Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting nervous [emoji37]

Ok getting nervous now. Last visit to nut is tomorrow. Got a call from the dr. office he started submitting my paper work and now have a case manager assigned. Right now my surgery is scheduled for July 25. My nerves are already going crazy, thinking and reading about all the complications, I know everyone is different but tell that to my mind/head. But then I see all the amazing results and I want to be on the losers bench. What can I do to relax these next 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there. I go in for surgery tomorrow. I’m ridden with anxiety and worry but trying to meditate a little and think positively. All will be well. I trust my surgeon and his team. Think ahead to when you’ve lost your weight and you’re feeling so much better. That’s what I’m focusing on. Best of luck.

Hi there. I go in for surgery tomorrow. I’m ridden with anxiety and worry but trying to meditate a little and think positively. All will be well. I trust my surgeon and his team. Think ahead to when you’ve lost your weight and you’re feeling so much better. That’s what I’m focusing on. Best of luck.
Good luck tommorow, you got this. Looking ahead with a the new goal and the new us. Good luck!! Keep us updated. Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I’ll be updating from my hospital bed!

I'm insanely nervous, but not about having surgery (I am sure that will come) I am nervous it won't happen at all. In 2016 I started a weight loss trial for surgery and the day before my last appt (7 month trial) I lost my job and therefore my insurance, boom everything gone. Things got really bad after that I was so depressed.I found another job but it was a temp agency so I had to wait to be hired on full time before I was eligible. Then finally it happened, and I started over right then and there Jan 5th was my first appt. June 1st was my last. I retook all my classes, had my endoscopy, June 22nd. Got my insurance approval June 26th and surgery date on June 27th (8/8)... but now the "what ifs" are driving me mad. What if something happens? What if I lose my job? What if it get cancelled? My "friend" calls if negativity, I call it terror. That something I have worked so hard for can be taken away again.

36 minutes ago, Kaseyn2boys said:

I'm insanely nervous, but not about having surgery (I am sure that will come) I am nervous it won't happen at all. In 2016 I started a weight loss trial for surgery and the day before my last appt (7 month trial) I lost my job and therefore my insurance, boom everything gone. Things got really bad after that I was so depressed.I found another job but it was a temp agency so I had to wait to be hired on full time before I was eligible. Then finally it happened, and I started over right then and there Jan 5th was my first appt. June 1st was my last. I retook all my classes, had my endoscopy, June 22nd. Got my insurance approval June 26th and surgery date on June 27th (8/8)... but now the "what ifs" are driving me mad. What if something happens? What if I lose my job? What if it get cancelled? My "friend" calls if negativity, I call it terror. That something I have worked so hard for can be taken away again.

Sometimes the fear of losing something makes us fight all the harder to get it again. Or we give up. But I think you are spending energy on things you cannot control, and that is pointless. Take a deep breath. Think logically. How likely is it that you will lose your job before Aug. 8? If you have clearance for tests and insurance, you have no logical reason to expect a cancellation. Are you in "crazy-making mode?" Take your pillow and do scream therapy - scream all your fears into that pillow until you laugh or cry, or both at once. Get those toxins out of you, girl. I just ran into this quote and instantly thought of you.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 10.34.57 PM.png

Well I didn't think I was going to lose my job the first time either, but I do agree with everything else. I don't however feel like I am being toxic or negative. I guess my view on negativity is just something different. You're right though it is not in my control and I have to let it go!

2 minutes ago, Kaseyn2boys said:

Well I didn't think I was going to lose my job the first time either, but I do agree with everything else. I don't however feel like I am being toxic or negative. I guess my view on negativity is just something different. You're right though it is not in my control and I have to let it go!

I didn't mean you are being negative or toxic, it's just that fears, anxiety, and stress become like toxins in our body that are not healthy to carry around, and I was just offering the method I use to get them out of my system (I always end up laughing at myself) , in the same way that tears flush out emotional "toxins." I'm sorry if I offended you. :-)

Good luck today!!!! Speedy recovery [emoji1] .

On 7/9/2018 at 5:26 PM, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Thanks for the encouraging words. I’ll be updating from my hospital bed!

How are you feeling?

On 7/9/2018 at 10:35 PM, nibble said:

I didn't mean you are being negative or toxic, it's just that fears, anxiety, and stress become like toxins in our body that are not healthy to carry around, and I was just offering the method I use to get them out of my system (I always end up laughing at myself) , in the same way that tears flush out emotional "toxins." I'm sorry if I offended you. :-)

No problem, I am touchy about it. In my circle of friends any time I have a feeling I am "being negative". If I am frustrated at work I am "being negative" if I am having a sad day I am "being negative" basically any time I am not sunshine and rainbows it s "being negative". It upsets me because its okay for everyone help to have stress, and sadness and anger, but yet when I feel it it's wrong. I am feeling a little better about the "what ifs", but I still wish the days would go by faster 26 days seems so far, but since I started this journey January 5th in perspective it's super close.

Hi all. Today is day 3 post op. Feeling a little better every day. Taking my pills isn’t easy. Tolerating Jell-O and Water. Slowly. Pain is bearable. Walking and resting as much as possible.

2 hours ago, Kaseyn2boys said:

No problem, I am touchy about it. In my circle of friends any time I have a feeling I am "being negative". If I am frustrated at work I am "being negative" if I am having a sad day I am "being negative" basically any time I am not sunshine and rainbows it s "being negative". It upsets me because its okay for

Geesh, that's crazy. Feelings are not right or wrong, they just ARE. They come and they go. Continue to have your feelings, Kasey. Life is chock full of them. I'm still on track for 7/17 surgery, and find this last ten days - and 10 day pre-op diet, to be zooming by. Cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, kitchen organizing, getting the meds and Vitamins ordered, creating place up off the floor for the cat dishes (I doubt I'll be able to lean over to the floor for a while) - leaving notes for my cat sitter friend - I'm busy busy. Also trying to hunt down my "Grab-it" tool. Without that, anything that might fall on the floor will have to stay there! I have one 22# kitty who insists on sleeping on my torso. After surgery that's not going to work! I'm making something lightweight like a bed tray to fit over me to protect the surgical area. He can lie on that and still be close. The things I do for these furballs! Does music help still your "what ifs" or reading? Hang in there, Kasey!

2 hours ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Hi all. Today is day 3 post op. Feeling a little better every day. Taking my pills isn’t easy. Tolerating Jell-O and Water. Slowly. Pain is bearable. Walking and resting as much as possible.

So glad to hear it, Lets! Baby steps. So, what is your technique for taking your pills?