Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my final visit with the nutritionist today

Fortunately, all went well. I lost 29lb in the three and a half months since my first appointment doing a sloppy job of Keto and not exercising at all due to my bad back, bad feet and bad shoulders. They'll be submitting my paperwork to Cigna for approval tomorrow, and the staff said it usually takes up to two weeks for Cigna to process everything. Once the approval comes in they'll schedule me for surgery and I'll make an appointment with my PCP for my pre-op physical. My best guess is that I'm looking at mid-June at this point.

The good news I got is that I will not be having my procedure done outpatient as I'd previously been told. It turns out that Cigna requires an overnight stay, so I'll be having the surgery at the hospital and will get to spend the night. While I'm sure the doctor would not do it out patient if it wasn't safe, I prefer the idea that I'll be monitored for at least the first 24 hours following surgery.

So now I wait. Many people post about their nerves and fears yet I have none. My wife had a knee replacement two weeks ago and I was perfectly calm. I've had two epidurals in the last two months and didn't worry at all. I even took my daughter out driving on Sunday morning, her first time behind the wheel, and even then I was utterly relaxed. I'm really beginning to think that at this point in my life nothing is going to phase me any more.

Hope the approval wait goes by quickly. I've completed all my pre-op requirements short of a pre-op class I have to take which is scheduled for june 8th. My 90 day period is over mid june. Doc said two weeks for approval as well so he gave me a tentative surgery date of July 12th. The worst part of all this is the wait. The last two months seemed to fly by but now the days seem to pass so slowly. But it give me time to lose more weight I guess.

I've got back issues as well and was wondering about the epidural you had. What does it do exactly and does it work? The only thing I've done for my back was a short run at PT which I swear made things worse. My old PCP sent me without having any exrays or MRI done so they had no idea how to treat me and guessed on a new procedure every time I went. I did visit a chiropracter that offers decompression treatments but insurance doesn't cover it. I'm hoping the weight loss will make a significant change but worried it won't.

6 hours ago, J San said:

I've got back issues as well and was wondering about the epidural you had. What does it do exactly and does it work? The only thing I've done for my back was a short run at PT which I swear made things worse. My old PCP sent me without having any exrays or MRI done so they had no idea how to treat me and guessed on a new procedure every time I went. I did visit a chiropracter that offers decompression treatments but insurance doesn't cover it. I'm hoping the weight loss will make a significant change but worried it won't.

My first two epidurals were in one of the lower discs, L5/S1 I believe. They're ordered a third but this time it's a facet injection which would be in a different location since the first two have no helped at all. At first the insurance company would not approve an MRI until after I'd had x-rays (which were negative) and some PT. The PT didn't help so they did the MRI and found degenerative disc damage, the kind you just don't recover from. The epidurals were done with cortisone, a numbing agent, but apparently the first location was not the source of the pain. If the next ep[epidural doesn't help then one of the surgical options is to essentially burn off some of the nerves in the affected area. I don't know how significant a procedure that is and I'll worry about it if I get to that point.

Well, for future reference, it took four days to get my approval and set a date. I'm going in on Tuesday, June 5, just two weeks from tomorrow. And I'm still super calm.

That's awesome. Congrats on the approval and best of luck on the surgery and recovery. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches