Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gonzalez Support Thread

I have sent pm to some of these new posts and NO ONE has responded to me. Not one. Why? Can't figure it out.

Funny how that works.

I guess they are busy. ;o)

Good job on doing your research. Dr. G has a history of patients posing as multiple IDs. Be very careful, do your research well.

I like this surgeon. But little voice telling me something not right when I can't seem to get info. from some of his patients who just posted. Too bad.

Hello,

i'm fairly new to this thread and i'm getting banded by dr. G in january. They have a special for 6,500. Anyone going to dr. G in january that is traveling alone and want a companion to travel with. I'm in dallas area. Can't wait to get my band. I have heard al0t of good things about dr. G and also talked with dr.v. Looking for lap band buddy to confided in.

Peaches

Hi Peacheez, I had consultation with doctor Gonzalez and both his clinic and himself are what I am looking for. I had a chance to speak with a few of his patients who were there for follow up and they all had good things to say, so we may meet in January!

Thanks for your help, I’m scheduled to have the lap band surgery with doctor Gonzalez for the 30th. I had hoped to meet with peechez in Tijuana but I was not able to have it scheduled close that week. I was able to get the rebate they were offering. I am very anxious but I have been in contact with Gigi, one of his patients and she has been a great source of inspiration for me and gives me peace of mind. Can anyone here tell me a little more about dr g’s liquid diet in the pre-op because I have read some doctors allow fish and chicken in your pre-op, dr. g’s is all liquids plus raw or steamed veggies.

Thank you for any advice. Bee.

Hello all , I'm having my surgery with Dr. Gonzalez tomorrow, I will keep you posted. Wish me luck!

Beebic =-}

Thanks for your help, I’m scheduled to have the lap band surgery with doctor Gonzalez for the 30th. I had hoped to meet with peechez in Tijuana but I was not able to have it scheduled close that week. I was able to get the rebate they were offering. I am very anxious but I have been in contact with Gigi, one of his patients and she has been a great source of inspiration for me and gives me peace of mind. Can anyone here tell me a little more about dr g’s liquid diet in the pre-op because I have read some doctors allow fish and chicken in your pre-op, dr. g’s is all liquids plus raw or steamed veggies.

Thank you for any advice. Bee.

Hi Beebic, how did surgery go. I didn't get to go until Feb 6th. Everything went well. Are you going back for fills if so maybe we could me then. I plan to go back for my first fill March 6th.

Peaches

t

Go to the FAQ section for newbies.... you will get a good description of the Lap-Band procedure and all of the things that go along with it, including fills.

Hi Pecheez!! I had my Lap band surgery on the 30th, too bad we did not meet, maybe we can meet at one of the fills. Ms. Cookie is asking about fills and I know I'll be getting my first one in about two weeks , that is when you have saline or sterile Water injected into the lap band port and the lap band closes causing restriction (so you eat less, obviously).

My surgery went great. I had been nervous at first but after speaking with doctor Gonzalez Just before the surgery he made me he made me feel a little better.There was a lot of confidence in his voice so that helped me a lot.Plus he had just finished a lap band procedure before me so I Knew he was nicely " warmed up" . The clinic is excellent, it seems like they just went trough a major remodel so that it was a very pleasant atmosphere and impeccably clean. The nursing staff could not be nicer, although a couple of the nurses spoke in an English that was a little chopped up, but between my bad Spanish and their broken up English, we managed.The head nurse speaks good English and so do all the doctors. After surgery I had a little discomfort but the Gas X strips helped me quite a bit.I was up and walking three hours after surgery. My night at the clinic was comfortable, they gave me a sleeping pill that knocked me out and I had a chance to rest all through the night. The next morning doctors Gonzalez and Valenzuela came by and gave me my prescriptions and guidelines along with a diet handout , I had gone through this with doctor veronica the nutritionist. I left and was back home in little less than two hours. I would recommend this doctor and his staff to anyone , especially if you are near Tijuana as I am. I have lost 10 pounds since my surgery and I am very happy I did it.

I will keep you posted.

Hi Pecheez!! I had my Lap band surgery on the 30th, too bad we did not meet, maybe we can meet at one of the fills. Ms. Cookie is asking about fills and I know I'll be getting my first one in about two weeks , that is when you have saline or sterile Water injected into the lap band port and the lap band closes causing restriction (so you eat less, obviously).

My surgery went great. I had been nervous at first but after speaking with doctor Gonzalez Just before the surgery he made me he made me feel a little better.There was a lot of confidence in his voice so that helped me a lot.Plus he had just finished a lap band procedure before me so I Knew he was nicely " warmed up" . The clinic is excellent, it seems like they just went trough a major remodel so that it was a very pleasant atmosphere and impeccably clean. The nursing staff could not be nicer, although a couple of the nurses spoke in an English that was a little chopped up, but between my bad Spanish and their broken up English, we managed.The head nurse speaks good English and so do all the doctors. After surgery I had a little discomfort but the Gas X strips helped me quite a bit.I was up and walking three hours after surgery. My night at the clinic was comfortable, they gave me a sleeping pill that knocked me out and I had a chance to rest all through the night. The next morning doctors Gonzalez and Valenzuela came by and gave me my prescriptions and guidelines along with a diet handout , I had gone through this with doctor veronica the nutritionist. I left and was back home in little less than two hours. I would recommend this doctor and his staff to anyone , especially if you are near Tijuana as I am. I have lost 10 pounds since my surgery and I am very happy I did it.

I will keep you posted.

Hi Beebic, my experience was almost identical. How is things going with your diet? Have you stated mushies yet? What size band did Dr. Gonzalez use for you? I got the 10cm/4cc max capacity. I don't know if I need a fill, I already have restriction. I'm only one week post-op so it might be normal. Are you going back to Mexico for your fills.

Is this doctor Francisco Gonzalez in Tijuana? Because my cousin had a VSG done with him and his staff and is doing great. I'm undecided between the less invasive lap band or the Gastric Sleeve.How are you doing peechz? How did you decide on your surgery?

Hi peechz, is this doctor Francisco Gonzalez in Tijuana? Because my cousin had her sleeve done by doctor Gonzalez in Tijuana and she is doing great. I'm undecided on which surgery to have. I have seen the results with the sleeve but it seems a little too invasive for me. How did you decide between the two?