Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People telling me what to do without had surgery

Is there anybody else out there like me to get so annoyed with someone who’s never had gastric sleeve or any gastric surgery, telling you what to eat or drink. Or people saying can you have that really after your surgery. I mean I get the fact that it’s private and you don’t have to share it with people however if people ask me how I lost weight but I haven’t seen in a while I’m not gonna lie to them and say I did diet exercise because that would be not good for my own health. However these people are just so annoying I just want him to shut up.

Just today my sister is trying to give me advice to not feel nauseous. I just want to say to her you don’t know what I’m going through so shut the hell up. She’s like oh I talk to a friend of mine who had the surgery and she said this. It’s OK for us to go back to each other because we’ve all been through it but when other people start interjecting saying oh I read this so I saw that. I want to shoot them.

Sorry, I’m just venting. Soooo annoyed

Most people ARE trying to be helpful, the rest are nosey and just can't resist giving advice.

It's not lying to not share your personal medical file, it's really no one's business - I always say - 'I'm working with a nutritionist.' I don't care if anyone isn't satisfied with that answer, I don't need approval and certainly don't need disapproval or unwanted comments. You just open the door and they WILL walk right in. My 2 cents.

If it's someone you love (like your sister) you don't shoot them, lol. If its someone you don't love like (nosey Michelle in processing) you don't shoot them, lol.
But one relationship you want to maintain forever so tread lightly even when frustrated, but nosey Michelle can get a piece of your mind..

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using BariatricPal mobile app

Is there anybody else out there like me to get so annoyed with someone who’s never had gastric sleeve or any gastric surgery, telling you what to eat or drink. Or people saying can you have that really after your surgery. I mean I get the fact that it’s private and you don’t have to share it with people however if people ask me how I lost weight but I haven’t seen in a while I’m not gonna lie to them and say I did diet exercise because that would be not good for my own health. However these people are just so annoying I just want him to shut up.
Just today my sister is trying to give me advice to not feel nauseous. I just want to say to her you don’t know what I’m going through so shut the hell up. She’s like oh I talk to a friend of mine who had the surgery and she said this. It’s OK for us to go back to each other because we’ve all been through it but when other people start interjecting saying oh I read this so I saw that. I want to shoot them.

Sorry, I’m just venting. Soooo annoyed
Was reading your post wanted to say sorry you're going through such a hard time with other people not knowing what you're going through because they're not in your shoes the best thing to do for yourself is not share your private information with them it's none of their business especially if they're not in your corner the less they know the better off you are talk to people that have had the surgery who can support you and give you the advice that you need and let their words go in one ear and out the other don't let them rent space in your head love them but love them from a distance and only let them in your life to a certain extent I've had to learn this the hard way best wishes to you as you know I was sleeved 1 month and 1 week ago it's not an easy battle I am struggling to but getting better each day I'm here if you need to talk just a message away good luck to you and message me anytime[emoji5]

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

And @lisalou1968 as we start,the last few days of July- first few days of August- how are YOU doing?

actually I am doing a whole lot better I had to learn the combination that works best for me and my sleeve I was doing a number of things wrong aside from overeating but I have conquered those obstacles how are you