Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 hours ago, misschrisdallas said:

Hi, guys!! Just found out today I was approved and am scheduled for September 12 in Lewisville, TX. :D I am sooo excited! Congrats, y’all!

What all have you all bought in preparation for the surgery (vitamins, shakes, whatever...)? I’m trying to get my list together because I’m sure it’ll be here before I know it.

Welcome! I actually grew up in McKinney. I live up WI now, but chose to have my surgery in Dallas. Mine is on the 5th.

I've bought the Vitamins my surgeon recommends for all patients (multi-vitamin, D3, B1, B12, and Calcium citrate), pill organizer, and a pill splitter/crusher. I've bought a variety of Protein Powder and Protein Bars to see which ones I like and for after the surgery, which ones I tolerate best. I bought a Ninja blender that has an attachment for single serve smoothies and spiralizer for veggie noodles. I also bought some sugar free electrolyte powder to add to my Water. I already have a really good food scale, but may upgrade my regular scale. Oh, and a fabric tape measure and a journal. I think that's it.

Hey did everyone hear 5hat they are recalling some of the Vitamix?
People were getting,cut on the blades😢

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Hey did everyone hear 5hat they are recalling some of the Vitamix?
People were getting,cut on the blades😢

Oh no!! And Vitamix isn't cheap either. I wonder how it got past quality control. I kept reading and seeing videos recommending them, but just couldn't justify the $500 to $600 price tag!

They are making new containers and jars with safeguards. Maybe if you get in change with Vitamix, they have got to have a website or phone number you can Well,i would guess that will want to make it right.😛

On 8/10/2018 at 9:20 PM, wanda247 said:

@macadamia congratulations 🎉 I wish you all the best!! Your date is right around the corner, you will do great.

Thank you!

On 8/12/2018 at 9:45 AM, VictoriouSlyG8tful said:

Hello. I am scheduled on the Sept.12th and start my liquid diet on Aug. 29. I see all of these comments about endoscopy and CT scans but my surgeon hasn’t mention these test to me. Are these test part of the clinics before surgery?

Congrats! Don't worry about what other people are having (tests) or are doing (diets). Follow YOUR program. Your surgical team has been successful with their program. You will be successful if you follow it. Maybe based on your age, weight, and other factors, your team deemed some of the tests unnecessary. It does not mean anything. And, the CT scan is never part of the normally scheduled test regime unless there is something else that makes the surgeon order it. In my case, (which has extenuating conditions that I have not shared with anyone yet) the endoscopy showed something that the surgeon wanted to make sure was not an issue. He ordered the CT scan to double check, and it came back unremarkable, which means, in doctor-speak, normal. It did confirm that I have a hiatal hernia, which he will repair when he does the surgery.

Good luck to you!

On 8/9/2018 at 5:36 PM, Frustr8 said:

You are a smart crafty dude, I like that in a guy! You are good to have as a friend! Don't ever want to find out what k8nd of an enemy you would be!😛

I'm not sure if this is meant to be a compliment or not... :P I'm going to take it as a compliment! Thanks!

14 hours ago, misschrisdallas said:

Hi, guys!! Just found out today I was approved and am scheduled for September 12 in Lewisville, TX. :D I am sooo excited! Congrats, y’all!

What all have you all bought in preparation for the surgery (vitamins, shakes, whatever...)? I’m trying to get my list together because I’m sure it’ll be here before I know it.

Awesome! and Congrats! I recommend that you go easy on pre-purchasing a ton of stuff before surgery. I've heard a lot of people say their tastes and tolerances are much much different after surgery. Pre-buying a bunch of stuff may seem like a great idea, but if you have to throw it all out because you cannot stand it or tolerate it after surgery, it will be a waste of time and money. I personally am going to wait to get most of my things. I will pre-make a couple of chicken puree dishes and freeze them prior to surgery, so I have something I can just defrost, heat-up, and eat after I get home. Then, I will venture out and buy small quantities of things I want to try and incorporate into my diet. That way, if I have issues, it will not be a great waste.

Good luck!

On 8/10/2018 at 8:06 AM, Flicky said:

Hi all, September 3rd date for me. Looking forward to it - feeling a mixture of excitement and nerves as it gets closer! Only 10 days until the milk diet begins... good luck to everyone!

Welcome! and Congrats! It will be here before you know it!

Oh Macadamia I did and do mean it as a sincere compliment. There would be nothing equivocal about you, you are a very commited individual and I think you and I will rock the world back on its heels with our success. So compliment all the way.

21 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Oh Macadamia I did and do mean it as a sincere compliment. There would be nothing equivocal about you, you are a very commited individual and I think you and I will rock the world back on its heels with our success. So compliment all the way.

Thank you so very much for the kind words. I appreciate it! (and I was only teasing) B)

20 hours ago, VictoriouSlyG8tful said:

Thank you Macadamia! I appreciate your feedback. Good luck on your surgery. Mine is the following week on the 12th.

Welcome! Thank you! and good luck to you too on your journey! We're all in this together.

Everything has been submitted to my insurance company. I have the endoscopy scheduled for aug. 28. I am thinking that I will be scheduled for late Sept.

I have been eating so much better. I've lost some weight and people keep asking, " why are you having the surgery then?"

I have to keep repeating for them and myself because I need this tool to keep it off.

Cheers Sept Sleevers!

1 hour ago, chicagogirl74 said:

Everything has been submitted to my insurance company. I have the endoscopy scheduled for aug. 28. I am thinking that I will be scheduled for late Sept.

I have been eating so much better. I've lost some weight and people keep asking, " why are you having the surgery then?"

I have to keep repeating for them and myself because I need this tool to keep it off.

Cheers Sept Sleevers!

Congrats! and keep us informed! Keep up the good work!