Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can agree with other posters the iv is annoying but the mask they put on your face smells sweet like roses and the doctor says we’re going to help you relax now you will feel something warm in your iv and then wake up and ask to pee

On 07/11/2018 at 14:36, wittymommy said:

Good luck! I had my sleeve surgery June 28 and went back to work this week - so far so good.
Thanks friend!!!

On 07/11/2018 at 14:40, AliciaL said:

Had mine 7/2. Been rough for me but better each day. Glad your doing well keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

You keep up that good work, too!! :)

On 07/11/2018 at 15:32, newmebithebypass said:

I can agree with other posters the iv is annoying but the mask they put on your face smells sweet like roses and the doctor says we’re going to help you relax now you will feel something warm in your iv and then wake up and ask to pee
Hahaha, can’t wait for that pee, ha!

Hey JSwizzle and others! I was sleeved on 7/9 and was also super nervous, especially the night before. The pain was pretty intense directly after surgery, but kept getting better and better. I haven’t even taken narcotics since recovery! No nausea or vomiting either, thank God! I’ve been diligent about tracking my Fluid intake (which also gets easier as days pass) and getting up and walking. It takes forever but I did a mile or so the past 2 days.
It defo helps to have someone at home with you while your recover. Bending over and stuff just won’t happen for while! I also bought a wedge to prop myself up in bed and while sitting on the couch. To help prevent reflux, but also so you don’t have to use your abs so much when getting up/down!
Sorry for the super long post, I just find it helpful to share and know other peeps are out there! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! You got this!

On 07/13/2018 at 08:12, CourtsinPDX said:

Hey JSwizzle and others! I was sleeved on 7/9 and was also super nervous, especially the night before. The pain was pretty intense directly after surgery, but kept getting better and better. I haven’t even taken narcotics since recovery! No nausea or vomiting either, thank God! I’ve been diligent about tracking my Fluid intake (which also gets easier as days pass) and getting up and walking. It takes forever but I did a mile or so the past 2 days.

It defo helps to have someone at home with you while your recover. Bending over and stuff just won’t happen for while! I also bought a wedge to prop myself up in bed and while sitting on the couch. To help prevent reflux, but also so you don’t have to use your abs so much when getting up/down!

Sorry for the super long post, I just find it helpful to share and know other peeps are out there! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! You got this!
All of that is super helpful! Thank so much :)

So I had the surgery two days ago, and I don't remember a darn thing about it actually happening, but the after effects are crap.

Gas bubbles that make you feel like you're having a heart attack, and all you can do is just wait for them to go away.

I haven't been too nauseous which is good, but they also put a patch behind my ear for that, so I hope I'm not just being fooled right now :)

Not sure why, but I had to get seven incisions, which is more than usual. They hurt. One of them burns.

On a side note, does anyone know of an unflavored Protein Powder that doesn't turn your drinks into tasting bad and kinda like baby formula? Let me know.

The worst part of this healing process is that there is no good way to lie down. It's very annoying :)

Edited by JSwizzle