Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Talk Dying By Your Own Hand!

5 hours ago, baribetty said:

Am I the only one that thought this thread was about actual DEATH at first? Yiiikes 🤦‍♀️. Glad y’all are talking hair over here!

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

lol...Nope you're not the only one...

7 hours ago, GizzlyKitten said:

If you want brighter grays use a purple tinted conditioner. It will tone the to a bright white. I color my own hair, bleaching the roots and coloring it whatever color catches my eye that week/month currently its purple and pink.

Can you link me a to a product please? So I don't have to strip my hair first? Just apply the toned conditioner to make it more silvery? :D I remember my sweet little grandmother had beautiful hair and she applied a rinse that was bright purple. It didn't make her hair purple or blue, but it was a beautiful silver as I recall. I look like her and our coloring is similar!

Can you link me a to a product please? So I don't have to strip my hair first? Just apply the toned conditioner to make it more silvery? [emoji3] I remember my sweet little grandmother had beautiful hair and she applied a rinse that was bright purple. It didn't make her hair purple or blue, but it was a beautiful silver as I recall. I look like her and our coloring is similar!

I really like Kristen Ess’ purple Shampoo, you can get it at target.

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

Can you link me a to a product please? So I don't have to strip my hair first? Just apply the toned conditioner to make it more silvery? [emoji3] I remember my sweet little grandmother had beautiful hair and she applied a rinse that was bright purple. It didn't make her hair purple or blue, but it was a beautiful silver as I recall. I look like her and our coloring is similar!

Here is one but there are a ton of brands.

https://www.ulta.com/color-balance-purple-conditioner?productId=xlsImpprod12331011&sku=2284836&cmpid=PS_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&cagpspn=pla&CATCI=aud-296846808842:pla-173178733950&CAAGID=26562476910&CAWELAID=330000200000288716&catargetid=330000200000557658&cadevice=m&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuMrXBRC_ARIsALWZrIh6Pi6MDwTrcJS-dEwkUCT-011K3tym0iQZ9b9HeUexQuNi-Z6TFWwaArJrEALw_wcB

On 5/2/2018 at 7:54 AM, FluffyChix said:

Ok, I'm old, cheap, and broke. No way can I afford to pay to have my hair colored--especially when I would need touch-ups every 4-6 weeks! Eeek!

Do any of you color your own hair? If so, which brands of color do you like the best? Which look the most natural?

I have a significant amount of grey. I know grey is in, but my grey just looks kinda drab. So the question is, do I emphasize it's pop and bleach it lighter then do that grey toner thing? And really make it pop? Or do I try to cover it? I'm maybe 25-40% grey? Hard for me to be objective and estimate it. (I know I don't want to look like I just poured a bottle of jet black over my head and look like Roy Orbison...)

Ok shoot with your best stuff!

Jesus the topic of this had me concerned... You mean Dyeing LOL I was like... OMG WTF is going on?

Edited by Matt Z

Depending on the length of your hair you might get more value going to like sally beauty and buying your color and developer separately. Box dyes are one and done and sometimes pretty hard on hair. But if you buy the professional color and developer individually, you can mix as much or as little as you need each time.

They also have fantasy colors which is what I prefer.

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

3 hours ago, Matt Z said:

Jesus the topic of this had me concerned... You mean Dyeing LOL I was like... OMG WTF is going on?

Thank you! My whole life I've wanted to know how to spell that word!

Next up:

lying - as in you are lying about that...

4 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Thank you! My whole life I've wanted to know how to spell that word!

Next up:

lying - as in you are lying about that...

Lie, Lied, Lying - not telling the truth
Lie, Lay, Laying - IE resting in bed
Lay, Laid, Laying - What chickens do to eggs.

Good times! :D

Cibu platinum is by far the best purple Shampoo I’ve ever seen or used (I’m a hairstylist). Be careful with purple shampoos and conditioners though because if you leave them on longer than suggested you end up with lavender.

hair stylist here!!! Dyeing ( correct spelling) lol ... wish you all could visit my salon & I would help you out with some practical solutions to the hair issues... I can’t do a great job unless I see you in person though ...but I bet everyone of you are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Hope you find your right shade of pretty!!!

15 hours ago, She_whirls said:

Cibu platinum is by far the best purple Shampoo I’ve ever seen or used (I’m a hairstylist). Be careful with purple shampoos and conditioners though because if you leave them on longer than suggested you end up with lavender.

Thanks for the tip-- going to try this out!!