Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I start this? I feel great?? Haven't had anything bad happen. No nausea, no dumping, or any of the other things they warn you about. What DOES bother me is that I am tired as hek ALL the time. I went back to work 2-weeks post-op but half days (like 4 hours/day). I am now pulling 6-hour days starting very early in the morning when I have the most energy. But when that 1:00/2:00 pm hour rolls around I HIT a brick wall. Anyone else like this? People lecture me about it, and how this kind of major surgery could take a year to get back to normal, whatever normal is at this point. My surgeon warned me about hitting a plateau around 3-4 week post-op, and it is depressing a bit. But I am excited to get back to weight training and high cardio soon (:1295_raised_hands_tone1:). I REALLY need to start getting a meal plan down for myself so I am having regular meal times again. Protein Shakes, cottage cheese, baby meats, sugar free pudding, popsicles, G0 Powerade, Decaf coffee with sugar free vanilla Creamer - that's my diet :lol:. I'm not drinking enough lately, I know this cause my pee is nasty colors of yellow and even a little green? :51_scream:. The highlight of my week so far is being able to take my pills again without crushing them. Low point of the week - still seeing that I may have Diabetes still. All blood sugars are under 150 but then again, I'm not eating much. Hoping that it goes away soon since that was my #1 reason for having the GB done. Would love to hear how y'alls weight loss is going or how your health is. Cheers!:1335_ok_hand_tone1:

1 hour ago, Frostie1975 said:

How do I start this? I feel great?? Haven't had anything bad happen. No nausea, no dumping, or any of the other things they warn you about. What DOES bother me is that I am tired as hek ALL the time. I went back to work 2-weeks post-op but half days (like 4 hours/day). I am now pulling 6-hour days starting very early in the morning when I have the most energy. But when that 1:00/2:00 pm hour rolls around I HIT a brick wall. Anyone else like this? People lecture me about it, and how this kind of major surgery could take a year to get back to normal, whatever normal is at this point. My surgeon warned me about hitting a plateau around 3-4 week post-op, and it is depressing a bit. But I am excited to get back to weight training and high cardio soon (:1295_raised_hands_tone1:). I REALLY need to start getting a meal plan down for myself so I am having regular meal times again. Protein Shakes, cottage cheese, baby meats, sugar free pudding, popsicles, G0 Powerade, Decaf coffee with sugar free vanilla Creamer - that's my diet :lol:. I'm not drinking enough lately, I know this cause my pee is nasty colors of yellow and even a little green? :51_scream:. The highlight of my week so far is being able to take my pills again without crushing them. Low point of the week - still seeing that I may have Diabetes still. All blood sugars are under 150 but then again, I'm not eating much. Hoping that it goes away soon since that was my #1 reason for having the GB done. Would love to hear how y'alls weight loss is going or how your health is. Cheers!:1335_ok_hand_tone1:

I took 2 months off for my surgery. I couldn't imagine going back to work, even part time that close to surgery. I get tired if I forget to eat something. And working before you can get even close to your Water goal is just asking for issues in my opinion. This weekend I slacked hard on the water intake and almost ended up going to the hospital. I thought I was hungry, yeah, turned out I was dehydrated. Don't stress about the speed, or any stalls. They will happen and could happen very often. As long as you are meeting your Protein and water intake goals, and aren't going over your daily calorie limit... you'll be fine! Check my post "Time Changes Everything", I've got a great photo covering 8 years, 2 different weight loss surgeries. The image is pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

Edited by Matt Z

@GreenTealael

Vitamins are all like clockwork every day. Water intake needs to be better so I'm attributing the weird pee to that. I sleep better at night now then I have in 5 years!

4 minutes ago, Frostie1975 said:

@GreenTealael

Vitamins are all like clockwork every day. Water intake needs to be better so I'm attributing the weird pee to that. I sleep better at night now then I have in 5 years!

BTW

You'll find out after labs if you're absorbing the Vitamins ... That's also a problem

You can take them all the day long but if they aren't being absorbed you'll feel the deficiency

Had RNY Apr 2, 2018. As of June 2 I have not needed any insulin! Hang in there and be patient! I was starting to get depressed that wasn’t going to happen but it did! Getting dehydrated is the worst! Had to go to ER once for that! Never again! Hopefully!

And I will keep praying your Diabetes resolves itself soon. With all my other bumps and thumps in life, that is ONE,i have escaped. Another of the reasons I had my RnY, both of my parents and most of my Fathers siblings were. Updateusif you feel like it, miss seeing your name out here.

I’m 30 days post op today and down 28 pounds. I’m still tired a lot and feel like I the Protein Shakes help with that.

I’ve been thinking I’m hungry constantly but now I’m wondering if it’s thirst. I’m not even getting half my Water in.

My PCP says 3 class of things cause this:
1. Thirst and heading towards dehydration
2 Excess stomach acid still being produced
3. RealbHunger and his evil cousin " Head Hunger.
Back to sipsip sip ! again! You aren't limited to straight Water, week decade teas, herbal teas, propel, Gatorade Zero, Nestle Splash, even Bai,i won't tell on you!
I am currently sipping slowly a combo of Premier Protein Punch cut with Minute Maid 15 punch. I know I needprotein and hydration both, haven't done my #1 visit since before lunch, bad sign when I have 3 kidneys, usually urinate like that Russian Racehorse people joke about. Not a world class Wonderful day for yours truly.

I think I could have used a whole day in bed today!