Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Actitrainer (Like a Bodybugg :) )

The promotional coupon code for the Actitrainer is FM07111. The lady I spoke to said that today at 5:00pm was the deadline to use the code. It only takes $10.00 off the price, but every little bit counts.

I also posted this in the BB thread, but I have pretty much the same questions for the Acitrainer.

I am thinking about getting an Acitrainer. I haven't been able to find much info online.

I noticed most of the people getting these devices have already lost a large %age of their weight. Has anyone gotten it w/around the amount of weight I still have to lose? Do you think it's more beneficial when you are closer to your goal?

I have tried FitDay in the past and I do it for a day or so and then stop. I have a hard time getting myself to do it consistantly. Anyone else have this problem? Is it easier, quicker w/BB? A lot of times I feel like I have to do a lot of guessing based off the choices they give or my calculations.

Also, I am really looking to purchase it if the price goes down again, so I will keep looking. From reading this tread, there is no monthly fee. Is that correct?

Thanks!! happy.gif

I think the sooner u get it the more weight u will lose over all

Order my Actitrainer today can't wait to get it. I order from Amazon.com the shipping was cheaper and because I already have a accout I got is for $30.00 cheaper, how cool is that . it's coming from Florida I am in Texas ans they are sending 2 days Fed Ex. can't wait to start counting calories burned. now all I waiting on is my APPROVAL LETTER FROM UHC :bounce:

So far, I'm really enjoying it. I never moved it to my arm or ankle, but will hopefully try it this week.

I signed up for the Virtual Trainer 15 day free trial yesterday. There was a problem with my account where it said there was more than one Actitrainer associated with it. I emailed customer service and they responded and had it fixed within 15 minutes. Awesome!

I think if I commit to wearing it... and looking at my data nightly... regardless, I will make changes. It's so eye opening!

I'm also thinking of using the data as part of my revision insurance appeal... showing that I stuck to an exercise program.

skyeblu - If you want to participate in the Virtual Trainer, then yes - there is a monthly fee: ActiTrainer Online Data Analysis - ActiGraph, LLC.

But if you just want your calories, steps taken, miles walked, etc, it shows all of that ON the ActiTrainer, so you don't HAVE to get on your computer to view all of that. The Virtual Trainer, you can input all your food and whatnot. There's a bit more information on the other threads, too, in addition.

I wore the Actitrainer on my ankle today... and really liked it there. Felt very secure... totally unnoticable under my jeans. Steps and such were similar to the day before... and I'm pretty sure I did about the same amount of activity.

OK, I'm pissed. I just lost my data for today and yesterday because I said "OK" to Upgrade the firmware before I uploaded the data. I didn't think it would delete it all. Of course, this happened AFTER I worked out today. Now it's so depressing seeing barely zero steps for the day that I may work out again. Perhaps that's a good thing???

I am looking into this any sugestions or rave reviews

I kinda want feed back is anyone still using theirs?

I just got my Actitrainer yesterday. I'm just getting used to it. Does anyone have any special tips for it? I'm finding the meal tracker portion of it a little disapointing and I find that I am entering most of my food in the custom section and using the nutrition info on the package. What do you do when there is no info, or you have made a recipe yourself? Do you have to list each ingredient used?

Hi I am just looking for an update from some of you that got your actitrainers awhile ago. Here are the reviews I found on Amazon. com I am wondering if anybody on here has/had the problems that people are writing about on amazon

"purchased an ActiTrainer device to get better control on my calories out. It sounds like it should do a very credible job.... Has an accelerometer and a heart rate monitor. The web site offers it as 'the only trainer you will ever need' I believe the product has great potential. Unfortunately the current version has significant flaws including:

The heart rate monitor collects heart rate but doesn't appear to use it in the calorie calculations.

The accelerometer doesn't seem to capture the motion of weight lifting or cycling... About the same as sitting. (their web site admits this flaw if you read between the lines... says they still capture heart rate.. doesnt say they dont use heart rate data in calorie computations.

So, if you are walking or running you can probably get a credible estimate of calories. But don't count on it for anything else.

I also wore it snowshoeing in addition to my Polar s625x heart rate monitor hoping to get a second opinion on calorie burn and mileage. (The Polar does mileage and speed when used with its footpod but I couldn't wear its foot pod while snowshoeing. The Actitrainer turned itself off (even though it was charged) so i missed the mileage altogether.

I am not exactly sure why I wouldn't just use a $20 pedometer rather than ActiTrainer.

PS Final insult... 15% restocking fee to return this thing to the manufacturer "

"I was really excited to use this device to keep track of my progress with regards to my workouts. However, being used to my trusty ol' HR monitor, I found this device to be clunky and easily noticed by my coworkers! I hated having to explain what this thing was on my hip. Anyway, I think the premise is a great idea but for the money I'm sticking with my heart rate monitor."

"When you install software, before you get to use the product, they want you to buy a subscription to their site. It will not go any further until you subscribe. It is done on paypal which is not right either. I could not get past that screen until I did subscribe to some kind of program, even if the progam says 1st 15 days are free. Then after 1st trail period is over, you have to pay per month or you can not access the site or track information anymore. Monthly fee starts at 9.95 and they go up from there. The install of the software did not work correctly, could not get the screens to appear correct on screen. Very hard to work. No 800 number to call for help. I would not recommend to anyone. I Sent item back within first 48 hours and was charged a 15% restock fee plus shipping. Email company and got a rude email back, like they just did not care. I did not seeanything about restock fee anywhere on site just 15 day return policy. HARD TO WORK, HARD TO INSTALL, EXPENSIVE TO USE."

"The Actitrainer is awesome! I bought the Actitrainer about two weeks ago after my wife saw their ad on a womens fitness website. I was a little skeptical since I had never heard of this company before but it was pretty inexpensive compared to other similar products so I decided to give it a try. I have been trying to lose the 30 pounds I gained during my wife's pregnancy two years ago so I started jogging a few months back and thought this would be a great way to keep track of my workouts. I wear it during my morning runs and the software program tells me how far I go, how many calories I burn, my heart rate and a lot more. Then my wife found out that the free software trial allowed multiple users, so she started wearing it around the house during the day to see how many calories she burned and entering the food she eats into the mealtracker. We started fighting over who gets to wear it but she just ordered the pink one today so problem solved! Highly recommended!"

I am really interested in this comment "The accelerometer doesn't seem to capture the motion of weight lifting or cycling... About the same as sitting. (their web site admits this flaw if you read between the lines... says they still capture heart rate.. doesnt say they dont use heart rate data in calorie computations. " since I am interested in cycling. Have any of you found this to be true?? Also this is going to sound stupid but is it Water proof? Can you wear it in the rain or swimming?

That is true!!! I have the actitrainer and also am an avid cycler. I went on a 14 mile ride the other day and it said that I had only gone 776 steps. It's great for a pedometer, but I had it on workout mode and it said I only burned 13 additional calories. I think that a nice quality pedometer would do the trick just fine.

I do like the fact that it tells me how many calories I burned in a day and what my basal metabolic rate is, however I don't know how entirely accurate it is. Its a great motivator though.

Hope this helps,

Ari