Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I'm feeling excited today! I officially kicked off my liver shrinking diet 4 days early to make it an even 2 weeks instead of 10 days. I figured the more weight I lose now, the less I'll have to lose after to reach goal. I meal prepped last night and packed my Snacks and goodies for the day and have already downed 32 oz. of Water. I did warn my teenage son to please be patient and understanding with me this evening when I get home from work because I may be HANGRY. Haha! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine got bumped to 6/20 so week 3 of this insanity of pre op diet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2018 at 12:34, Oceanlove said:



Mine got bumped to 6/20 so week 3 of this insanity of pre op diet


Why exactly did it get bumped if you don’t mind me asking? And stay strong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Little Kansas Kitty said:

WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST! Tomorrow is YOUR Day! :)

Thank you!!!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2018 at 9:08 PM, Little Kansas Kitty said:

Hope all went well with surgery. Eager to hear your updates. :)

Surgery went well! Barely any post-op pain (outside of this horrendous gas pain). It felt like I did a lot of crunches the night before and at 5 days post op, I barely feel any pain or soreness at all. It's really hard for me to get my fluids in at this time because of the uncomfortable gas pain, but surprisingly drinking with a straw helps! I'm 5 days post op and already 7 pounds down. So happy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ALFxRNY said:
3 hours ago, Oceanlove said:


Mine got bumped to 6/20 so week 3 of this insanity of pre op diet

Why exactly did it get bumped if you don’t mind me asking? And stay strong!

I have one of the crazy stricter surgeon who does all liquid diet and I cheated and did the stupidest things and called to let his office know and they now have me going to another dietician appointment and pushing it out till next week. Even though I lost 24 lbs since I started it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2018 at 15:40, Oceanlove said:





Why exactly did it get bumped if you don’t mind me asking? And stay strong!






I have one of the crazy stricter surgeon who does all liquid diet and I cheated and did the stupidest things and called to let his office know and they now have me going to another dietician appointment and pushing it out till next week. Even though I lost 24 lbs since I started it.


Wow, sorry about them being so strict. Hopefully you don’t have any more hiccups along the way. I think I start mine Thursday or Saturday (don’t know if my requirements are 2 weeks or 12 days). I’ll find out tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so sorry you got bumped @Oceanlove. Sounds like you're doing amazing losing already and now your date is a little closer to ALFxRNY and I.

Good luck ALFxRNY! We got this diet! We all can do this together. My tummy is growling today but I'm sticking with it. Guess we can all vent here. BTW-the sugar free Jello leaves a bad after taste. BLECH! I'm sure I'll be very ready to retire that when through with this pre-op diet. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2018 at 17:52, Little Kansas Kitty said:



I'm so sorry you got bumped @Oceanlove. Sounds like you're doing amazing losing already and now your date is a little closer to ALFxRNY and I.




Good luck ALFxRNY! We got this diet! We all can do this together. My tummy is growling today but I'm sticking with it. Guess we can all vent here. BTW-the sugar free Jello leaves a bad after taste. BLECH! I'm sure I'll be very ready to retire that when through with this pre-op diet. :)


I hate Jello but can stomach the koolaid brand sugar free jello. I didn’t buy any though, just popsicles, broth, Protein Powder and milk. Best wishes to both of you! We’ve got this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rah_henry - I'm so happy things are going well for you. Hopefully this gas will pass very soon! Can you take anything for it? Like those chewable GasX pills?

@patriciaguirre22 - You're out of the hospital and doing great. Love hearing that! With a lower BMI, I'm sure you're really going to see those results quickly. CONGRATS! Check in anytime. I'm loving reading everyone's updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Little Kansas Kitty, did you eat the Jello brand? Or did you make your own?

This preop diet is kinda tough. I am a week in and lost 12 lbs. I can have 4 oz of meat or Protein a day and i think im living off of cheese chips. I crave crunchy now that i can have it. I am sp glad to read that i am not the only one going through these same struggles.

💙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ALFxRNY - I'll look for the koolaid Jello. I just got the Jello brand premade sugar free cups. I had another tonight. It actually tasted a little better than the early afternoon snack.

@Hal711 - WOW! 12 lbs. in a week!? That's nuts. Imagine where you'll be 1 month from now. I'm going to wait a couple days before I get on the scale because I went a little crazy this weekend. I made the biggest bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice-cream in the world last night before I said goodbye. Thank you for venting with me. Your cheese chips sound amazing. I would kill for some cheese about now and it's only day 1. Haha. BUT....this too shall pass. I am excited to be on this diet though as it's a sign of HOPE and the beginning of the new me. I know from here forward, it will be losing time for months to come and the mere thought of that brings a smile to my face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2018 at 20:19, Little Kansas Kitty said:



@ALFxRNY - I'll look for the koolaid Jello. I just got the Jello brand premade sugar free cups. I had another tonight. It actually tasted a little better than the early afternoon snack.




@Hal711 - WOW! 12 lbs. in a week!? That's nuts. Imagine where you'll be 1 month from now. I'm going to wait a couple days before I get on the scale because I went a little crazy this weekend. I made the biggest bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice-cream in the world last night before I said goodbye. Thank you for venting with me. Your cheese chips sound amazing. I would kill for some cheese about now and it's only day 1. Haha. BUT....this too shall pass. I am excited to be on this diet though as it's a sign of HOPE and the beginning of the new me. I know from here forward, it will be losing time for months to come and the mere thought of that brings a smile to my face.






The kool aid ones are premade as well. They just taste better to me for some reason. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Little Kansas Kitty I was shocked! I waited a week to weigh, and i think that weekly will be the way I weigh from now on. I love those chips, they are amazing and easy to make. Can you do dairy and meat or just liquids? I feel like i am living on those chips and the sugar free tropical popsicles. Lol. My mantra is "hunger is not an emergency", and honestly through the week it has gotten easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×