Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled for Lap Band - Success vs Regret?

Thanks @Jendkopp. I appreciate you sharing your story with me.

I know the band is just a tool. It is NOT a miracle. You still need to eat right (healthy choices, portion control) and exercise.

I guess no weight loss surgery is fool proof. I heard good and bad things about all the options.

Kimberly

i was in no way implying there would be bad food choices. the problem with the band is that it is sometimes difficult to eat the "good" foods b/c the bands may not allow you to eat them - certain good for you foods just get stuck and you have to eliminate them. others want restriction, but if you can feel tightness, you have too much. i think the band is highly misunderstood, which leads to so many complications. i am a highly compliant patient and still have had some major complications. i hope it works for you. i just believe in putting both the good and bad out there so you can make an informed decision :)

I appreciate that @Jendkopp.

I had the Roux-En-Y, so I can relate to stuff feeling "stuck". Heck, I used to throw up so much in the beginning I had to keep bags in my car just in case.

I know what you mean about good and bad foods. Its weird how post-surgery (Roux-En-Y) I could eat some things with no problem and other things I had an issue with, even going 100% along with what my doctor told me.

I know I have to rethink that way I see food, and I know it's going to be a learning process. I think I'm up for the challenge. I did it before with the Roux-En-Y and I was successful in keeping a lot of weight off for a long time. I'm sure I can do it again. :-)