Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain in the chest area at night

I could not stick with the liquid diet for 2 weeks. I lasted 6 days then started eating solid food that I'd chew at least 20times to compensate.

My doctor told me I didnt have much stomach fat, so my band was a bit loose. I guess this is why I was not satisfied with the liquid.

Now at night I feel muscular cramps in the chest area. Sometimes it feels like it extends to my upper back. Wakes me up at night. Tossing and turning to get comfortable. I somehow fall back to sleep. I am mostly fine during the day.

I also lost the antibiotics travelling back from surgery. Has anyone experienced this? Does this sound like an infection?:sick

Can anyone describe the pain of having food/fluid stuck in the pouch etc.:help:

This is way too soon to be eating solids, chewed or not. I am at Day 8 and can't imagine eating mushy food let alone normal food. We have been told this is the healing stage of the process. It sounds like indigestion to me but hey I'm not a Dr.

I'd talk to your doctor. It's not a good idea at all to start solid foods so early. They don't keep you on liquids just to torture you - it's so that your band actually has a chance to succeed for you. The point of liquids is so that your stomach (that just went through TRAUMA, simply speaking) has time to rest and heal. Liquids are easy to go through and don't take much churning. But when you eat foods, it does not matter if you chew it 100 times, your stomach still has to put a good deal of work into digesting it - more so than it would with liquid. You could tear your stitches and cause the band to slip. I'd be calling the doc ASAP!

How does one know if the band has slipped? I was told I could now start on mushy food, but cheat every now and then because I am not satisfied with the mushy stuff. I do still have some discomfort now and then, but nothing like the pain I felt one nite after eating something solid (chewed-up many times)

I have lost a few pounds and am more committed to the fight, but do think I need a fill since the food I consume does not satisfy.

I don't feel completely satisfied on the liquid diet but I'm sticking to it because I have to. Band slippage is a scary thing and if you move on to mushies or solids too soon, you will not allow the stitches to heal properly. From what I've heard, this can cause your band to slip DOWN THE ROAD. You may think it's ok now, but it's not. So I'd say go back to the liquids and give your stomach time to heal. As for your pain, I had the same thing. The nurse said it was becasue of my stomach still being swollen and healing. It has basically gone away at this point so hang in there.

Sorry Carla, I'm with everyone else! Phase I (Liquids) is for 1 - 2 weeks, followed by soft foods for 2 - 4 weeks. Solids don't even come until the 5th or 6th weeks--chewed or not.

This is only one MONTH out of your life to help your band heal, so that it can become the tool you need it to be for you.

Are you getting enough Protein? Protein Shakes are very satisfying and are beneficial to your healing. My suggestion, as always, is to get some whey Protein isolate powder (I use chocolate malt or belgian chocolate--which tastes great mixed with water) that I get from Amazon.com=free shipping! Also you can try chicken broth whey protein isolate or even unflavored (to mix with sugar free puddings or jello) at Unjury.com.

Please go the protein way--and NOT the solid food way. Once you get back on the program, I'm sure the pains you are feeling will go away...