Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, My surgery for gastric sleeve was 4/23 my SW was 250 my current weight is 234 with a total loss of 16 pounds it's been 2 weeks with exercise that I have not lost not 1 pound. Before I started working out I was loosing 1 pound a day now that I'm working out feels like I'm not loosing weight its extremely frustrating. Anyone else having issues to loose weight after sleeve?

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

57 minutes ago, c_mirand said:

I was loosing 1 pound a day now that I'm working out feels like I'm not loosing weight

you are so soon after surgery. Please read the part i quoted above. a pound a day is simply not sustainable.

1 plus a week would be a much more sustainable goal and would not cause you so much mental anguish.

try to weigh only weekly, the daily thing works against you after that early weight drop. You need to avoid the negative feedback from fixating on the scale everyday.

Look for NSV (non scale victories) and enjoy those. Hows the mobility, the gym, how about how your clothes fit.

Did you get to drop any meds or reduce them. Try to step back for a bigger picture and let the weight loss come to you in the many many months ahead.

good luck and grats on your surgery

Pretty much everyone has this issue - do a search on here for the three (or third) week stall. A pound a day is not unusual for the first couple of weeks or so, as you are mostly losing Water weight at that time. After the first couple of months, 5-10 lb per month will be the norm for most people. Also, most lose in stair steps rather than a straight, even loss per day or week, so weekly (or monthly) weigh ins are good if the variations bother you.

https://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.php

I don't exercise. Hate mindless and repetitive workouts in the gym. I do play golf twice a week and try to get out on the driving range once a week. Walking 18 holes takes 3-4 hours.

My dietician tells me weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. Exercise is great for fitness and toning, but you won't lose much weight.

So it's really about Portion Control, and cutting back on sugar and carbs. Beware of hidden amounts of these. Who knew that foods like baked Beans, ketchup and tinned corn contains SO much sugar! The amount of sugar in bread is ridiculous. Read your labels before you eat!

On 5/26/2018 at 1:26 AM, Saxons said:

Beware of hidden amounts of these. Who knew that foods like baked Beans, ketchup and tinned corn contains SO much sugar! The amount of sugar in bread is ridiculous. Read your labels before you eat!

if its sold in the middle of the store you will be hard pressed to find something without added sugar. There is a whole industry devoted to finding the exact amount of added sugar to make something taste amazing without you thinking sugar.

If you are gaining muscle it will weight more than fat

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:26 AM, Saxons said:

I don't exercise. Hate mindless and repetitive workouts in the gym. I do play golf twice a week and try to get out on the driving range once a week. Walking 18 holes takes 3-4 hours.

My dietician tells me weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. Exercise is great for fitness and toning, but you won't lose much weight.

Me too! hate it with a passion because of a bad hip. So I will go learn how to swim or something but Zumba, treadmill etc is just not for me. Nice not to be alone LOL....

I completely understand. I'm 7 weeks out and have had two stalls already, that lasted two weeks each. But I've lost 30 pounds in that time somehow, lol. I keep thinking I'm doing poorly but then I look at my total weight loss and realize it will just take time. Our bodies tries to hold on to the fat for dear life because we're not getting as many calories as before. You're doing just fine.