Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gonzalez Support Thread

Judy, I forgot to say that we have almost the same amount to lose and if I lost another 20 pound like you, I think I would feel downright skinny.. remember that we are always hardest on ourselves and to the outside world, I bet you are a hot tamale!

Good luck with the health issues. That's always scary - I think even more so now that we have something "foreign" in our bodies all the time. It's hard to forget about that.

Sending good thoughts!!

newblew

Looks like we can have our own mini versions of "Slow Users - Unite" on this board!

NMSunshine - how far is your second home from the first? Will you be commuting for weekends or is it more of a "pack up once and stay there for a few months" deal? It sounds beautiful. My goal in the next 10 years is to buy a second home in a warm climate so that hubby and I can float back and forth when we retire. Retirement is a long way off but I can dream....

Judy - hang in there!! You really are doing great!

newblew

Jerry found a house but they refused to come down on price, so we are still looking. It is in Livingston, Montana and is for the summer and times that Jerry wants to fish, canoe or snow ski. We live in Silver City, New Mexico which has a perfect climate year round and is about 1200 miles from Livingston.

Funny thing, I had just stopped by the slow losers thread for the first time.

I too know that it is my own fault. I'm wondering about using self-hypnosis tapes to hopefully create some motivation.

23_33_9.gif BlueEyedKitty

Lap-bandit

Judy2291

Christine yng

omlagirl

short c

jimmyjoe

jessiel55

Where are all my friends posting at????? 23_11_54.gif

I'm guilty of ignoring my diet and of posting on LapBandTalk. My BF wants to buy a house in Livingston Montana and I have been sooooooooooooooo busy looking for one. We'll use it for a summer house and head back to New Mexico for winter. We're heading out Monday morning for Montana. We'll just sit there in the RV until we find just the right house for both of us. I like Victorian and he likes practical.

I won't be using the net unless I find a wifi connection.

Someone let me know where everyone is.... Miss you all.

23_33_9.gif BlueEyedKitty

Lap-bandit

Judy2291

Christine yng

omlagirl

short c

jimmyjoe

jessiel55

Where are all my friends posting at????? 23_11_54.gif

I'm guilty of ignoring my diet and of posting on LapBandTalk. My BF wants to buy a house in Livingston Montana and I have been sooooooooooooooo busy looking for one. We'll use it for a summer house and head back to New Mexico for winter. We're heading out Monday morning for Montana. We'll just sit there in the RV until we find just the right house for both of us. I like Victorian and he likes practical.

I won't be using the net unless I find a wifi connection.

Someone let me know where everyone is.... Miss you all.

Heh... many of those people are one in the same. One person with multiple IDs. ;o)

sorry, i have been busy working. hope you are feeling well. I read about a new house for you and it sounds great. i will try and post more ofter.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. How's your weight loss doing. Mine has stayed the same..no loss. There's a cheap ticket special for a few weeks and I was thinking about going in for a fill. I seem to be able to eat a lot more than I use to even though I still PB a lot. Think the PBing is with certain foods.

Have you gotten another fill since last I saw you?

Actually the new house is a 2nd house. I love New Mexico and my BF loves Montana. So we will be splitting the year up. I'm a bit afraid the expenses of owning a 2nd may be tough for us. And yes Jerry bought a house in Livingston MT. It closes on May 27. It's a big one...3250 sq Ft. The downstairs (about 1600 sq. ft) is finished with a daylight window. We will rent it out if the costs become too much.

Do you know where everyone is hanging out? I can definately feel the difference when I chat/post and have the support from others than when I stop my involvement with other lap-banded people.:cursing:

Looks like this thread has kinda fizzled out. Dr. Gonzalez did my surgery in April/08 and I though he was great. Just wondered how to connect with others that have had him do their surgery.

Sally

agreatknead;

Yes, I was banded 9/11/07 by Dr. Gonzalez, and I to thought the whole team was just great. I just went and had a fill a couple weeks ago. His new office on the 16th. floor is very nice. I would had a very good experience there. I am almost ready to have PS done, maybe in Jan. / Feb. 09

Looks like this thread has kinda fizzled out. Dr. Gonzalez did my surgery in April/08 and I though he was great. Just wondered how to connect with others that have had him do their surgery.

Sally

I too have been wondering where everyone is.

Dr. Gonzales did my surgery also and he did a super job. The whole team are tops.

Congratulations. I hope your experience with the band is great. I have had mine for 10 months and have lost 55 pounds. It is quite a journey. Make sure you eat your Protein first before other things. It is important. good luck! I presently weigh 155.

Edited by CaliforniaNurse
forgot something

How wonderful, you are almost at your goal. I have lost almost 50 lbs so I over half way there. I have only needed 3 fills and feel like I am still at that sweet spot. I'm not sure why Dr. G. doesn't have more enthusiastic supporters on this site but I was more that happy with my experience. I did find a good Doc in MI for fills since it is a long trip to Mexico from MI! I do look forward to going back next year and just showing off the new me, it feels good.

Sal

Califonia Nurse

Wow you are doing great on your weight loss. The last fill I had was when I met you. I've needed a fill for some time and I wasn't losing anymore. I actually began to put on weight. Got that fill taken care of and am losing again. How are you doing? Bet you're feeling like a million bucks with that new figure.

Agreatknead

Hi, Looks like you are taking off those pounds fast too.

I do feel good. If you are not losing weight there are only a couple things it can be. First, are you putting exercise or walking into your daily routine? Using up the calories we eat is important. Second, I am amazed how little food you need to eat in order to live. Grazing is no good also. Small amount of food a few times a day is fine, as long as you make sure your eat your Protein. I start each day with a Protein Drink with about 20 grams of protein. I use Unjury from the internet. The vanilla and chocolate taste good. You may think it is pricy, but we all paid a good price for the surgeries. It is worth the price. I was a size 16-18 and now I am a size 6/8. It really makes a difference. Good luck to everyone who is struggling with their weight, I will always struggle but the difference is now I have the Lap Band as a tool to use. Cindy