Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post or response removal

I was under the impression that posts and responses could not be removed or deleted, but I've seen one disappear. How is this possible? Under what circumstances can a post be removed by a web moderator?
VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

Are you referring to the "dog" post from yesterday?

Yes and no, I was uploading something and it upload three times , because I can't erase two of the post I had to edit them and create different content on them, I didn't really have anything to say so that's a pain, but the "dog" post is gone! So I just would like some clarity in when/if things can be deleted or if NO is the final answer like I got a few months ago...VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

It's been my experience that there is a brief window (how long I'm not sure) in which one can edit posts. In the "dog" post, the window was still open, so the poster hit EDIT and erased/altered her comment.

As for the doubling or tripling of posts, that sounds like a glitch. The only thing you can really do is erase all content from duplicate posts so you won't have three posts with the same words. I'd rather have two "blank" posts and one with words, than all three with the same wording.

The other day, I saw someone create three identical topics. I believe that she was new and, unfortunately, was not treated with kindness or patience. Once a new topic is created, I don't believe that you can undo it. Not by yourself, anyway.

Hopefully, someone will stop by and answer these questions FULLY for us. I didn't even know the area WEBSITE ASSISTANCE & SUGGESTIONS existed! I guess I know now.:)

Okay. I see that you mentioned that you were uploading something. I've had that experience, too. I think there's a delay of some sort, we get impatient and assume that our image isn't uploading, so we try uploading it again. Every attempt results in a duplicate.:44_frowning2:

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

Yes you can edit a post or response for 2 hrs but NEVER delete ANYTHING completely,you have to you a space bar holder to at least preserve your post , so the fact that it was gone piqued my interest if something had changed, because it would have been really helpful when I was frantically trying to erase two additional sets of incorrectly uploaded photos , I just gave up on the third...

Okay. I see that you mentioned that you were uploading something. I've had that experience, too. I think there's a delay of some sort, we get impatient and assume that our image isn't uploading, so we try uploading it again. Every attempt results in a duplicate.:44_frowning2:
There was a glitch and three identical posts were created... So annoying

If there are duplicates or you *REALLY* want something you posted removed, you can click on the "report" button for that post and enter what you want in the request box. I typically report duplications when I see them so that they can be removed.

If there are duplicates or you *REALLY* want something you posted removed, you can click on the "report" button for that post and enter what you want in the request box. I typically report duplications when I see them so that they can be removed.
Yes it can

On 8/26/2018 at 12:32 AM, PALOMABELLA said:
On 7/30/2018 at 2:58 PM, Matt Z said:

Yes it can

Did you read what I wrote? I'm confused by your "Yes it can" post in reply to my post outlining how to have duplicates removed... did you quote the wrong post?

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I just posted a question in the vet thread that I said I would delete if needed, then realized I couldn't delete (if in fact I need to)!Glad to know I can report my own post and request it be deleted should the need arise. Thanks, Matt!

~SW: 278 CW: 165~

RNY 1/5/2005

"What got you here won't get you there."