Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You? You know use that word!

Do you use the "N" word?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "N" word?

• No, NEVER!!
    • Yes, but in the past!
    • Yes, what's wrong with saying it...
    • OMG! I don't want to answer this..How dare you!!

Last time I checked an intern has no rights in the company but to learn. Im making a comparison for today's America. And if the pencil issue isnt racism, then why on earth is the history of a word?

This is sort of like the human kindness subject. In fact, it's a part of it. If you can't figure out why it's inappropriate and hurtful to call someone the "n" word, then I can't begin to explain it to you. This is something that should have been taught to you from the cradle on up. Obviously it wasn't or you didn't heed your parents' direction, whatever...at any rate, you don't seem to see the harm in it so you're not going to ever understand where we're coming from on this topic.

I am getting old. Refresh my memory ...what things happen? If you're saying illegall things happen, of course, they do. That's why we have law enforcement...

And how well did law enforcement do with O.J. Simpson? And how well did law enforcement do when the cops finally got called on my ex? And how well were they doing everytime they saw him on the sidewalk outside of a bar visibly intoxicated and possibly drugged up, but left him there? How well did the law enforcement do when he attempted a break in at the club I used to work at? How well would the law have done to prevent a gang from hurting me had I filed my rape? How well did they do the night I ran out of gas and BEGGED them for assistance, and they did nothing? What about the time a lady ran over me at the gas pumps of wal*mart and a police officer drove by at the exact moment it happened? I dont put much faith in them.

And how well did law enforcement do with O.J. Simpson? And how well did law enforcement do when the cops finally got called on my ex? And how well were they doing everytime they saw him on the sidewalk outside of a bar visibly intoxicated and possibly drugged up, but left him there? How well did the law enforcement do when he attempted a break in at the club I used to work at? How well would the law have done to prevent a gang from hurting me had I filed my rape? How well did they do the night I ran out of gas and BEGGED them for assistance, and they did nothing? What about the time a lady ran over me at the gas pumps of wal*mart and a police officer drove by at the exact moment it happened? I dont put much faith in them.

Well, you certainly have had more than your fair share of negative experiences with the police. No doubt about that. But see....I worked in law enforcement for thirty years and most of the time this is not true. It's unfortunate you have no faith in law enforcement since you're going to be an attorney someday. It could be a real plus for you whether you're a defense or prosecuting attorney if you developed a good relationship with them. No matter what side you're on, they can be of immense help to you in putting your cases together.

Well, you certainly have had more than your fair share of negative experiences with the police. No doubt about that. But see....I worked in law enforcement for thirty years and most of the time this is not true. It's unfortunate you have no faith in law enforcement since you're going to be an attorney someday. It could be a real plus for you whether you're a defense or prosecuting attorney if you developed a good relationship with them. No matter what side you're on, they can be of immense help to you in putting your cases together.

And, see, these are situations where you could have taken the bull by the horn, so to speak. You should have complained to the applicable internal affairs unit. If you got nowhere there, you should have gone to the chief of police, then the city manager and then the mayor and if all those venues failed you then, given the severity of what they did to you or what they didn't do for you, these would have made juicy stories for the news media. Never again, endure that kind of treatment now that you know what to action to take. I can tell you from our police department, people only got as far as internal affairs before something was done about the bad behavior. Further, law enforcement is so cognizant and wary of lawsuits (you probably already know that though given your education) in this time in our lives, that you could have or maybe still could get a huge sum of money because of their blatant neglect!

LOL Im not going to be that kind of lawyer. Im going to work in government and politics. Its cut-throat. I like it. The law has never done anything positive (or negative) for me besides not giving me an MIP at a party (because I was pregnant and passed a pen test) and many have passed me up for speeding tickets, or busted a party I was at and just told us to keep it down or the classic "no one leaves". Other than that, when I really needed them, they have done nothing! All they want to do is drive around in their shiny new Chargers and look cool, and make smart-elic remarks. Besides cheating on their wives, abandoning their children, and using/selling the illegal drugs they confinscate.

And, see, these are situations where you could have taken the bull by the horn, so to speak. You should have complained to the applicable internal affairs unit. If you got nowhere there, you should have gone to the chief of police, then the city manager and then the mayor and if all those venues failed you then, given the severity of what they did to you or what they didn't do for you, these would have made juicy stories for the news media.

I have to step in at this point.

What you say is MUCH easier said than done.

I'm not going into details tonight. It's not the right place or time. But what you suggest can be absolutely impossible in certain circumstances. It's not just this easy, there are times it is MUCH more difficult than you make it sound.

I like you a great deal, we agree on ALL animal issues. We disagree completely on the above issue. We could not disagree more. I think you have to walk in those shoes before you know how it feels.

Be in a small town where your rape increases rape stats by 50% because the year prior there were only two rapes. You are suggesting something and in reality one would think it is easy.

I'm telling you, it isn't.

You are wrong on more than one level here and I'm not backing down on this one.

LOL Im not going to be that kind of lawyer. Im going to work in government and politics. Its cut-throat. I like it. The law has never done anything positive (or negative) for me besides not giving me an MIP at a party (because I was pregnant and passed a pen test) and many have passed me up for speeding tickets, or busted a party I was at and just told us to keep it down or the classic "no one leaves". Other than that, when I really needed them, they have done nothing! All they want to do is drive around in their shiny new Chargers and look cool, and make smart-elic remarks. Besides cheating on their wives, abandoning their children, and using/selling the illegal drugs they confinscate.

Ah, see though...you're lumping them altogether. Remember one must always keep an open mind. That's how we grow intellectually and emotionally. I know plenty...in fact the majority (including my husband)... have never done any of the above. Like anything else, we only hear about the bad ones...too bad, huh?

And, see, these are situations where you could have taken the bull by the horn, so to speak. You should have complained to the applicable internal affairs unit. If you got nowhere there, you should have gone to the chief of police, then the city manager and then the mayor and if all those venues failed you then, given the severity of what they did to you or what they didn't do for you, these would have made juicy stories for the news media. Never again, endure that kind of treatment now that you know what to action to take. I can tell you from our police department, people only got as far as internal affairs before something was done about the bad behavior. Further, law enforcement is so cognizant and wary of lawsuits (you probably already know that though given your education) in this time in our lives, that you could have or maybe still could get a huge sum of money because of their blatant neglect!

Oh its all coming up in court. Ive been working on the cases since September. And you bet that the A&M police will be royally screwed if ANYTHING happens to any of my friends that my ex knows that live on campus, because I called and reported that he was living there illegally (against my best judgment, as far as finding him again goes) and what had happened to me...they called me a jealous ex-girlfriend and dismissed me!! I swear if anything happens to any of my friends they will have EVERYTHING thrown at them! Not to mention that I was in trouble for letting someone that didnt live on campus just keep their stuff in my room, they never lived there with me, and almost lost my housing...but he and she get to live there all happily ever-after? I called the CC police with a tip on a possible burglary of a business that he had disclosed that he took part in, and they treated me the same way. They are going to be in BIG BIG trouble once all of this plays out.

Oh its all coming up in court. Ive been working on the cases since September. And you bet that the A&M police will be royally screwed if ANYTHING happens to any of my friends that my ex knows that live on campus, because I called and reported that he was living there illegally (against my best judgment, as far as finding him again goes) and what had happened to me...they called me a jealous ex-girlfriend and dismissed me!! I swear if anything happens to any of my friends they will have EVERYTHING thrown at them! Not to mention that I was in trouble for letting someone that didnt live on campus just keep their stuff in my room, they never lived there with me, and almost lost my housing...but he and she get to live there all happily ever-after? I called the CC police with a tip on a possible burglary of a business that he had disclosed that he took part in, and they treated me the same way. They are going to be in BIG BIG trouble once all of this plays out.

Oh, I didn't now it was coming up in court. Civil or criminal?

Ah, see though...you're lumping them altogether. Remember one must always keep an open mind. That's how we grow intellectually and emotionally. I know plenty...in fact the majority (including my husband)... have never done any of the above. Like anything else, we only hear about the bad ones...too bad, huh?

Well thats how useful the law enforcement is here. Trust me, in my crazy days I was right there with them. Ive seen them leave a party and get in the cop car and go right back on duty. I just think they pick and choose who they are going to help and it has to do with these 2 questions 1.) do I HAVE to? and 2.)How easy is the paperwork?

Oh, I didn't now it was coming up in court. Civil or criminal?

Civil, its going with the torts Im pressing against my ex

Civil, its going with the torts Im pressing against my ex
How exactly would your ex be liable for something the police did or didn't do?

And, see, these are situations where you could have taken the bull by the horn, so to speak. You should have complained to the applicable internal affairs unit. If you got nowhere there, you should have gone to the chief of police, then the city manager and then the mayor and if all those venues failed you then, given the severity of what they did to you or what they didn't do for you, these would have made juicy stories for the news media.

I'm not going into details tonight. It's not the right place or time. But what you suggest can be absolutely impossible in certain circumstances. It's not just this easy, there are times it is MUCH more difficult than you make it sound.

I like you a great deal, we agree on ALL animal issues. We disagree completely on the above issue. We could not disagree more. I think you have to walk in those shoes before you know how it feels.

Be in a small town where your rape increases rape stats by 50% because the year prior there were only two rapes. You are suggesting something and in reality one would think it is easy.

I would never ask you to back down. Your opinion is just as important as mine.

How exactly would your ex be liable for something the police did or didn't do?

Im sorry I was short with that answer because I wanted to finish typing, but I had to run out of the room...

What I meant was the case against my ex is going to lead to the case with the police (which I may or may not bring about due to time, money, and I wasnt seriously injured. But Im still considering it, its the future lawyer in me lol)

Im filing as many torts against my ex as humanly possible along with the child support hearing ofcourse. So far Ive got a pile! Im just want to send him back to jail (he will never pay, all those warrants will put you in jail) so that I know where to find him. And I want to teach him a lesson, that Im not the push-over he thought I was.

Sorry, I had to leave real quick. Now I'll respond: You're absolutely right. I would definitely have to walk in the victim's shoes to get the whole perspective. I can only speak from my perspective obviously and I should have taken that into consideration before posting. There are some real winner situations on the other side of the spectrum that I have encountered and witnessed over the years that makes me biased to say the least!!!!! And...of course, there's the fact that my husband and son-in-law are both cops and good ones...so yes, I admit I'm biased. I just get kind of defensive (I probably shouldn't but it's in my nature..!!..it's something I'm constantly working on!!!) when the cops are all lumped together and believe me, at times, they do get an unfair rap...just like any other occupation, there's the good ones and the bad ones!!