Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Gastric Bypass?

On 07/19/2018 at 15:13, 2foofy4u said:

I’m scheduled for the 23rd.

How is your pre-op diet going? I’m on day 9. Surgery July 25th

So, I’m 9 days into Pre-Op and I have boredom hunger. I’ve struggled with “hobbies” my whole life. I really enjoy my work but eventually I wanted to keep work at work. I’ve taken up cleaning as a hobby lol. I’ve been reading a lot. I’m hoping exercise will replace my old tv binge watching habits. I absolutely cannot turn on the tv because I instantly will want to eat. So I’ve read more on social media. Every time I need to buy something I shop discounts and read lots of reviews to kill time before buying whatever it is. I just have this “void” that I’ve always known was there but I honestly to this day don’t know how to fill it. Oh and I call my mom like an hour a day and text my bestie.

I'm having mine in August 8 I'm feeling scared I want to do this for me and my health I have always taken care of my family I feel this is something for me never the less my fear is still there I've really heard a lot of good stuff here on this forum I will start my 2 week liquid diet on next Thursday I hear it's tuff but I feel ready I will be praying a lot

Thanks all for your feed back

@laura7 have you ever tried cross stitch? There are a lot of easy patterns and starter kits out there if you wanted to try. I found it to be mentally stimulating and keeps my hands busy= no snacking! I do that or jigsaw puzzles plus a podcast or audiobook!

I’m on day 4 of my pre-op diet, I have a ton of cravings but other than that I feel like it’s pretty good so far. The weight loss has helped me stay motivated (down 7lbs as of this morning...) and I’m hoping that keeps me through the next 10 days!

I had a big bowl of beef broth for dinner with some good seasonings in it, but since that was so low calorie now I’m starting to move toward bed and I’m only at 700 calories (even after my sugar free yogurts and a sugar free fat free pudding). I’m supposed to be having 1000 a day but I’m guessing being under one night is okay?

On 07/19/2018 at 21:03, Herewego2018 said:

@laura7 have you ever tried cross stitch? There are a lot of easy patterns and starter kits out there if you wanted to try. I found it to be mentally stimulating and keeps my hands busy= no snacking! I do that or jigsaw puzzles plus a podcast or audiobook!
I haven’t tried that. I used to be very artsy so that’s a possibility. I bought a puzzle and gave up because it was too hard lol. I do watch podcasts and I have been reading a lot. I didn’t really like audiobooks much. I guess I just prefer reading. Thanks for the ideas. I ended up taking the dog for a walk and calling my mom and now I’m going to go to bed so I am not tempted to eat anything!

On 07/19/2018 at 21:07, Herewego2018 said:

I’m on day 4 of my pre-op diet, I have a ton of cravings but other than that I feel like it’s pretty good so far. The weight loss has helped me stay motivated (down 7lbs as of this morning...) and I’m hoping that keeps me through the next 10 days!

I had a big bowl of beef broth for dinner with some good seasonings in it, but since that was so low calorie now I’m starting to move toward bed and I’m only at 700 calories (even after my sugar free yogurts and a sugar free fat free pudding). I’m supposed to be having 1000 a day but I’m guessing being under one night is okay?

I have been under my 1,000 calories. I was at 850 yesterday. I’m supposed to eat five items and they are 130-200 calories each. So, I guess with popsicles and pudding it’d be 1,000. But I don’t think being under is a problem. That’s just my opinion.

Hey guys i made it through. My bypass was yesterday. That gas pain is no joke. I'm happy to be on the other side.

Sent from my SM-G965F using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations Lillybilly I am so so proud of you. You are one special lady and I wish you blue skies and happy days ahead.🌴😝

I just had my surgery on Monday, glad to be home! Is anyone else experiencing a lot of back aches?

Had my sleeve surgery on Tuesday 7/17. It went very well and was actually less pain than I anticipated. Did run into trouble today and had some gas pains and dizziness. I’m pretty sure the gas is from being constipated and the dizziness from dehydration. I really concentrated on getting Fluid in me and that seems to be better. Good luck to everyone!