Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To purchase or not to purchase?

I would love to know what foods n things are worth buying for the first 4 weeks post surgery n what is not worth it. For example- the Vitamin Patch? Diet drinks or just make at home, ? Along those lines,,,ty in advance

sugar free popsicles! Sometimes they were the only thing I felt like having the first couple of days.

I wouldn't buy for 4 weeks out, just 1 week. By then you'll feel fine to go to the store and you'll know what flavors work for you and what doesn't.

I agree, don't buy too much. I threw out and gave away WAY more food and drinks than I actually ate/drank.

You will totally overestimate how much you will be eating/drinking.

You also don't know what you will like or tolerate post surgery. For instance, I became intolerant of whey Protein 4 weeks post op. I gave away hundreds of dollars worth of powders and bars!

On 9/3/2018 at 1:43 PM, sillykitty said:

I agree, don't buy too much. I threw out and gave away WAY more food and drinks than I actually ate/drank.

You will totally overestimate how much you will be eating/drinking.

You also don't know what you will like or tolerate post surgery. For instance, I became intolerant of whey Protein 4 weeks post op. I gave away hundreds of dollars worth of powders and bars!

Oh my gosh, I have pounds of whey Protein and so many bottles of whey protein Water and shots that my stomach won’t tolerate just languishing in my pantry. If the world goes to a whey based economy, I’m freaking RICH!

Edited by Screwballski

Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't buy anything specifically designed for "bariatric patients"

You can get normal generic versions of everything for much cheaper and with a greater variety of flavors. Protein Powder, Multivitamins, Calcium, Vitamin b etc.

All the bariatric stuff is, is the exact same crap with a substantially higher price tag. I used bariatric Protein powders vitamin b Multivitamin and calcium at start and realized how obsencely overpriced it was and quickly switched to normal stuff from my favorite supplement stores

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches