Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy TGIF! Come Celebrate Yourself (and Friday-mostly Friday)!

TGIF everyone!!!! Let's do the Lambada! The forbidden dance!!!!

Tell us why you choose happiness today?!!!

Ok, go! :D

I'll start the party off!

I wake up each morning and despite still having lots of chronic pain, I feel energized and ready to meet the day ahead with positivity! Whhoooooooooohaaaaaa!

Seriously. I am LOVING (despite all my jiggly puff and cellulite) wearing shorts, and short sleeve shirts (exposing everyone to the horrors of my lymphedema arm that is about 1 1/2 times the size of my normal arm). And I love that it's already eleventy billion degrees outside and I'm wearing these clothes staying cool, and FEELING NORMAL--whatever the fu*k that is! I just think that everyday, I will feel more and more and more freedom. And that makes me feel happy and whole again! Like people aren't staring at me and thinking ugly thoughts in their heads. (Well, they may still be, cuz I'm not a shrinking violet and am a bit of a loud-talker, LOL. But at least I don't hear or see em doing it!)

Ok, now you go! :) Spill it!

Lambada si, Limbo no, too much spinal issues. Its only 13 days, less than 2 weeks to my next appointment in,Columbus. Will it be" Hi nice to greet and meet you" or "brace yourself, here are the rest of your labs and Xray forms, when would,be convenient for your surgery?", which will it be? Sure I would perfer the latter but que sera sera, I'm still in it to win it, and I shall, even if I have to be a 1 woman picket outside the front door. Watch the 6 o'clock I'll make the national, David Muir and Lester Holt will be saying " Now what is SHE up to?" I will not go gently into the good night(sorry Dylan Thomas!).

Well, I am happy to Celebrate better eating control.

I am in China again, for three days of meetings. Foreign Affairs people, Mayors, Education Commission, CEOs. Three days of huge breakfasts followed by 15 course lunches and dinners.

Is it easy? Sort of yes/no. I still WANT some bad stuff. Bite sized pieces of skin-on roast pork, 1/2 fat 1/2 meat, rolled in sugar (! Who knew that was a thing!) BBQ pork Buns, in fluffy white rice dough. Bite size pounded rice sweet sticky things. And I did have a little of that - but I ate fish and veggies and pickled turnip and steamed chicken (apologising to the head placed to look at me as I took a piece). I ate maybe a cup full, all up - a mouthful of each course, enough to be polite. And I got full, but not stuffed - yay me!! When I get home I will have lost maybe 200g - I used to gain a kilo on these trips!

AND at one banquet the host said “you are strong and curveful and we are surprised because on the Internet picture we found, you look very very fat so we are pleased”. Compliment, I guess! Yay Friday - home tomorrow.

Edited by Biddy zz

It is a gorgeous spring day here in Maryland, mid 70's and sunny. I just spent a couple of hours putzing in my garden, which is so lovely that I decided to make our Mother's Day celebration tomorrow a garden party, replete with an old fashioned Crab Louie as our main dish (instead of going out).

9 minutes ago, Biddy zz said:

AND at one banquet the host said “you are strong and curveful and we are surprised because on the Internet picture we found, you look very very fat so we are pleased”. Compliment, I guess! Yay Friday - home tomorrow.

:lol: That is hilariously awkward -- I would roll with it as a compliment, just not well delivered.

11 minutes ago, Biddy zz said:

Well, I am happy to Celebrate better eating control.

I am in China again, for three days of meetings. Foreign Affairs people, Mayors, Education Commission, CEOs. Three days of huge breakfasts followed by 15 course lunches and dinners.

Is it easy? Sort of yes/no. I still WANT some bad stuff. Bite sized pieces of skin-on roast pork, 1/2 fat 1/2 meat, rolled in sugar (! Who knew that was a thing!) BBQ pork Buns, in fluffy white rice dough. Bite size pounded rice sweet sticky things. And I did have a little of that - but I ate fish and veggies and pickled turnip and steamed chicken (apologising to the head placed to look at me as I took a piece). I ate maybe a cup full, all up - a mouthful of each course, enough to be polite. And I got full, but not stuffed - yay me!! When I get home I will have lost maybe 200g - I used to gain a kilo on these trips!

OMG! You ARE strong like bull!!! And I'm with @Apple203 on this one. You just gotta roll with it "as compliment." Jeeeeze! I'd start posting new skinny photos on the internet! Since you're already out there as a big girl. :D

5 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

It is a gorgeous spring day here in Maryland, mid 70's and sunny. I just spent a couple of hours putzing in my garden, which is so lovely that I decided to make our Mother's Day celebration tomorrow a garden party, replete with an old fashioned Crab Louie as our main dish (instead of going out).

Awww! How lovely! I'm off to PT in 2 seconds! :D Congrats on your yard work and on a beautiful yard! The garden party sounds FAB!!!! And the menu? Hold me. Perhaps one of my faves. :)

Oh, @FluffyChix 99.6# ?!?!?! Damn scale, maybe tomorrow. :) Here's to feeling normal!

Ok, thanks for this:

top photo, 169lbs and near-goal, close to normal and dressed in colour (a new thing),

versus bottom picture, at 210lbs - somber suit to hide fat arms, chin (and I cut out my idolised prime minister who I was chaperoning on this trip, she too slim so shame made me cut her out!)

I Celebrate the change from shame to ‘I don’t think people are staring in shops’

B7982102-5A1F-4E9F-8333-504C69CF8A6F.jpeg

5B3155BB-0D92-40DC-A441-A43DB0D05417.jpeg

Edited by Biddy zz

1 hour ago, Biddy zz said:

you are strong and curveful

Gotta love it! Congrats on navigating those big, fancy dinners!

52 minutes ago, Biddy zz said:

Ok, thanks for this:

top photo, 169lbs and near-goal, close to normal and dressed in colour (a new thing),

versus bottom picture, at 210lbs - somber suit to hide fat arms, chin (and I cut out my idolised prime minister who I was chaperoning on this trip, she too slim so shame made me cut her out!)

I Celebrate the change from shame to ‘I don’t think people are staring in shops’

B7982102-5A1F-4E9F-8333-504C69CF8A6F.jpeg

5B3155BB-0D92-40DC-A441-A43DB0D05417.jpeg

You look awesome! I admire how much harder you must have to work at watching your intake with all the traveling.

I'm celebrating a good evening with my mother-in-law. She flew in from out of state for my son's college graduation tomorrow. She has a long history of being unkind and I was dreading what she would say. She hasn't seen me since before surgery and we didn't tell her about the surgery until my husband picked her up at the airport yesterday. (I only told people I thought would be supportive) I wanted him to tell her in the car to give her some time to process the information. When I got home from work she actually said that I looked great. I was shocked, but very pleased. This may not be the horrible weekend I was dreading!

My kiddo is working for a few hours Saturday morning, so she gets out of work at 1pm today, and I take Friday afternoon off, routinely....so we get to go have fun in a bit:)

We're gonna hit some garage sales and check the home improvement stores for more varieties of herbs for our new herb garden:) We'll prolly pop into Kohl's cause we've got a good Mother's Day coupon.

We've got a movie picked out for tonight, and will make Protein Pasta, salad and whole grain garlic bread.

Yasso bars and frult salad for dessert/snacking with the movie. On Friday nights...we indulge a little:)