Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went into hospital at 8:30 am and sat and waited until almost 1pm when they brought me into the OR. I had zero nerves or worries, just ready to get in there. After surgery I was OUT of it. Nurses or whoever told me when I was in my room they would not give me pain meds if I was going to sleep as the pain could not be that bad if I was able to sleep through it. I was so out of it I didn't care at that point. Woke up a few hours later with the worst abdominal pain ever and was ready to kill the pain med lady. She seemed to take here time getting to me... The next few hours went by and every time a nurse asked if I needed pain meds I told her to fill it up. I wasn't going to pass again and deal with what I did earlier. Pretty much slept on and off until about noon the next day. I had a lot of abdominal pain (gas) and nausea. Did not vomit at all but it sucked holding it back. I did not want to know what the belly pain would feel like hacking anything up. I had a lot of phlegm so coughing that up was bad enough. Did my swallow test and that went well other than the taste of the liquid. Started sipping Water and broth and that also went well. Walked as often as I could when I was awake. Had my last dose of pain meds friday around noon. Nurse offered one last shot but told me I would have to wait an extra hour before discharge if I did, I passed. Did get a shot of the nausea meds though.

Got home after 7pm Friday evening and pretty much sat on the sofa and fell asleep. Woke around midnight with nausea and gas pains but just went up to my bed. I had an old foam cushion that I cut to sit on an angle and put my pillows on that so I was almost in a seated position while sleeping. Woke at 4am with the same nausea and gas pains and was kind of out of it. So I just sat in silence and tried sipping my water and clear Protein. Took until about noon for the nausea to subside but the gas pains were still there. I did figure out that If i stretched my neck looking straight up and breathed deeply in and out while having the gas pain it would sometimes release in a burp or just air bubble escaping. That works wonders and I've been doing it since. They sent me home with liquid Tylenol with codeine and I took a dose of that late evening just because of the belly soreness and sore back, hip and knee joints. Was just enough to take the edge off. Got down about 40g of protein and 60oz of liquids. I did way myself just to see and I was up 2lbs from surgery date, expected.

So woke this morning and feel so much better. No nausea very little gas pain but still have to make sure to sip my liquids. Don't think I'm hungry as it just feels like belly soreness. Havn't had a meal since Wednesday morning. Joint pain has gotten less and belly soreness is lower. Already down 8oz of Bone Broth with protein which by the way tastes horrible. The most bland watered down taste ever and the clear Protein Drinks have the horrible fake sugar taste. But If that's the worse of my problems I'll take it. I see some of you are having Protein Shakes, is that part of the clear liquid diet or just approved on your program? It's not on my list of "ok's".

Anyway, Thanks for listening/reading. Sorry for the super long post and BEST OF LUCK TO ALL ON THIS WONDERFUL JOURNEY!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear your surgery went well and you're on the mend! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I happen to like the "super long posts" I want to hear about as many peoples experiences with surgery as possible. I want to be aware of as many of the little unexpected things, issues, etc as I can. I guess I think the more I know the more ready I feel, if that makes sense.

Thank you @Orchids&Dragons

And you as well @Chrisb428 That's exactly what I did when starting this journey. I read tons of posts. Even ones that i did not think would have to do with me but wanted to all all experiences. I learned a lot and feel I went into this well prepared.

Thank you to all of you here for your knowledge!!!!

Edited by J San