Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Addiction after weight loss surgery!

I wanted to warn everybody on fixing your demons before surgery!

I'm not trying to scare or encourage people to not get surgery at all. Actually it was the best thing I have ever done. I just wish I would have took care of my addiction problems 1st.

I had gastric bypass surgery 2/11/14 hw 297 sw 280 lw 106 cw 154. I had a breast lift, Tummy Tuck and my inner thighs done 2016.

I left my husband January 2018. Went on an online dating site and got addicted to the attention I got from men, ended up getting back into drugs and was skin and bones. My life has really been flipped upside down!! I finally got myself into a long term Christian treatment center and trying to repair my life!

Please if you have any past or present or even family history of any kind of addiction please please take care of that 1st!! I never thought I would get back into drugs again, I even started using heroin and I never in my wildest dreams thought I would try the devils mix!! inCollage_20180827_222616620.jpeg

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using BariatricPal mobile app

So glad you entered treatment and it sounds more complicated than substance abuse - that is the symptom. Stay in long term therapy. May God bless you

So glad you entered treatment and it sounds more complicated than substance abuse - that is the symptom. Stay in long term therapy. May God bless you
It definitely is more complicated then that. And hopefully I'm strong enough to to deal with the underlying reason for my addiction but the only way to get thru it is thru it!

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using BariatricPal mobile app

I know this is an old topic but I'm going through the same thing right now. I've lost 92 pounds, broke up with my boyfriend (who was my ex-husband) and now I'm addicted to the online sites and meeting new people and having sex. I'm not really using many drugs or alcohol but I do smoke weed probably twice a week and have a few drinks twice a week. Once I'm the slightest bit buzzed (which doesn't take a lot now), I have no inhibitions and it's scary. I've put myself in a few dangerous situations. I did go see a therapist last week and told her everything. Just wanted to talk to others who have experienced this. Never in a million years didn't I think this would happen to me.