in the previous argument.

Oh, I thought you said specific families of slaves had been reimbursed. No, I beg to differ about the internship. You absolutely do not have to do the internship unless you choose a specific career. Yes, then you have to go through the proper training to obtain your goal. This is hardly the same thing as being a slave with no rights. To answer your question re: the pencil, no, it would not be considered racism, and, I would venture to say, it would not be considered out of line by a black person either.

Well, let me tell you, if you don't care about people it's going to be a real, real long and unfulfilling life for you. It's really irrelevant why you are cold and heartless. You owe it to your baby and yourself to make an effort not to be. You might try counselling..whatever it takes to turn you around because thinking like a victim is completely self destructive plus it will negatively affect your child emotionally.

I do go to therapy. It made me stop thinking so much about other people, and start focusing on me and what's best for me. Why should I care if some stranger gets their feelings hurt? How will it negatively affect my child emotionally? Because I dont run up and randomly hug strangers or people I barely know and I dont censor myself to people I dont even care about. Strangers dont care about me, why should I care about them? Why care about people you dont even know exist? Why not focus on bettering yourself and becoming who YOU want to be, and not what others want you to be. I tried for years to be who everyone WANTED me to be, since I started focusing on myself my grades are up, I have a passion for life, and I take chances. Before I wouldnt make a move if I thought that anyone would dissapprove. Im a better person now that I dont care about other people. I guess you just gotta have the self-confidence not to let other people bother you or hinder you. My life has been 100x more fulfilled than before I started focusing on me.

Oh, I thought you said specific families of slaves had been reimbursed. No, I beg to differ about the internship. You absolutely do not have to do the internship unless you choose a specific career. Yes, then you have to go through the proper training to obtain your goal. This is hardly the same thing as being a slave with no rights. To answer your question re: the pencil, no, it would not be considered racism, and, I would venture to say, it would not be considered out of line by a black person either.

Last time I checked an intern has no rights in the company but to learn. Im making a comparison for today's America. And if the pencil issue isnt racism, then why on earth is the history of a word?

I do go to therapy. It made me stop thinking so much about other people, and start focusing on me and what's best for me. Why should I care if some stranger gets their feelings hurt? How will it negatively affect my child emotionally? Because I dont run up and randomly hug strangers or people I barely know and I dont censor myself to people I dont even care about. Strangers dont care about me, why should I care about them? Why care about people you dont even know exist? Why not focus on bettering yourself and becoming who YOU want to be, and not what others want you to be. I tried for years to be who everyone WANTED me to be, since I started focusing on myself my grades are up, I have a passion for life, and I take chances. Before I wouldnt make a move if I thought that anyone would dissapprove. Im a better person now that I dont care about other people. I guess you just gotta have the self-confidence not to let other people bother you or hinder you. My life has been 100x more fulfilled than before I started focusing on me.

You are putting words in my mouth. Of course, you need to focus on yourself. I never said you should try to do what others think you should and/or try to please them. I'm talking being cruel to someone. Remember the subject of this thread? If you don't know why you should consider other people's feelings, whether you know them or not, by this juncture in your life, I certainly can't get that across to you in a message on a lap band board. Your way of thinking has nothing to do with self-confidence. It's insecurity to the max.

P.S. I don't remember saying you should go up and hug strangers.........

An internship nowhere near compares to slavery, and it's an insult to pretend it does. In an internship, you can't be physically assaulted. You can't be raped. You can't be verbally abused. You don't sacrifice any and all rights to your children or your belongings to your employer. You can't be SOLD, for Pete's sake.

An internship nowhere near compares to slavery, and it's an insult to pretend it does. In an internship, you can't be physically assaulted. You can't be raped. You can't be verbally abused. You don't sacrifice any and all rights to your children or your belongings to your employer. You can't be SOLD, for Pete's sake.

NEVER judge what CANT happen...rather what is unlikely or illegal. I never meant to say that internship=slavery....I was providing a picture to the definition of slavery given in a previous post, thats all.

NEVER judge what CANT happen...rather what is unlikely or illegal. I never meant to say that internship=slavery....I was providing a picture to the definition of slavery given in a previous post, thats all.

oh, good lord. if someone is FORCING you to be an intern against your will, which is an outlandish idea, (i.e. holding you somewhere you don't want to be) have 'em arrested because this is not what an internship is. again, we're talking free choice here. no matter how you want to word it, your analogy totally lacks credence.

You are putting words in my mouth. Of course, you need to focus on yourself. I never said you should try to do what others think you should and/or try to please them. I'm talking being cruel to someone. Remember the subject of this thread? If you don't know why you should consider other people's feelings, whether you know them or not, by this juncture in your life, I certainly can't get that across to you in a message on a lap band board. Your way of thinking has nothing to do with self-confidence. It's insecurity to the max.

P.S. I don't remember saying you should go up and hug strangers.........

Im not cruel, at all. Im quite peachy upon meeting anyone for the first time...but if I dont like you, then I wont pretend that I do. What difference in life does it make if some stranger gets their feelings hurt because they are overly-sensitive and havent learned to adapt to the jungle that our society is. I wish it were more primitive in that, the weak get the oust to some island for the non-survivors of society. If your going to go around getting your feelings hurt by the people in society that are going to FEED off your pain, and give them what you want, then you gotta go. Im not insecure about anything. I tell people how it is. If I was insecure I would care that you disagree with me, I would care about the people who still call me fat, I would care about the people who want to judge me for my current predictament. I dont care, whatever they think, they can think, I have my own opinions about them as well. Not everyone is going to like you, so why not give them a reason not to? Im just trying to get across the point that I dont care about other people that I dont even know...

oh, good lord. if someone is FORCING you to be an intern against your will, which is an outlandish idea, (i.e. holding you somewhere you don't want to be) have 'em arrested because this is not what an internship is. again, we're talking free choice here. no matter how you want to word it, your analogy totally lacks credence.

I was making a point that it IS possible to be abused, harassed, raped, etc at an internship or at a job....that it CAN happen. And you just gave the simplified definition of false imprisonment. I DONT WANT to do my internship for free, I want to get paid. LIKE I SAID, Im not saying that an internship=slavery, Im giving a mental picture according to the previous description of slavery given.

Weren't any of you on the debate team, ever been to a debate, watched a debate, participated in a debate, or anything of that matter?

And slavery was LEGAL when it occured, and all that happened with it was also LEGAL. There is absolutely no comparison between slavery and an internship. First of all, interns are willing workers. They may not be getting paid in money (some are, though), but they are paid in experience and networking contacts. Secondly, forcing someone to work agains their will or be assaulted physically, sexually, or mentally in an internship is illegal. Third, an intern can leave whenever he/she wants to leave. The employer can't take out a warrant on them or call them a "runaway intern." Absolutely no comparisons between the two practices.

And slavery was LEGAL when it occured, and all that happened with it was also LEGAL. There is absolutely no comparison between slavery and an internship. First of all, interns are willing workers. They may not be getting paid in money (some are, though), but they are paid in experience and networking contacts. Secondly, forcing someone to work agains their will or be assaulted physically, sexually, or mentally in an internship is illegal. Third, an intern can leave whenever he/she wants to leave. The employer can't take out a warrant on them or call them a "runaway intern." Absolutely no comparisons between the two practices.

Oh but there is according to the definition a few pages back. Im not talking about what was legal then, Im talking about what is legal NOW. You said those things "Can't" happen. When they can, whether it is or isnt legal actually. Those things can happen.

Im not cruel, at all. Im quite peachy upon meeting anyone for the first time...but if I dont like you, then I wont pretend that I do. What difference in life does it make if some stranger gets their feelings hurt because they are overly-sensitive and havent learned to adapt to the jungle that our society is. I wish it were more primitive in that, the weak get the oust to some island for the non-survivors of society. If your going to go around getting your feelings hurt by the people in society that are going to FEED off your pain, and give them what you want, then you gotta go. Im not insecure about anything. I tell people how it is. If I was insecure I would care that you disagree with me, I would care about the people who still call me fat, I would care about the people who want to judge me for my current predictament. I dont care, whatever they think, they can think, I have my own opinions about them as well. Not everyone is going to like you, so why not give them a reason not to? Im just trying to get across the point that I dont care about other people that I dont even know...

Well, you're the one who said you were cold and heartless. I'm just going by what you say; it's not my conclusion of you. Like you said, we don't know each other. Again, if you don't know why human kindness is important, I can't begin to explain it to you. This is something one usually learns from birth on. If you didn't, it's near impossible for you to get it. Not all people who you don't know want to judge you. In fact, I would venture to say, most don't care. I guess I'm thinking you're insecure not only because of your posts here but your relationship with the baby's father. If he was abusing you the way you say he was, if you thought as much about yourself as you say you do, you would have hightailed it out of there the first time he forced you to have unprotected sex. There's no way you can have good self-esteem and endure what you did in that relationship. From your own words, it was an absolute horror story; no matter how you want to justify staying, you had complete control over your actions and you CHOSE not to leave. Because if you held yourself in high regard, nothing would have kept you there. Nothing. See..you're not a victim in this situation. You are an accomplice since you didn't do anything about it. It's just as much your fault as it is his if you want to place blame.

I am getting old. Refresh my memory ...what things happen? If you're saying illegall things happen, of course, they do. That's why we have law enforcement...

Well, you're the one who said you were cold and heartless. I'm just going by what you say; it's not my conclusion of you. Like you said, we don't know each other. Again, if you don't know why human kindness is important, I can't begin to explain it to you. This is something one usually learns from birth on. If you didn't, it's near impossible for you to get it. Not all people who you don't know want to judge you. In fact, I would venture to say, most don't care. I guess I'm thinking you're insecure not only because of your posts here but your relationship with the baby's father. If he was abusing you the way you say he was, if you thought as much about yourself as you say you do, you would have hightailed it out of there the first time he forced you to have unprotected sex. There's no way you can have good self-esteem and endure what you did in that relationship. From your own words, it was an absolute horror story; no matter how you want to justify staying, you had complete control over your actions and you CHOSE not to leave. Because if you held yourself in high regard, nothing would have kept you there. Nothing. See..you're not a victim in this situation. You are an accomplice since you didn't do anything about it. It's just as much your fault as it is his if you want to place blame.

So you wanted me to leave my own apartment? Because he sure wasnt. And whens the last time you woke up with a full grown man choking the life out of you. You wouldnt want to risk calling the police either. I couldnt just leave...where would I have gone? I should have done something sooner than I did, but regardless my self-confidence is normal. Coming from a small town, everyone judges everyone else, its entertainment when there is none.