Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a VSG on 4/19/18. On the day of surgery I was 286. At my one week post op appt on 4/27 I was 268. Today 5/24/18 I’m only 259! I mean I’m glad I’ve lost as much weight as I have but I’ve been between 259-262 for like 3 weeks now!?!? I’m doing everything I’m supposed to be doing, not eating anything I’m not supposed to be eating. I’m so frustrated!! Did this happen to anyone else?

First, don't worry, stalls are normal. Your body will take time to re-calibrate.

You mentioned your food intake, but how's your Water intake? How's the exercise?

Your body needs less and less energy the smaller you get, so you either have to eat less, or exercise more in order to balance it out. Also, weight is only 1 measurement. Are you able to track your body fat as well?

This happens to pretty much EVERYONE! You just have to keep moving forwards and eventually the stall will break. Just make sure you are at or under your calorie marks, that you are at or OVER your water intake and that you are getting at least an hour of actual exercise a day (walking around work shouldn't count).

Are you losing inches or any other noticeable, non-scale "victories"?

Stalls are normal, so I advise keeping track of the measurements of your body. Your neck, arms, thighs, calves and waist. Even if you are stalled on the scale, odds are you’re still losing inches in those places

3 hours ago, shiannajohnson said:

I had a VSG on 4/19/18. On the day of surgery I was 286. At my one week post op appt on 4/27 I was 268. Today 5/24/18 I’m only 259! I mean I’m glad I’ve lost as much weight as I have but I’ve been between 259-262 for like 3 weeks now!?!? I’m doing everything I’m supposed to be doing, not eating anything I’m not supposed to be eating. I’m so frustrated!! Did this happen to anyone else?

It's too difficult for us to really get the whole picture without knowing your food and Water consumption. Also, what your activity level is. Log your food from today and post so we can see what a typical day looks like. I personally use MyFitnessPal.

It's too difficult for us to really get the whole picture without knowing your food and Water consumption. Also, what your activity level is. Log your food from today and post so we can see what a typical day looks like. I personally use MyFitnessPal.

Well for Breakfast a Protein Bar. 5g of carbs. For lunch I had about a half of a Atkins frozen meal (the total meal was only 5 carbs), and for supper I had some deli turkey rolled up with cheese inside. No Snacks and I’ve had 1 Protein Shake on the way home from work. That’s about what my day to day meal plan consists of. I also get about 4-5 bottles of Water in per day which are 20oz each.

Well for Breakfast a Protein Bar. 5g of carbs. For lunch I had about a half of a Atkins frozen meal (the total meal was only 5 carbs), and for supper I had some deli turkey rolled up with cheese inside. No Snacks and I’ve had 1 Protein Shake on the way home from work. That’s about what my day to day meal plan consists of. I also get about 4-5 bottles of Water in per day which are 20oz each.

I forgot to add my activity level. I am a medical assistant so I’m on my feet all day walking. Which I know work really shouldn’t count. I also do 1 hour of the insanity workout each night before bed.

i was sleeved on 4/2 & was losing a lb a day but then came the 3-4 wk stall,was so frustrated.my dr. had me start doing cardio 6 days a wk,he mentioned that usually the first 20 mins is your liver getting rid of sugars & toxins & after that is when u really start to burn fat.this really registered w me & although i was pissed having to wk out that much & for longer periods of time,it did finally break my stall & i am now losing weight again,only 2lbs that first wk but then 5lbs this wk.so i am dwn 37lbs now.he gave me a realistic goal of 20lbs in 2 months by the next time i see him vs wanting me to lose 50-60lbs in 5-6 wks initially.i definitely feel i can meet that goal & maybe a little more.hang in there,everyone is right that if u stick to ur program & try upping ur exercise & Water the stall will break.

As soon as your body finishes rebootingvduring this stall I'm sure you'll start dropping again. Have you lost inches, noticed feeling lighter or noticed,some activities getting,easier to do. A non scale victory is still a victory. You didn't gain your weight in just,1 day,so,it may be losing,it off.😝 Remember you're among friends here and we believe you,Can Do It.

12 hours ago, shiannajohnson said:

Are you putting all the nutritional values into a tracking app of some sort. Unfortunately we have a lot more to consider than just carbs. Tricky things like added sugar and sodium can be the problem. Also, how many calories does this add up to? You may not be eating enough calories. Protein Bars can be chalked full of sugar. Frozen meals, and lunch meat can both have a lot of sodium. I'd consider actually logging your food to see the big picture. You could be retaining Water due to sodium levels. Are you having regular bowel movements? Constipation can hinder weight loss as well. Make sure you are getting a good amount of Fiber daily as well. Normally Protein supplements lack in that department.