Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm going to try to not be too graphic here but I wanted to share this.

I was sleeved 8 days ago, on Tues. Thursday afternoon, I started taking the stool softner they gave me but it wasn't doing the trick. Friday, I was a little worried but was able to go a little . Every time I felt the need to go, it was like I was trying to pass a golf ball or more like, golf balls! On Monday, I called and talked to my NUT and she suggested Magnesium Citrate. I asked about Miralax and she said that would be ok. I got some Miralax and started that Monday evening. I had some more attempts but things were so hard and my this time, I was definitely impacted ALOT. My butt was hurting and sore from all the straining and fissures that had happened. Tuesday morning, again, painful and horrible. This stuff had to get out. I sent my daughter out for some Magnesium Citrate and when she got home, I gave it a try. I was supposed to drink the whole bottle. It's 10 oz and I drank a few ounces but that stuff was so nasty! I called my husband and asked him to bring an enema on his way home from work. Last night, I went to the bathroom and prepared myself the best I could. I then realized that this was not a one person job. My husband kindly and gently helped. I don't see how people can hold an enema in for very long. I think I may have made it just in 2 minutes. What followed, well, I'm not going to go into detail. It was gross and painful, poopy and bloody. But I knew there was still some stuck in there. There was about 1/3 of the enema left in the bottle and I called my husband up and hoped that would finish the job. Round 2. Again, about 2 minutes later, I'm on the toilet. God, I hope that's the last time to do all that. I cleaned up, got some preparation H and went back down stairs to take my nightly does of Miralax.

In the middle of the night, I got up and yep, passed some more not quite golf balls. And, this morning I got up and had to go. I'm so sore but I had to act of the urge. I was so happy to finally have something that resemble a normal poop. Kind of ballish to begin with but then there was like, alot after that that wasn't.

After that, I called and spoke with my surgeon just inform her and to ask about this hardness on my right side (which I think could be, yep, you got it poop in my colon/large intestines). She agreed but said as long as it wasn't painful (and it's not) to keep with the miralax daily and plenty of Water. Best thing about it is that she said I could go ahead and eat some food, like eggs and other soft food.

What has your poop journey been? What do you find is helpful in dealing with Constipation? If you have dealt with it, does it improve? I never had issues with constipation in the past. I don't want to get impacted again, that's for sure!

I have found that milk of magnesia helped when I was freshly post op. And that was around the 8-10 day post op day. I have only needed it that one time.

There are times now (3 months post op) where my poop has been liquid and other days where it’s normal. Once you start eating a variety of foods with Fiber etc. and drink more Water, moving your bowels become easier.

OMG maybe I had better warn Tomkitten of all this. He already chases me with the Lasix and K-Clor,pills not I guess I had better put the MoM. and the Miralax on the bottom shelf of my nightstand.
I want--Sweet,September Songs ***
Not a September That goes wrong!