Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any updates for 4 months out sleevers?

I am down 118 total since my surgery on May 10. I’ve had zero issues since surgery minus the inability to eat scrambled eggs and lunch meat. Both things make me vomit every time I try them. Outside of that, no issues.

I have been working out with weights since mid June when I was cleared to start lifting. I’ve been walking 5+ miles a day for the last few months. I started with half a mile, then a mile and very quickly jumped to 5 miles. Once you get past the first six weeks of walking it becomes so easy. Something I never would have said presurgery where my weight on my joints made small walks a chore.

Now instead of adding miles to my walks I add speed. I just walk faster because I don’t have time to walk for hours on end. This past week I added some hills to my walks by doing different more hilly routes.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:54 PM, MeanSleevedMachine said:

I am down 118 total since my surgery on May 10. I’ve had zero issues since surgery minus the inability to eat scrambled eggs and lunch meat. Both things make me vomit every time I try them. Outside of that, no issues.

I have been working out with weights since mid June when I was cleared to start lifting. I’ve been walking 5+ miles a day for the last few months. I started with half a mile, then a mile and very quickly jumped to 5 miles. Once you get past the first six weeks of walking it becomes so easy. Something I never would have said presurgery where my weight on my joints made small walks a chore.

Now instead of adding miles to my walks I add speed. I just walk faster because I don’t have time to walk for hours on end. This past week I added some hills to my walks by doing different more hilly routes.

You are kind of a rock star!! And inspiring! Congrats!

I was sleeved June 13th, so my four month mark is coming up fast! I've lost 49.8 lbs. since surgery and 81 lbs. total since I began the pre-surgery diet at the end of March. The one thing that has been difficult for me is constantly worrying about my "slow or slower" rate of loss. I believed the hype from some other people prior to surgery that I would easily drop 100 lbs. in the first three months after my sleeve and quickly learned that was not the case for most people. So it is a daily mental struggle to stay positive and remind myself that this was never a quick fix and those people were wrong. I focus on my wins and making sure I get my 60 grams of Protein a day. I feel so much better than I did in March and that's what matters. I tend to be a worrier in general, so I am afraid one sip from a straw is going to stretch my sleeve and other ridiculous crap that I really hope hasn't happened. I have a hard time getting my 64 oz. of fluids in each day and that has been my only real problem/issue since my procedure. I love that my pants size has dropped from a 26/28 to an 18/20! It's definitely time for me to get serious about exercising because I have a long way to go to reach my goal of 165 lbs!

On 9/20/2018 at 2:16 PM, TexasMommy80 said:

I'm 5'11" and 170 is a size 10,

I think clothes sizes have expanded since I weighed 170 17 years ago? I was a size 10 at 170 lbs. Today I put on a size 12 old Navy pair of jeans (snug but comfortable) at 212 lbs. (which is 60 lbs down today, WOOT!!). I know it won't take me 52 lbs to get from size 12 to size 10. This is weird. I'll be a size 6 at 170# at this rate...

17 hours ago, pleasedontjudgeme said:

So it is a daily mental struggle to stay positive and remind myself that this was never a quick fix

Mandy!!! You are 81 lbs down!! How amazing is that?? And it won't come back!! How long did it take you to lose 81 lbs before? Focus on that and tell yourself how amazing you are because I think you're a rock star!!!

3 minutes ago, AllyJonesVSG said:

I think clothes sizes have expanded since I weighed 170 17 years ago? I was a size 10 at 170 lbs. Today I put on a size 12 old Navy pair of jeans (snug but comfortable) at 212 lbs. (which is 60 lbs down today, WOOT!!). I know it won't take me 52 lbs to get from size 12 to size 10. This is weird. I'll be a size 6 at 170# at this rate...

This is 100% true. Vanity sizing has gotten crazy. I am fitting into some size 12 dresses, when I should be a 16 at this size, if memory serves me right. I also wonder what I will be wearing when I reach goal. 😳

1 hour ago, AllyJonesVSG said:

Mandy!!! You are 81 lbs down!! How amazing is that?? And it won't come back!! How long did it take you to lose 81 lbs before? Focus on that and tell yourself how amazing you are because I think you're a rock star!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! :)

I was sleeved May 17th. I’ve been stalled forever but I’m under goal so no biggie. I’ve lost 70 pounds since the start of the process, 40 of it since the morning of surgery. Since the initial revision consultation in very late Jan 2018, i’ve gone from 209 to 139. My highest weight (8 years ago) was 260.

Natch, my husb thinks I’m way too skinny.