Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had a neck/facelift? I’m getting that and lower blepharoplasty (sp?)...basically under eye bag removal...on Tuesday, 8/21. It sounds like the recovery, although not too painful, is going to be a nightmare of not moving my neck and head for weeks! I’m not sure how one accomplishes that. I have no real chores. I’m retired and have put my online business on hold until mid Sept. But, geez, how do you keep your head in one position? They also told me not too yawn with my jaw open for at least 4 weeks! Uh, okay...WHAT?!

I had a neck/facelift, but no eyes. It's true that your movements are limited for a while, I don't remember it being very long--maybe two weeks. My surgeon said he wanted me to turn my upper body as a block, from the waist, so as not to ruin my neck. Things are pretty tight, too, for a while, so you are reminded by the tightness that movement is limited. Yawning can be accomplished without opening too wide. I healed well, looked awful the first 3-4 days and mostly slept and binged-watched The West Wing.

Thanks. That's reassuring. I watched tons of videos on YouTube yesterday. Seems like lots of folks figure it out so I guess I will, too. :)

Rut roh, Scooby! Much ouchier than expected.

WooooHoooo! Utilizing the pain pills to their fullest prescribed extent!

I will get through this and my neck will be amazing but DAMN...!

Are you feeling better? Bruising mostly gone? Liking your results?

On 08/31/2018 at 10:56, Foxbins said:

Are you feeling better? Bruising mostly gone? Liking your results?

I am 11 day post op. My face changes daily. Lumps come and go. Swelling does the same. Most incision areas still have a lot of numbness. The process doesn’t really chill out for weeks...won’t know what I’m really going to look like until about 4 months out but what I look like now is a good indicator.
Aside from a brutal 5-6 day headache, the pain has been minimal. I’m mostly itchy now.
I’m going to try to post a before and after I put together a day to so ago. The bruising will be around for quite some time.

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

I have documented the journey on my YouTube channel, “Karen Schisler Snyder”.

You look fantastic. Our weight loss is identical and our necks and undereyes are similar. But not sleeping for weeks has me a little scared! (I saw your videos). Congrats on being past all that and you do look fantastic!

Now that I'm so far removed from the immediate inconveniences of plastic surgery and sleeplessness, it was entirely worth it! Here's a photo from about 9 weeks out. I'm still healing everywhere but no more bruising or open wounds. And I'm sleeping like a rock! Fifty-four is right around the corner. I weighed in today at 136 pounds and I feel fantastic! I feel like I look my age but, as folks say, do finally look "good for my age".

fullsizeoutput_f1b.jpeg

10 hours ago, Screwballski said:

Now that I'm so far removed from the immediate inconveniences of plastic surgery and sleeplessness, it was entirely worth it! Here's a photo from about 9 weeks out. I'm still healing everywhere but no more bruising or open wounds. And I'm sleeping like a rock! Fifty-four is right around the corner. I weighed in today at 136 pounds and I feel fantastic! I feel like I look my age but, as folks say, do finally look "good for my age".

fullsizeoutput_f1b.jpeg

That's damn impressive. I would guess you in the mid-30s based on this pic!

On 8/18/2018 at 6:23 PM, Screwballski said:

facelift

@Screwballski

i had a neck/face lift two years ago.

i'm very pleased/happy with my neck. Not so happy about my face.☹️

left side is nice and firm/toned - right side has excess skin, not firm/toned

doc said i look eight years younger - that response to me is terrible

couldn't even say 10 yrs younger because he knew it wasn't true - thus saying

eight years he felt "safer" anyway you look at it, i don't think facelift was successful

i still feel/look as cute as a button!!😉

kathy

You look fantastic. I’d never guess your actual age! I want to follow you down this path, want all the same things done.

On 11/17/2018 at 01:14, GotProlactinoma said:

You look fantastic. I’d never guess your actual age! I want to follow you down this path, want all the same things done.

I just had a follow up appointment. Dr. Rihani says my face is actually still swollen and it’s going to get better! I can’t even deal! Natch, he wants to add fillers when I’m healed but I’m not about any more messing around with my face. I’m pleased with the results.
Now I just have to try to maintain my weight. I’ve dropped 18 pounds since the neck lift. THAT wasn’t part of the plan.