Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking at before/after photos for support...

I am scheduled for tomorrow and couldn't get on the lapbandtalk forum and was quite beside myself!! I wanted to read about how everyone was doing well after their surgery and maybe get more tips. Since I couldn't do that, I've been looking at a lot of before/after pictures on various websites for the band. It has helped my jitters. I know I am doing the right thing but sometimes the unknown gets scarey!!

New AP band getting installed 11:30 PST tomorrow. :nervous

Good luck all Novembers!!

kandiceb! I know what you mean! I was beginning to feel a little panicky because the forum wasn't working this morning! My surgery's not until this Friday but I still wanted to get in here and chat a little to help my anxiousness and excitement.

Are you doing an outpatient procedure or will they be keeping you overnight? So many people are doing the "in at 7am; out at 2pm" kind of thing. It's really amazing! I'm supposed to be an outpatient deal and that's entirely my plan. Nothing's going to go wrong and everything's going to be great. Same for you!!! You must be so excited!

Some of the post-op folks have offered some really GREAT advice and suggestions. A couple of them that are on my list are

A. Bring a pillow for the ride home from the hospital

B. Have your heating pad waiting for you by your bed/chair

C. Get some Gas-X or Rolaid <strips?> because apparently gas can be a problem

As soon as you feel up to it, let us all know how you're doing. I'll be thinking of you and sending you all kinds of good thoughts tomorrow at 11:30am. I'm PDT too - in Washington State.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!

Thanks Andie. Yes, my surgery is in South Everett at the NW Weight Loss Surgery Center and I'll be in at 10:30 and out probably by 2:30 I would hope. I just got back from lunch and for my fortune cookie it said :"You will never know hunger." I just about fell out of my chair. It's too late. I'm starving from my pre-op diet!!! 14 down and 86 to go!!!

Good luck with yours this Friday. Remember...this too shall pass!!

Thanks Andie. Yes, my surgery is in South Everett at the NW Weight Loss Surgery Center and I'll be in at 10:30 and out probably by 2:30 I would hope. I just got back from lunch and for my fortune cookie it said :"You will never know hunger." I just about fell out of my chair. It's too late. I'm starving from my pre-op diet!!! 14 down and 86 to go!!!

Good luck with yours this Friday. Remember...this too shall pass!!

LOL!! That is so hilarious! Those little Cookies are such liars!! Never know hunger... riiiight! Oviously, the author of that fortune has never had to live on a low-carb, liquid diet! Good grief!!

Well, I can't wait to hear how you're doing. I'll be sending you all kinds of happy, healthy, "heal fast" thoughts! Be sure and log in to let me know how everything went. GOOD LUCK!!!!

I just about went through withdrawal, too. I'm so excited for you! I'll be sending many positive thoughts for you tomorrow. You'll do great!

Hi Andie:)

I too was overwhelmed the past couple of days when I have tried to get on the site and it was down. I have begun to really depend on the things I get from this site. All the very nice and understanding and supportive people, help in between my support groups here at home.

I am anxious and getting nervous, but this Clear liquid diet is killing me....LOL I am so sick of Jello and broth I will never want to see either again...:confused:

How are you doing and what are you doing to pass the time? I am working clear up til the day of surgery so I have plenty to keep me busy.

Hey Kristin1031!

We're only 2 days away!! Can you believe it????? I'm so ready for this.

As far as working, I'm going until Thursday and then I'm off - likely for the entire following week. We'll see how I feel. My coworkers have been very funny about me "abandoning" them. I keep saying, "You guys had better send me flowers! I will make your lives so miserable when I get back if you don't!" LOL!

Yeah, the whole liquid diet... geez! This is rough! Scratch that. It just plain sucks!! I have weak moments here and there and will either crunch a couple of Triscuits after my Protein shake just hasn't filled the bill. Considering what I **used** to eat, I think I'm doing pretty darn great! I haven't been as strict on my "clear" liquid thing as I should have been, but I'm being really good about doing liquids for everything but ONE meal. I get to actually have some real food once a day on my pre-op plan. Not nearly as rough as some have it though. Are you just straight clear fluids for the 2 week pre-op or a combo of fluids and solids?

I think I'm more fortunate than some of our fellow forum posters in that I'm actually in pretty good shape, physically. Considering I'm as overweight as I am, I don't have any co-morbidities other than sore knees from being heavy. My "internal stuff" is all really healthy and I'm so grateful for that. No high blood pressure, no diabetes, no scary stuff of any kind.

Working, keeping busy with my 4 1/2 year old son, watching movies, reading books, cleaning house... these are my distractions when I feel the urge to raid the fridge. I'm actually looking forward to having some down time to sleep, though. We've had a lot of "life stuff" happen in our family so it'll be nice to put my feet up and be waited on by my husband. I'm sure he's just THRILLED at the prospect. LOL!

What time's your surgery? What time zone? I'll send all kinds of good thoughts your way while they're wheeling ME in for my GRAND EVENT! Woohoo!!! Healthy bodies, here we come!!!!

Yeah the liquid phase is no fun at all!! I am on Clear Liquids for 5 days before and 3 days after then move to Full liquids for another 2weeks then soft or mushies as some call it for 2 more weeks then on to regular diet!!

I do not have a time yet 4 my surgery I won't get that til Thursday. I am in the central time zone I am in Illinois. I will also be thinking about you and wishing you all the best and will be gald to get back here and let everyone know how it went and that we are ok!!

Only a few more hours til they tie the knot...LOL

I'm back home and the surgery went well. My panic attacks were not bad. I do have some gas pain and had tums and anise tea. Also mint tea is good for gas. I had a terrible night sleep, there was too much noise. The lady next to me had the gastric bypass.

I had my Jello and popsicle etc. Also some broth.< /p>

Good luck to the next ones.