Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

October 3rd! I'm nervous! And also excited!

Btw, thanks for labeling this thread "2018." There are two other October threads that don't have the year marked, and I really hope some of us stay in touch through 2019 and 2020, at least. No sense in confusing next year's sleevers!

That's a problem November. is going to have. Nobody has started a November 2018 one, I dont,if they plan to,piggyback on 2017's or establish their own÷🌻

I don't have my date yet, but I am pretty sure it will be in October. My final weight management appointment is on the 24th of this month and my final clearance is scheduled for September 26th. I too am looking for a group that will remain active and connected! So, I am definitely in.

Was sleeved in July, but just wanted to tell you all that you got this. It's going to be rough at first but when those times come just remember that the recovery process is only temporary and when you're back on your feet you will be so happy you did this.

Thanks, Shimmy! I'll be honest: I'm really stressed about the pain and the nausea. I've had vicodin and codeine before, and I don't think either does much to relieve pain for me--they just make me sleep. (Which is a blessed release from pain, certainly, but at least during the hospital stay, they wake you up all the time. Awake-time is pain-time. And my team wants me up and moving around every hour during the day when I'm home, too, which I plan to do my best to do, even though I know I'll be groggy.) Plus, people have these horror stories of hospital staff who won't administer their pain meds, and I'm not usually a good self-advocate.

Being the kind of person I am, I have written down all of my passwords and put them in a sealed envelope with a letter for my spouse, just in case, because surgery always comes with risks. Doing that was painful--the letter, I mean, not the passwords--but I feel better knowing it's done, and if the worst happens, he'll be able to access our bank accounts and everything else. (I'm the organized one.)

It's rational to be a little worried about the risks and about the pain and nausea and other potential negative side effects, I think. But it's also hard, with almost a month to go, when I know that the worry isn't helping anyone. It's just releasing unneeded cortisol into my system, and I can feel my arthritis acting up as a result. I need to chill.

So I appreciate reminders that the risks are low (I do keep telling myself the stats and that my surgeon has never lost a patient and only had three leaks in the thousands of surgeries he's done), that the awfulness is temporary, and the new life on the other side of those days-to-weeks of misery is a good one, for the vast majority of people. ❤️

I'm scheduled for October 2nd!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Overall, I guess I'm excited more than scared. I figure I've had two babies -- one by c section -- so I got this (albeit that was a long time ago!) It's the waiting that is getting to me. Not even time yet for the pre-surgery two week diet. What to do? I've eliminated carbonated drinks, I've eliminated caffeine, I'm drinking tons of Water, I'm not even all that into eating right now. There was a great thread about how to handle things at work -- I plan to tell my boss next week and have a plan for coverage for up to the four weeks they say to plan on being out. I'm shy of being too open about what I'm doing, but then again feel I should set an example and be transparent. Hoping my support system doesn't waver as we wait...

Hi All! Newbie here with a surgery date of Oct 16th. I'm so excited, but also nervous...and anxious. I am also starting a little early with eliminating carbonation, caffeine, taking lots of Vitamins, etc. Hopefully being prepared will make the transition a little easier. On one hand, I feel like I should enjoy the next few weeks of "freedom" while I'm still able to, but on the other hand, I'm just ready to get it done and over with!

kdiddle, what type of work do you do? Just curious, because I told my surgeon I'm in accounting and he said I would likely only need a week off.

Hello! I am scheduled for Oct. 1.

I am trying not to freak out. reminding myself of all that @CrankyMagpie just wrote...but reason doesn't always outweigh my fear.

@br3n I work in at an office job as well. Doctors told me at least 2 weeks, possibly longer, so I'm trying to make a plan for 4. Maybe I'll be stir crazy by 5 days! On the other had, having 4 weeks off doesn't sound like a bad thing either :-)

In terms of preparation I'm walking 1/2 hour almost ever day. There are still some bad habits to eliminate, but I've got a time frame for those, too.

I got my first bad reaction to the surgery from my father-in-law. Trying to let is slide but the judgementalism is hard.

I've just been scheduled for October 11th.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app