Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HAs WLS,HELPED YOUR ARTHRITIS TO ANY DEGREE?

I am looking forward to Weight Loss Surgery in the near future. I know the lower of weight does have,a pistive effect on the degree of pain but Havre you had increased , decreased or have flare-ups remained at the same,level or are you now free of any.? Also have you noticed a decrease in jointbswelling?

I have rather severe arthritis in my feet and SI joints. Since my WLS in September 2017 I have notice two things regarding my arthritis. First, the daily pain level in my feet has lessened considerably after losing 100 lbs (still working on the last 50) and second--if I let myself get the slightest bit dehydrated the pain in my SI joints increases dramatically. One more motivation to keep hydrated.

One caution: when I started feeling better because I had less pain and more energy, I overdid things a few times and ended up paying for it with pulled muscles. Give yourself time and advance slowly. I still do my aerobics in the swimming pool because it's so much easier on my joints.

Arthritis in hip and back 80% improved with weight loss. Not completely pain free, but so significantly improved that I medicate maybe once every 1-2 weeks....and only with Tylenol. (I had used 600mg ibuprofen twice a day)

I have inflammatory arthritis (psoriatic), weight loss has made a huge difference. As my dr said weight loss helps everything, but especially inflammation

Don't you wish you had the paycheck of Phil Mickelson, professional golfer and co sufferer? Hey I have psoriasis and I have arthritis birth but my body and my PCP never conceded they can go together. Bless you, you give,me aching pre surgical body hope! Think,you for your posting.

bort not from birth, it just seems that way at times!

B*I*R*T*H !

Improvement over hip aches and back aches definitely. Haven’t been dx’ed With arthritis but that is probably what it was. Being lighter is so amazing for the body. I care for my mother with Alzheimer’s and she is obese at 85. The heaviness makes life so much harder than the age.