Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i'm tired and depressed

Check out the board it seems most of us are all going through this in one shape or another. I went through mine last week. It does get better. Hang in there with us and lean on us any time!

I was also for awhile until I was able to get enough intake. Give it some time- there is alot happening in our lives right now. How many calories are you getting in?

I am feeling the blues too. I was obsessed with the scale after surgery and the no change in weight at first was driving me nuts knowing all i ate was clear liquid. I think once we get to our proper restriction and get used to eating properly we will feel normal again.

ok, well now i know i'm not alone. i told my mom about it yesterday and she said i'm depressed because i'm dwelling on it and food is all i can think about. my response to her was "well, you used to be an alcoholic, how long did it take you to stop dwelling". she said it took about 2 months for her to stop "dwelling". She said that she had to do something to distract her. i have noticed that i have the most problems when i watch tv. i had never realized before, but apparently i was snacking a lot while watching tv, because i think about something to snack on every time i sit down. lately i've been making myself do something throughout the show that i am watching. my house is much cleaner, but i'm not feeling better quite yet.

this is hard. the tired part makes it worse. i didn't make it to the gym yesterday because dh had to go into work early. i'm going this afternoon instead. my goal is to do either the gym or treadmill for 30 minutes each day until i can build up. hopefully that will help me get over this slump.

I just went through a few days of being so tired I couldn't keep my head up. The depression thing hasnt happend yet, but I've been a grouch lately. Hope that gets better.

I am feeling it right now myself. I think a lot of the depression is situational (meaning... stress from kids, lack of money, lack of money - did I mention the lack of money, holidays coming up... NO FREAKING SUGAR ... I miss Ice Cream..., wanting to eat a darn piece of bread without hurting myself... can't tolerate any bread at all... hubby not happy with job, trying to find a job and get off of the non-paying disability (yeah - that is going to happen... NOT) etc. etc.).

My house is a mess, my family is over 900 miles away, I just need a hug, not being in school, bills, bills and more bills, etc. etc.

So I feel your pain - I am right there with you. I know this too shall pass but right now it feels pretty hopeless... I hate it.

Hubby is mad that I just want to sleep a bit right now and he wants the house spotless and painted...

Pray for me - please.

On the upside - my plateau weight started droppin again - yeah me.

Down 28lbs....

Amy

I get into a bit of a funk every year when we have to turn the clocks back. Probably from not seeing any light on the way home from work. I"m on the east coast and it gets dark at about 4 to 4:30, and I don't get out of work until 5:30.

I found that exercising with great music helped me with depression. Though it has to be upbeat music. May I recommend Coco by Colby Coleigh (spelling???). She has a cd that has some upbeat lyrics and great music.

When I hit rock bottom with depression I have to think about my very special Niece. Her name is Danielle. She has CP with very little control of her arms, hands, or legs. She uses an electric wheelchair that she operates by using head controls. She never gets depressed, and hardly ever even acknowledges her disabilities. So, sometimes you just need to think about others and realize how good your life really is!

I hope you get out of this funk and get on with a great life. You'll see how much losing some weight will help.

I had some issues with being exhausted every afternoon for about three months. Once I figured out I didn't have to give up coffee, and started having a cup after my noon-time walk it helped!

Good luck.

Sue

Hi...

For those of us who struggle with feeling overwhelmed and depressed bc our houses are out of order, messy, dirty....there is a website that offers great help and support.

FlyLady.net: Your personal online coach to help you gain control of your house and home

It changed my life several years ago. It's COMPLETELY free. Check it out! This site offers a system that is workable and doable to help you feel more in control. And boy is it supporive and encouraging.

ABCKids,

Boy do I know how you feel. I think I've spent most of the morning crying. I have to cancel my fill for tomorrow, because the money I had set aside for it got used to pay the mortgage. I have no heat because the furnace broke down, and no money to fix it. I got a job last night to get some extra cash, but by the time I pay for gas and sitters I'm probably working for nothing. The house is trashed. My DH walks in the door at night, eats dinner, and goes and locks himself in the study. So, I haven't really spent any time with him in about 2 months. I hate being broke. It really sucks. As bad as it sounds, I'm really glad that I'm not the only one depressed right now.

I saw the title and wanted to chime in with everyone, but I really have a good life and I should 'shuddup'. Thanks Sue for putting all in perspective. And Mandy and others my heart goes out to you. I will pray for you, that is one thing I do well, so you will be on my list of special intentions.<br /> <br /> I kind of had a lightening bolt moment a couple of days ago when my husband brought this mucky watery Soup to me with soy Protein in it. I was between boiling anger and crying. Then that lightening bold struck me ... and I just remembered all the starvingchildren around the world who would love my mucky soup. Full of good nutrition. Wow. I was so angry at myself. I did cry. <br /> <br /> But still there are moments that I'm struck at how sad this process makes me and I know it is just because my dependable food buddy is not here to lift me up. That in itself makes me nuts. That I have depended so much on food for things other than nutrition. <br /> <br /> I think when we get this it is like digging into a very messy, stinky basement full of junk. And somewhere way back in that basement is this shinny, beautiful rare gem we are all seeking. We just have to take it day by day, and keep remembering that gem is there.<br /> <br /> BTW, here are some of the things I do do feel better, I open all the curtains, shades and let natural light in. If it is not enough I turn on some lights. Also I turn on music, it is known for helping lift the mood. And also if you can get outside that is also a mood booster. I went for a walk early yesterday in the rain. I looked crazy but I just didn't want to sit around and feel sorry for myself. After reading these posts, that is just what I was doing. I promise to remember you all in my prayers today.

I'm glad for the board (and the honesty you all give - and it is a gift) but I sure wish we could all get together in the same room to share, hug, encourage. I do go to a monthly support group locally and I feel better for those 2 hours. It's not enough. THIS TOO SHALL PASS! I too relied on food for comfort, stimulation when I was bored, social entertainment and sharing during outings/family time, etc. Eating was a great distraction from feelings. The counselor at my local support group said "Welcome home your feelings. They have missed you because you have kept them away for so long."

Im all depressed too. I am totally hating myself everyday. I lost 18 lbs in the first week post op, then gained them all back ( i refuse to update ticker because im so f*ing pissed) and im only 4 weeks post op. Anyways im hungry as hell and im eating too. Ive gotten myself in this funk that when i eat breakfeast i dont want to stop! i consume pretty much all of my daily calories during the first hour or two that im awake because im just that hungry. I think my body is just overstarving from the first couple weeks of liquids and mushies. Anyways i dont know how im going to get out of this funk because everyday i wake up and do it i get more depressed and then my emotional eating likes to chime in. Anyways, i just lost my job too, i have no idea how im going to pay my bills..... :confused::(:)

Judy,

I just wanted to say thanks for praying for me. I feel much better now. I did cancel my appointment for my fill tomorrow. But.....about three hours after I did, my DH called me all excited. The owner of the company that he works for decided that everyone needed their Christmas bonus early, as in today! I called and have my fill rescheduled for tomorrow!!! And we now have the money to catch up on our bills and get some heat. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I love the support that we can all get here.