Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone not feeling restriction anymore?



Recommended Posts

I'm nearly 30 weeks on from surgery.

I feel that the restriction I felt before xmas 2017 has diminished somewhat. I used to do about 750 calories per day the first 7 weeks.

By January, with a lot of exercise (2-3 hours per day), I was eating 990-1150 calories daily.

In the last fortnight, I'm having a lot of 1200-1350 calorie days.

My weight has dropped under 1.5kg in the last four weeks ... very slow ... almost at a stall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So maybe this is a sign to reign in your calories again? Although for a guy who exercises as much as you do, 990-1150 seems reasonable, maybe even a little low?

I'm at 9 weeks now and I am finally able to feel my restriction. In the early days I could not really tell if I even had any.

@PinkMints are you following the rules of surgery? (And what did you have done?) No eating or drinking 30-30? Proteins first (the denser the better), dense fibrous veggies, some fats, low glycemic fruit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m following the guidelines except for the waiting 30 after eating to drink I know it’s bad but I just can’t shake that off lol ever since I got of soft food diet my weight loss has been stalled completely I figured I would feel restricted less and less over the years but it’s only been 5 months!


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, PinkMints said:

I’m following the guidelines except for the waiting 30 after eating to drink I know it’s bad but I just can’t shake that off lol ever since I got of soft food diet my weight loss has been stalled completely I figured I would feel restricted less and less over the years but it’s only been 5 months!

Honestly? That's the 1 WORST habit my surgeon and RD said. It will allow you eat more, plus it will stretch your anatomy (if you're an RNY) it can open the stoma too much and stretch that opening so then you have no resistance. No. It's too soon for you to be not feeling it. It's because of the drinking with food. You just need to STOP it. No excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP had ESG - so internal stitching to make the stomach smaller and since the majority of posters are VSG or RNY "we" generally have no frame of reference in her case, as we have no idea the size of her stitched stomach.

BUT the rule still applies to no liquids for 30 minutes after eating and this rule should not be broken. And perhaps the OP should just stick to measuring the portions. I would speculate that the ESG patient gets no benefit of grhelin reduction since the fundus is still intact internally and may not have the added appetite suppressant of fundus removal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

OP had ESG - so internal stitching to make the stomach smaller and since the majority of posters are VSG or RNY "we" generally have no frame of reference in her case, as we have no idea the size of her stitched stomach.

BUT the rule still applies to no liquids for 30 minutes after eating and this rule should not be broken. And perhaps the OP should just stick to measuring the portions. I would speculate that the ESG patient gets no benefit of grhelin reduction since the fundus is still intact internally and may not have the added appetite suppressant of fundus removal.

That's a great point! I've no idea about ESG. How did you know her surgery type? I looked but didn't find it! TY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the ESG forum isn’t it ? but yes there is no grherlin reduction so it’s a little harder for ESG patients, unfortunately my surgeon didn’t really press the issue on the no drinking after 30 minutes so I didn’t take it too seriously I won’t lie. The surgery is pretty new in the states so there isn’t much information at all


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, PinkMints said:

This is the ESG forum isn’t it ? but yes there is no grherlin reduction so it’s a little harder for ESG patients, unfortunately my surgeon didn’t really press the issue on the no drinking after 30 minutes so I didn’t take it too seriously I won’t lie. The surgery is pretty new in the states so there isn’t much information at all

Ok, DERP! I saw your question on the RECENT TOPICS panel. Knowing I wasn't trespassing in the Guys' Room, I thought I was just in the General Area and not in the ESG area. Thanks for pointing that out.

It would be helpful to anyone helping out with questions though, if you will take a minute and go fill out your profile and make a weight ticker and tell us about yourself and your surgery/weight loss history. You'll see that info under my name and icon on each post, plus in my signature line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the absence of information, I'd be inclined to use the VSG rules as your personal rules for success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you may have to be on a desktop. welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 27/04/2018 at 8:12 PM, PinkMints said:

I’m about 5 months out and don’t feel nearly as restricted before and can also eat more food. Did anyone go through this ??

How are things going for you now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still the same honestly just watching every calorie I put in my mouth. Feeling restriction but not any where close to what it was at the beginning but thank God I’m not eating like I was before surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • SorryNameTaken  »  JRT Mom

      I hope your surgery went well and your recovery is going smoothly!  If you need anything while you're up here in northern VA, let me know, I'm only a hop, skip, and a jump away!  

      Let us know how you are doing when you're feeling up to it!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Angela63

      Hello everyone hope you have a wonderful day, and remember to drink water.❤️✊✊
      · 2 replies
      1. Sueflals

        https://allcbdstores.com

      2. Sueflals

        https://allvapestores.com

    • SabrinaGoddess

      Hospital - PAID
      Doctor - PAID
      Surgical Assistant - PAID
      Anesthesia Tech - PAID
      Plane Ticket - BOOKED
      Hotel Room - BOOKED
      Vitamins - ORDERED
      Stocking for Post Op - STARTED
      Dec 9th - here I come!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GainingChelsea

      Currently waiting on a surgery date. Hope to hear soon. I have been fighting for the sleeve surgery for 10 years. I am so ready!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      How can a bowel movement make me lose almost 4 pounds? How much poo am I full of?
      · 3 replies
      1. lvidacovich

        I haven't pooped in a weed and I'd love a 4 pound poo right now lol

      2. ms.sss

        Lol, yeah, I've been known to drop 3-ish lbs after a good (and long awaited) poop.

        .....or even after a moderate to severe dumping episode. yikes.

      3. FluffyChix

        Those are championship cups for both you guys! :) I personally came up a 1.4lb winner this morning. ;) hehehehe.

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×