Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Talk to me about the week 3 stall

It can be. I, personally, did not experience a 3 week stall.

I did experience a stall at 3-4 weeks after surgery that lasted almost 3 weeks. It was also accompanied by intermittent Constipation. Started taking Miralax at doctor recommendation. Constipation resolved and stall broken at about the same time.

I attend a monthly group meeting of sleeve patients and the consensus there is that stalls are real and can occur from time to time. Most say an increase in exercise or even attention to quantities being eaten can break the stall and get you on the road again.

I am in middle of a stall right now.

I had surgery 3 weeks ago yesterday.

I lost 17 pounds the first week, half a pound the second, then nothing the third.

I feel like I’ve been in a two week stall (even though I lost half a pound the second week). I am not too worried about it though since I am doing everything I should be. It is a little frustrating not to see the needle move for two weeks...but it is what it is and 17 pounds lost overall is pretty good.

Using just the posts here as a guide it does seem that some portion of us have a stall that seems to revolve around the food stages we go thru. When you transition to soft foods it seems to effect some more than others and they stop weight loss for a short period as there body's adjust to the switch from the liquid diet.

its just observational but a lot of people here hit the same spot.

It passes so try to keep from worrying to much.

Didn't personally have it, but think a lot of people experience one early on. My DR said to expect weight loss to be 'lumpy'. In my case it hasn't been until just recently (month 5), and that was also associated with a food change (adding carbs in). Constipation and salt consumption can play a huge role in a stall. Some people find it helpful to just not weigh yourself for a couple weeks, stick with the program and know you're doing the right thing.

My stall started at basically 1 week postop and stayed within 1lb until just shy of my 4 week. Then I dropped again. I did keep measurements to compare against to help the mental side. I dropped a full dress size during this.

I had a post op appt and my doc and nut during this and they were both happy with my progress. I knew and was honest on what things I was meeting (liquids) and where I wasn’t (protein/exercise). Be gentle with yourself but also honest. Some days you will knock it out of the park and others will be a struggle.

I'm in the middle of a stall (hoping it's a stall at least...) that started about 1.5 wks post op and now I'm about 2.5 wks out and still stalled. Lost about 11 lbs that first 1.5 wks and just nothing. Getting my Protein and increasing my exercise and really hoping the scale will move soon because I'm really scared and frustrated.