Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I’m 6days post. My tummy has massive bruising on left side biggest incesion and where the surgeon used a mash plug to ensure no opening.

I have used the binder for four days I stopped using it as much and it feels like my stomach is tightening and I have even doing slow stretches.

My right stomach has a bulge almost swollen looking bludgeon looks like an alien monster wants to push out of my stomach.

Has anyone had this type of stuff happen and opinions good or bad on binders

I hated the binder and ditched it as soon as I got to my hospital room. Nurses said it was for my comfort, so I could get rid of it if I wanted to. Felt better without it.

Massive bruising wouldn't concern me....because the shots that prevent clots can leave some incredible purple blooms.

But swelling and bulges...I'd probably tell my surgeon's office about.

Congrats on being on the other side. Best wishes!

I have kinda adopted this use it to provide support if I’m getting in a car or walking. Then take it off the rest of the time

I want a binder, OSU please have a binder ready for me. what size? The standard,hippo or rhino,will do nicely. Your future inductee into bypass-dom. Frustr8,the Fine and Dandy😪

Osu is that oklahoma state university hospital?

they measure me during pre op for mine but when I was in recovery it was so tight I couldn’t breathe so they had to go bigger so I could breath and take the pressure off.

So just beware of that hiccup and if it happens you know what to tell them

On 06/26/2018 at 22:48, Frustr8 said:

I want a binder, OSU please have a binder ready for me. what size? The standard,hippo or rhino,will do nicely. Your future inductee into bypass-dom. Frustr8,the Fine and Dandy😪
Bariatric abdomen binder from Amazon $34.99 on amazon which is the lowest for this item on any site I found. I ordered it but I have not had surgery yet. It comes in sizes based on the inches around your stomach.

image-0.00596046447753906.jpg

Before you buy check with your hospital and surgeons office see if they provide it in recovery like my hospital did. That away you don’t buy one when they supply it automatically.

This is not my first draft,maybe 4th, keeps dropping my message. No not there, I am an Ohio State Buckeye not an Oklahoma State Cowboy. No harm No foul, I do have cousins in Sepulpa, outside of Tulsa.
Instead of being a football star, I will receive my own mini-football pouch and go Rny- ing through life. My ESD,mid July I think. When would I like it? How about NOW? They say Patience is a Virtue. I am 72 years old, any virtue and innocence I had dissipated YEARS AGO. I want my blinkety blankety surgery, yes I do!

4 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

This is not my first draft,maybe 4th, keeps dropping my message. No not there, I am an Ohio State Buckeye not an Oklahoma State Cowboy. No harm No foul, I do have cousins in Sepulpa, outside of Tulsa.
Instead of being a football star, I will receive my own mini-football pouch and go Rny- ing through life. My ESD,mid July I think. When would I like it? How about NOW? They say Patience is a Virtue. I am 72 years old, any virtue and innocence I had dissipated YEARS AGO. I want my blinkety blankety surgery, yes I do!

I know it has been a long long time coming for you. I’m super happy you have your date. It’s right here almost at your door 🚪so you can walk right through it and be on the other side. Where all of us will be cheering you on through.

Ain't nutthin' gonna break-a my stride,nobody gonna slow me down. I gotta keep on moving. can't dust me anymore, I'll be moving too fast! 👍😝👍