Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't tolerate it...

Ok - through much trial and error I have found out that I can't tolerate:

• Bread - it gets stuck or something... But hurts like the dickens..
  • Tater Tots - Ok this was the closest I came to having something come back up, I ate 3 ONLY 3 tater tots and chewed chewed chewed - but it still got stuck... If it would not have hurt so bad, I would have cried. OMG.... anyone else having any of these experiences? (still hurts, like residual pain or something)
  • Stupid scales that need to be calibrated every time they are put away and then brought back out for a weigh-in. Yeah - that means my weight loss is truly only 21lbs and not what is posted below (but I refuse to change it as I will be there soon - I just know it).

Guess I am still learning how I can and can't eat.

Amy

Right now I have no problem with any food. I wish I did! But I go tuesday for my first fill and I'm hoping to have some restriction so maybe I won't be able to some foods. I just want restriction!!!

Man, Oh Man, are y'all brave. I haven't even tried bread, or tater tots, or anything of that sort.

Yesterday, I tried some Cereal with milk, that is big for me.

I have pretty much stuck to Soups, cottage cheese, eggs, Protein Shakes and such. I did eat some recee's cups after Halloween! oopsy!

I have really wanted to try red meat, but not ready to see what happens. My first fill is Nov. 26. Thank ya Jesus! I am ready for a fill. I am always wanting to eat.

Oh, I found that cheetos really softens up when you suck on them and chew them thoroghly...just dont eat too much.

I've noticed that most of the things I can't tolerate are really just because I took too big of a bite and didn't chew well enough. There are a few things that no matter how much I chew, it hurts going down. Anything heavy or dense, like bread. If it's toasted or an "airy" bread, I'm fine. Dry meats bother me. I have really started paying more attention to what and how I am cooking. Not over cooking my meats and adding things to add moisture to the meal have helped.

I haven't tried bread or Pasta yet. Last night I had rice with my Thai Curry and Basil chicken, and it went down WAY TOO EASY. In fact, I was able to eat an entire portion, which really surprised me. I stick to liquids during the day and typically only eat solids at night, so I was shocked I was able to eat so much. I definitely need to ask for another plate, when I go out, so I can portion my meal and ask for leftovers. Last night was the first time I've had that much food in front of me, and unfortunately I ate it all (with zero pain and band filled once). Baked chicken is hard for me to get down though, so those portions stay pretty small. tuna is easy, as are boiled eggs on most mornings (yesterday the egg turned into a golf-ball).

Hello Lap Band Family,

I Am So New At This And I Have So Many Questions. First I Was Banded On 0ct 23, 2007. I Lost 14 Pds. So Far. I Want People To Talk To So I Can Make Sure That What I Am Going Through Is Normal And I Don't Feel So Alone.

Does Anybody Know How To Get The Ticker On The Site?

Crazy Question #1. Ha Ha

hello lap band family,

i am new to the site and i have a lot of questions. i was banded on oct 23,2007. i have lost 14 pds so far. i have not had a fill yet. i will be getting one on nov. 14th. :)

can someone show me how to get the ticker on when i post? :help:thanks.

laphappy40,

You can get the ticker scale at tickerfactory.com.

It will calculate your old bmi, ask you your current weight and your goal. weight. Once you are done, copy and paste it to you signature on lapbandtalk.com & it will show up everytime you reply or ask a question on a thread.

PS- once you've created your ticker you can double click on your ticker from a previous or just posted thread and it will take you directly to your ticker so that you can update it.

hello lap band family,

i was banded on october 23rd, 2007. i have not had my first fill yet and i am hungry. i must admit i did have some candy two days ago. bad i know . i sometimes feel i could go crazy with the thought of eating. i drink 75grams of protien a day. drink a whole lot of Water. i now can eat mushy foods and Cereal. i won't get my first fill until wednesday, 11/14. any suggestions what to do in the meantime. does anybody else have these problems?:help:

Lap happy how are you getting filled so soon. I am using fillcenter and they refuse to give you afill untill at least six weeks. I kind of wish I could get one on the 23rd like you. Actually that was the day I was trying to schedule for. Then when I told them I was banded on the 25th of October they told me I had to wait six weeks. Do you think your stiches and everything inside has healed? I don't know I am just asking.

I dont have problems with any particular food - I can even eat bread, although of course some foods are go slow ones and others I can eat easily.

Whenever I've had a PB, its always been not chewing enough. Its always the first bite or two of any meal that has caused it too, sometimes things just go down wrong.

Some things though, I just dont even want to bother with anymore, because discomfort is inevitable. pizza is one of those, I just dont desire it ever any more.

You are doing such a good job and doing all the right things. I was banded on the same day and I haven't been nearly so good. As a breastfeeding mum (my second son is 14 weeks old) I was dying on nothing but liquids and mushy foods. i have been really careful and haven't gone near red meat (not that I like it much anyway) but I have been eating quite a lot of solid food. I am amazed by how easily it is all going down, although I am eating much less and chewing really well. I can't get my first fill until the 17th of December although it won't be a lot due to the breastfeeding. But chicken, Pasta, rice fruit etc no problems. I still only have a smoothie for Breakfast and a cup of Soup for lunch but I am having solids in the evening. One thing I have been trying is thinking about the quality of the food I eat - and I've decided if I am going to eat something "not so good" I have to make it myself. That way I burn up some calories with cooking (dancing while you do it helps too) and usually by the time I get round to it, I realise I don't really need it anyway. I lost heaps of weight in those first few liquid weeks 10 kgs - approx 22 pound but I have slowed now that I am eating some solids. Probably a good thing though, otherwise my skin won't have time to adjust. Hang in there, keep with it and we'll all lose heaps of weight together.