Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am 4 almost 5 months post op. I’ve been extremely depressed this month and ended up putting 5lbs back on, I did manage to lose the regain. But my weight loss has extremely slowed/stopped. I feel extremely hungry ALL the time! I feel like I have no restriction. Also I’ve been eating junk food with no problems. I know a lot has to do with my mind and willpower, but I’m worried I will never get back on track and that I will never get my mind right. I’m worried my sleeve is broken. Am I just addicted to food?! Has this happened to anyone else? I could really use some advice. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and thanks for the help!

yes, I’m still working out....barely, but I go at least once a week.

Im 5.5 months out and need to make good food choices every day. The hunger is coming back finally. I didn't miss it while it was gone. The sleeve is a tool. It is up to you to decide to use it. You just need to go back to basics and eat Protein and veggies. If you are struggling with willpower then maybe talking to therapist to figure out your food issues could be a good thing. You can do this. Don't let food control you.

Hi. Wanted to respond and let you know you’re not alone. I’m pretty much around the same time as you. Mine was 01/15/18. I’ve been stalled for a little over a week now and I don’t know if it’s that or the fact that I’ve been feeling hungry but I also can’t seem to stop snacking or eating crappy foods. I’m also not sure what’s going on and fear that this is it for me, that I’m not gonna lose more and that I’ll start gaining it all back. I’m afraid I’ve stretched my pouch!
I think we just need to keep going and start fresh the next day and remember that this is not a solution but a tool. I need to remember that too! We will get it together!! 😉

"I feel extremely hungry ALL the time! I feel like I have no restriction. Also I’ve been eating junk food with no problems"

That is the issue right there. Carbs and sugar begets carbs and sugar. The more you eat, the more you crave and the more "hungry" you feel. You're probably eating a lot of "slider" foods, also, which can be eaten and broken down easier in our sleeves so we can eat much more of it. chips, popcorn, Cookies, and crackers are some examples of slider foods. I'd be willing to bet you can't eat over 3 or 4 oz of chicken breast, though.

I would start over with just Protein, protein, protein. Anything your heart desires. Steak, burgers (no bun) bacon....the sky's the limit! As much fat as you want. Full fat butter, nuts, cheese, etc. Kick the sugar and white carbs. When you get a hankering to snack, keep a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and pick on that. Protein and fat keeps us satisfied longer, and that's why it's highly recommended for WLS patients. Its dense, so we can't eat as much and keeps us satiated longer.

Also, have you thought about therapy for help with your issues with food?

Edited by Greensleevie

Greensleevie - fantastic advice. I’ve just screenshot your post so I can keep reading it!