Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not eating solids - For a LONG time~

So, have been banded for 3 wks tomorrow & have lost about 15lbs. I'm fine with how things have gone - liquids, mushies, Soups, shakes ..blah blah blah, boring but all I've needed. I have up'd my walking to over an hr a day (on a ranch - lots of room to roam) and have gotten hungrier the last 2 days.

This AM I thought I could handle an Atkins "soft" Breakfast bar before my walk. I chewed it till it was Water and only ate half.

Well not only did my walk last 15min, but the pain in my shoulder/throat/PB etc. has made me feel like I have the flu. Sick!

So, water & broth the last few hrs and the thought of anything else makes me gag. I'm struggling with the exercise vs Protein / calorie intake. I do my best to get my Protein Shakes in, but "might" make it to 850 calories a day. Anyone else with this issue? Do I cut back on walking till I can get more calories in? Yesterday I could have eaten a horse, today I'll be lucky to have a cup of soup..My first fill is scheduled for 11.12 btw. TIA,

I do my best to get my Protein shakes in, but "might" make it to 850 calories a day. Anyone else with this issue? Do I cut back on walking till I can get more calories in? Yesterday I could have eaten a horse, today I'll be lucky to have a cup of soup..My first fill is scheduled for 11.12 btw. TIA,

Why would you cut back on walking? You'll lose weight better with exercise.

You will naturally lose faster in the beginning than you will towards the end. Take full advantage of this time frame because you'll regret it later if you don't when the pounds are no longer melting off.

In the beginning you really aren't losing much fat anyway. Your body will begin burning glycogen and for every gram of glycogen you burn you'll lose 4gms of Water. After that comes fat. So take full advantage of this time frame, don't go over the calories prescribed by your doc and if you are tolerating it well, for goodness sakes don't cut back on walking.

Wow!

Your Dr.'s are nice!

My Dr. had me on only liquids, sugarfree at that and low calorie for 2 weeks.

Then I was on liquids for 4 more weeks after that.

No more than 2-3 meals a day.

I think that helped no solids what so ever.

I am 3 1/2 months out from banding and still on mushies.

I can eat solids like moist fish, shrimp, pork, any meat other than fish has to be really cooked and soft and not dry at all.

I have that first bite syndrome and sometimes I am on only liquids.

Sometimes liquids, red wine and chocolate. :faint:

Only when my esophagus won't let me eat, then I self medicate with a little chocolate.

I have lost about 55 lbs.

My calorie count is way under 1000 calories, more like 600 at the most.

Wow is right YaYa - 3.5 months on mushies? Such fantastic weight loss you've had! By wk 4/5 my surgeon has us (husband * I banded the same day) moving to 3 high Protein meals a day, no snacking. First fill was wk 5 & my second one is next wk. I took Wasa's advise & did not let up on my walking - averaging 6/7 miles a day, 6 days a wk, with intake of approx 850cal per day.

I've lost about 25lbs, several inches & feel like I'm in a groove. I don't think about food other than to nurish myself, I'm never "starved", have never been "stuck" or PB'd, .. I pretty much follow my Dr's post op Diet plan to a T, and the most important thing for me, I lost my craving for Carbs. I was a carbo junkie on steroids (ha).

I didn't find this site till a wk after I was banded, I love it/read it daily, and get inspired to get off my A$$ every morning and Walk...especially like a day like today where it looks like it could rain...but I'll go anyway. Good Luck on the rest of your weigh loss!!

Lulu