Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Your taking the easy way out"

So I decided to drop a friend who literally told me I was "taking the easy way out" if I got this surgery and all the months leading up to it would say I was "pathetic" and "lazy" just threw a slew of disgusting insults my way which made me feel shitty
Little back story:
I'm 22 and struggled with my weight my whole life (due to PCOS and other medical things) from 13-19 years old I suffered anorexia and got down to 80 something pounds (I was literally on my death bed)so right when I graduated high school for an entire year after I was inpatient in the hospital and recovering from the anorexia when I got out I guess I just couldn't stop gaining weight? (PCOS, hereditary etc)It started triggering me a lot and I would try everything to lose weight! I'm a vegetarian I work with dogs running around all day with them constantly moving very active job so you can imagine my frustration so I decided to go this route and I'm 3 weeks out and 25 pounds down and I'm doing very well this is kinda going all over the place lol sorry to whoever reads this

Anywhoooo my "friend" would just put me down constantly and they knew me during my anorexic days they knew me during the recovery days they saw how much I struggled with weight gain and loss and still had the audacity to say if I went through with this procedure I was taking the "easy way out" and they'd "never be able to look at me the same" so a couple days before my surgery I dropped them and I gotta say I don't miss them at all if anything this surgery is HARDER than doing it on your own it's a fucking surgery for fucks sake #1 and #2 there is no going back you gotta learn new ways to eat you gotta take Vitamins and minerals you gotta make sure you get a certain amount of Protein everyday this is by no means "easy" and it still fuckin annoys me that people have the audacity to say some dumb shit like that

Sorry this went like all over the place I'm just annoyed at the moment and I had to vent about it

Oh and about the PCOS she would say that was an excuse!!! Which is bullshit she literally told me once "I know a girl who has it and she's a twig" I was like umm okay? good for her PCOS is different for everybody you imbecile ugh ugh uggghhhhh

I'm glad I dropped her I've had nothing but positivity and support it's been great

PCOS is an absolutely unfun thing to have, but you are lazy and looking for an easy way out? I DON T THINK SO, it's one of the hardest roads to walk down, but if you can stick it out it is So Worth It! You are among friends here and we will never diss you that way! I, for one, am very,proud of you and the steps you are taking at a young age. Good For You!😛

Ok your rant is justified and OVER. Some friends need us to remain the 'broken friend that needs fixing' because of their own issues. Find new supportive friends. Here are couple things to think about - she was this way before you contemplated surgery - why were you keeping her a friend then? What purpose was she serving you as that friend? That is not a 'surface question'.

I hope you get or are still in therapy, this is a tough business and surgery will only solve one issue - physical restriction. Join a bariateic support group also. The head stuff is head stuff and requires way more work to solve. Concentrate on your internal struggle with your demons - whatever they are. Good luck.

You're among friends here, @krissy95 We won't judge or belittle you. Joining this forum was your "easy way in" to getting support, advice, and a whole community of like-minded women and men. Welcome, and never apologize for a rambling rant. Those are the most therapeutic kind.;)

You know, this subject comes up a lot and I have heard it myself. People tell you, you are taking the easy way out. We all know that is not true. There is nothing easy about this process. If they are so convinced it's the easy way out nothing you say will change their mind (for the most part). So I am thinking... even if it was the easy way out, so what??

People take the easy way out all the time and they are not judged for it. Like having liposuction to get rid of a little extra fat instead of going to the gym and eating healthy. Like buying a lottery ticket to get rich quick instead of working hard to earn it. Like taking Protein supplements and other muscle growth supplements to grow their muscles instead of gutting it out at the gym 3 hours a day or more to get the same results? Like buying pre-made meals instead of cooking fresh. Like having a facelift or other procedures to stay younger looking and reverse damage done to your skin when you were younger. Instead of taking good care of your skin from the get go, wash your face nightly, use moisturizers, apply sunblock, etc.

So they'll say it is because of the risk of having such a major surgery. But again, so what?? is there no risk to going under the knife for plastic surgery? Is there no risk to taking supplements that are not tested or approved by the fda? Or even buying pre-cut fruits and veggies given all these salmonella cases?

Sorry if I hijacked your rant with one of my own but it really struck a chord with me and made me really mad at your "friend" for being so mean and rude and downright emotionally abusive. Good for you for kicking them to the curve. With friends like that who needs enemies?

Good for you for dropping her as a friend. I wish someone in my real life would tell me I am taking the easy way out.

On 7/22/2018 at 1:05 PM, Bryn910 said:

Good for you for dropping her as a friend. I wish someone in my real life would tell me I am taking the easy way out.

I'm thinking people like that need a knuckle sandwich, eh?

5 hours ago, macadamia said:

I'm thinking people like that need a knuckle sandwich, eh?

lol I wish I could sock em, but I am more of a give you a piece of my mind type of gal. I can’t go getting arrested now 😂

And "never look at you the same way again" I certainly hope not! If they can't look at you with the respect in their eyes that you DO DESERVE, withold their right to look at you at all. And my Bari-Bud. Tealael is right, with her statement. That's exactly what they are!