Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 8/25/2018 at 1:01 PM, Jimberly said:

Mine is scheduled for September 6! It is getting so close now. Start my one week pre op diet next Thursday!! Good luck to everyone!

Another sleever on September 6th! Awesome and welcome! Good luck with your pre-op phase.

On 8/25/2018 at 12:00 AM, PrettySmartChic said:

Congrats everyone on achieving this major milestone.

I was approved on August 16th for September 19th. I will start the liver shrinking diet on Wednesday or Thursday of next week - I have a move planned on 8/31 so I’m thinking I’ll be too busy to think about what I’m missing.

I’m concerned about the social implications of weight loss and nosey people (I’m a private person but body changes are not private)!!!

But for now I’m proud of 6 months of preparation and getting to this step.

Welcome and good luck with your pre-op phase!

If you are still within the window to maintain your scheduled move, I recommend you do it before you have your surgery. I was planning to move to one of the two new buildings that my apartment complex just constructed, but the one that is ready is already completely full and the second building has had a setback for the move-in dates. I was supposed to be able to move in by the beginning of August, but now it looks like October before the second building will be ready to occupy. I think this is a blessing in disguise for me - I've decided not to move within the complex. If I move it will be to a new complex completely.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:41 PM, WellsK1959 said:

Hello! I’m new to the site, and I’m just want to hear about everyone’s experiences during each step of the process. I’ getting the gastric sleeve. I haven’t gotten my date yet, but I’ve seen the dietitian and the social worker. I’ve made my appointment with the psychologist to mentally prepare me for what’s to come. I’m thinking my operation will be close to Thanksgiving. I hope to hear some encouraging words from the group.

Welcome! This a great site for information and for links to additional information. I've learned so much in my short time here - I joined in July of this year. Your appointments will fly past and you will have a date very soon. Good luck!

17 hours ago, NewJoseph said:

Hello Good People, I am having my Gastric Sleeve on 4th of September, will keep you updated with the results and the progress that I will hopefully make. looking forward to making new friends here and get some support as this is my first post and I just joined this site.

I'm 380lbs as of now 6feet 5inches tall. my goal weight is 220lbs. I feel optimistic about this and I have confidence that I will achieve the GW.

Welcome! It seems the first week in September is very popular this year! Good luck on your pre-op phase and I look forward to hearing more about you and your progress. You are starting your journey just a few pounds less than I started, although you are a few inches taller as well. My goal is 200 pounds, but it would be nice to be less than 200 if I can get there. Good luck!

6 hours ago, TX4everLinds said:
On 8/21/2018 at 12:28 PM, macadamia said:

That's awesome! It's amazing what can be done when it is necessary to have something changed. Sweet!

Thanks but I’m not on FB!

My comment had nothing to do with FB, as I am also not part of that group. I was merely saying that it was nice that you could get things changed when you asked to have them changed. Someone else mentioned a FB group. I believe you quoted the wrong post, accidentally... no worries!

6 hours ago, TX4everLinds said:

I’m having the sleeve. My preop is Clear Liquids only and I can add clear Liquid Protein on day 5. I’ve been seeing dietician though since February 27 and been eating basically Keto/low-carb and have lost 52lbs so far.

Awesome! And I'm sorry that your entire pre-op phase is Clear Liquids only. Blech! Congrats on your weight loss so far. I'm down over 32 pounds since June 29, 2018, but have had a stall lately that I will elaborate on later tonight. It appears that I am back on track.

On 08/13/2018 at 22:27, misschrisdallas said:

Hi, guys!! Just found out today I was approved and am scheduled for September 12 in Lewisville, TX. :D I am sooo excited! Congrats, y’all!

What all have you all bought in preparation for the surgery (vitamins, shakes, whatever...)? I’m trying to get my list together because I’m sure it’ll be here before I know it.

My Vitamins are:
Flintstones complete x2
B12 spray
D3 liquid
Wellesse liquid Calcium citrate
BariMelts biotin

I was told by a friend who is a nurse and had the surgery to take a stool softener each day of the preop diet and with pain meds afterwards. I also bought Isopure unflavored Protein Powder to add to things afterwards.

On 08/26/2018 at 22:59, macadamia said:

Thanks but I’m not on FB!

My comment had nothing to do with FB, as I am also not part of that group. I was merely saying that it was nice that you could get things changed when you asked to have them changed. Someone else mentioned a FB group. I believe you quoted the wrong post, accidentally... no worries!

Yes I misquoted or something. I don’t know how to reply on this app. It’s confusing. And I also didn’t change anything or have anything changed so I think that was a different response also! It’s mass confusion! Anyway yes thanks and congrats to you on preop loss so far. Keep up the good work!

I rarely use the app because, frankly, I do not know how to use it. And something is wrong with the website right now, because I cannot quote anything.

@TX4everLinds Make sure you read the labels on the Isopure drinks. The teas both have caffeine in them. I found that information on their website. I'm pretty sure that the other flavors do not have any caffeine in them. I looked it up because I am not allowed to have caffeine until about six months after surgery.

On 08/26/2018 at 23:31, macadamia said:

I rarely use the app because, frankly, I do not know how to use it. And something is wrong with the website right now, because I cannot quote anything.

@TX4everLinds Make sure you read the labels on the Isopure drinks. The teas both have caffeine in them. I found that information on their website. I'm pretty sure that the other flavors do not have any caffeine in them. I looked it up because I am not allowed to have caffeine until about six months after surgery.

Thanks I have not had caffeine since feb 27. I just quit everything! I need to double check the ones I bought. I got zero carb ready to drink clear Protein. Thanks again

So, here is my first personal update in a few weeks. I apologize for the delay in the update, but I've not been feeling very well.

Disclaimer: before anyone freaks out about what I am about to talk about here, please remember that I am still pre-op and my situation is far from your situation. Unless you have a history of what I am talking about, you are very unlikely to have one in your pre-op phase...

I had what I thought was a stall in my pre-op phase. I had cheated a bit over the past few weeks, but not enough to gain 8 pounds. I had been feeling sick to my stomach and had abdominal pain for a few weeks, but last Wednesday it got really bad. I went to work but ended up leaving early. I sat at home and hoped the pain would go away but it only got worse. I ended up in the emergency room about 4am on Thursday morning. I was given an IV, Fentanyl for the pain, and Zofran for the nausea. I was sent for a CT scan and they found that I had a small bowel obstruction. I was admitted, had a N-G tube placed (a naso-gastro tube stuck up my nose and down into my stomach - yes, it is as nasty as it sounds), and was given more pain meds. The surgeon came to talk to me and he said that he did not believe that I needed surgery and that we would wait to see if it clears on its own. (This was my 14th small bowel obstruction since 1995 and I have only had to have surgery because of the one in May 2017 and August 2017.) The surgeon also changed my pain med to Dilaudid, which is a much stronger med and actually helps when I have a blockage.

So, after not eating for a couple of days and having the contents of my stomach vacuumed out, the blockage finally released and I was allowed to eat again. Since the blockage has released, I've lost almost 10 pounds (eight of which was stuck) and after my official weigh-in at work on Tuesday, I'll be updating my progress.

@TX4everLinds IIRC, the flavors were the Green Tea and the Black Tea.

I finally have a date! 9/25/18!!! All my pre-op appointments are done as of today. I have been told to start pre-op now as I have a very high BMI. So I’ll be on 1 week of modified diet, then 3 solid weeks of liquid pre-op and then another 4 weeks of the same diet post op!

Beingdina my date is 9/26. I also have a High BMI and will be starting a modified diet 9/1 and than all liquids 9/12. Good luck!