Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HOLY COW! Is this Dumping?

@Little Kansas Kitty This is completely unrelated to this post, but I love your videos! Super informative and nice to see what I have to look forward to :)

2 hours ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

PrettyKitty, When taking any pain med, which includes Tylenol, always start your next dose about a half to one-hour before your previous dose wears off. For example, if you take one Tylenol every four hours, try taking the next dose at 3 1/2 hours.

Are you taking tablets or capsules? If tablets, you can cut the pill in half and take half at the 3 1/2 hour mark, and the other half at the prescribed time.

The purpose of this overlapping schedule is to prevent you from having to wait for the medication to kick in. Don't wait for your body to deplete the effects of your medication!

Hi @Missouri-Lee's Summit! Thanks for the pain med tip. I'll start doing that with the timing as I'm taking Tylenol consistently right now. Before the episode, I was totally off all pain meds. My doctor's office did say to look for blood in urine and watch out for a fever as that would be a sign of infection. So far so good on that front. My kitties, Romeo & Juliet stayed clear of me during the freak show. LOL

6 minutes ago, anonbaribabe said:

@Little Kansas Kitty This is completely unrelated to this post, but I love your videos! Super informative and nice to see what I have to look forward to :)

Awwwwww, so sweet. I'm glad you're enjoying. I found watching videos so helpful to me pre-op. I think it's a super supportive place and hope it will be a way to stay accountable going forward and a documented journey to look back on to Celebrate the progress. Thanks for watching my channel @anonbaribabe <3

14 minutes ago, Little Kansas Kitty said:

Awwwwww, so sweet. I'm glad you're enjoying. I found watching videos so helpful to me pre-op. I think it's a super supportive place and hope it will be a way to stay accountable going forward and a documented journey to look back on to Celebrate the progress. Thanks for watching my channel @anonbaribabe <3

I agree! Wishing you continued success!

1 minute ago, anonbaribabe said:

I agree! Wishing you continued success!

Thank you so much. Same to you! Do you have a date yet?

1 hour ago, Little Kansas Kitty said:

Hi Macadamia! So, my doctor's office is pretty sure it was a kidney stone. Oh vey. They did tell me that dumping is not "painful". It's uncomfortable and causes nausea but it doesn't hurt. So, I'm with you and still clueless on what dumping will feel like. Congrats on being pre-op! This is such a great site for support.

Ok, got it! I understand now - thanks!

Yeah but if. you remember your original symptoms, your body was trying to tell you something, it was Attention Kansas Kitty, I am trying,to tell you something. Alas many of us are not fluent in body and even our doctors have it as a 2nd language, they were not born speaking it but had to learn over years. I hope that stone has gone the way of all bad gravel and will fade to only a faint memory.💦

I started having kidney stones about 4 years ago and I've had a couple that were like that. If you still have flank pain that could mean it's still passing but isn't blocking anything. I'm really hoping I don't get any. I need to call my urologist and get checked out since I've met my out of pocket for the year lol. Hope you're better soon!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, Trixie82 said:

I started having kidney stones about 4 years ago and I've had a couple that were like that. If you still have flank pain that could mean it's still passing but isn't blocking anything. I'm really hoping I don't get any. I need to call my urologist and get checked out since I've met my out of pocket for the year lol. Hope you're better soon!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

OMG - I am sooooooo sorry, @Trixie82 that you suffer from these too. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I still have a continuous pain/throb in my left flank but then again I also have really sore left side muscles from surgery so the whole area is tricky with bending down or twisting. I pray that I have passed it and I've only torn/pulled the muscle. It's nice you've met your deductible. I would definitely get things checked out if you can. It will just make you feel better to keep an eye on it. My surgery was self-pay, so I have a long ways to meet my deductible and am not trying to rack up any more medical expenses right now. Hoping all of this will pass.

I'm 3 months post op and I don't experience dumping. From what I understand, less than 30% of RNY patients actually get it. I guess there's good and bad either way. If I have too much sugar, I do feel slightly crappy but nothing like you described. Fortunately, sugar just doesn't have the appeal to me anymore. It's so strange how some people get it and others don't. I hope the symptoms get better for you.

Thank you @Johnny2Thumbs! You're doing awesome! If sugar has no appeal to me anymore 3 months out, I'll be ecstatic. I'm glad to hear that dumping isn't as severe as I thought it was. Time heals all wounds. I'm sure I'll be feeling much better soon.