Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got approval!! Any October sleevers out there?

I am looking at October 22 if everything moves along like it should. If not the following Tuesday will be surgery.

So?? Have you heard back? When is your date?

Sent from my SM-G892U using BariatricPal mobile app

I did thank God. Booked in for the 1st of October. Can't get my head around it... So nervous. How about you?

Sent from my SM-G955F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey Everyone!

I haven't gotten my date yet; however I do believe it'll be in October. My last weight management appointment is on the 24th of this month. My PFT and EKG are scheduled for Monday. My sleep apnea study is Monday night. I have my Iron Studies appointment on the 24th and my EGD is on the 26th. The only thing they haven't said anything about is the ABG, which I assume will take place during the Iron Studies Lab on the 24th. So, It's safe to safe I'll land somewhere in October. Everything has moved pretty quickly for me it seems. I must admit, I am not looking forward to the ABG. Has anyone else had it done? What was your experience?

Does anyone have BCBS of TX? I'm wondering how long it took to receive your approval.

Thanks,

Cindy

What is a ABG?? I did the barium swallow test thing and it wasn’t bad at all

Just now, JennieJuniper said:

Arterial Blood Gas test, taking blood from the artery instead of the vein.

October 2nd is my sleeve surgery date and I'm freaking out! 39 days and counting ! I just got my approval this last week
Also October 2nd!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am sure hoping to have surgery in October. I was actually suppose to have surgery back in June but it got pushed back because one of the surgeons left the facility so now the surgeon left had to take on double the case load. Now I have to wait for an opening. Congrats on your approval though and hopefully we will share an anniversary month.

5 hours ago, JennieJuniper said:

I believe it is a blood gas check

Does anyone have BCBS of TX? I'm wondering how long it took to receive your approval.
Thanks,
Cindy
I do! It took 2 weeks it was really fast. I went to a consultation July 31st and was able to pick my surgery date as early as 1st week of September.

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 09/05/2018 at 15:43, Psyched said:

Oh gosh. They wanted to do that to me once and I declined lol. I’m sure it won’t be THAT bad :)

On 08/13/2018 at 19:56, sleevemebaby7781 said:

I just found out that my insurance approved surgery!! I won't be able to have surgery until October because of my work schedule. Anyway, I really wasn't getting my hopes up in case insurance didn't approve it, but now it's real omg. I'm nervous and excited and would love someone to be buddies with through this. Any takers?

I'm 37. I have 4 kids (14, 11, 4 and 2) and I'm a teacher. I am starting with a BMI of 40 exactly with no comorbidities. Anyone out there with similar stats? Even different stats but you are having surgery in October? My date is 10/4.

Sent from my SM-G892U using BariatricPal mobile app

Lol, congrats! I’ve been laying low with my progresss because of the same reason (of getting my hopes up) but today I got the call and I have my surgery date for 10/24 and my pre-op appointment is 10/4 .. I’m excited, nervous, and anxious. But I’m mentally and physically ready to get this done and over with so that I smash my goals and get my life back! :)

When do you start you pre-op diet?

53 minutes ago, JennieJuniper said:
6 hours ago, Psyched said:

Oh gosh. They wanted to do that to me once and I declined lol. I’m sure it won’t be THAT bad :)

If I could, I surely would!!! I am NOT looking forward to that. Everything else has been scheduled, but they haven't mentioned the ABG test again, so fingers crossed. :-/