Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I just talked to the Drs office that the ER referred me to. I guess I don't get any kind of help. $404.00 for the initial consult and that is if I bring the x-rays and MRI from the ER. Then $50.00 a month after that unless they do more e-rays and stuff! His words needs to be dripping in gold for that amount!:w00t:

That freakin' sucks!!! :(

I can't tell you how mad I get that many of those who paid into the system can't get the help when they need it, but those who don't pay get tons. I was watching a YouTube video the other day where some representative from a hospital in California was talking about 15 or so patients in her hospital who are illegals and have each cost the hospital over $1.5 million. :thumbup::cursing:

This isn't meant to be a political rant here, and I won't make it such, but it just goes to show how bogus the system can be.

No I pray everything is alright after the meeting.

Sorry to hear about your situation G4E, but have you tried asking for some assitance at the hospital? Here I know that it's something called "entigy" (I probably spelled it wrong, but it's pronounced just like I spelled it). There are illegal people here that use it and they have jobs. I tried one time, but I had a job and I didn't quailfy. Sending prayers your way.

I don't know what harpers island is??fill me in I may watch

It's like a murder mystery mini-series. Who's the serial killer?

I'm great I'm engaged to don the guy from work that gave me the ruby ring in the elevator..

Well to paraphrase Anchorman, "That escalated quickly"

I might just have to give in and go to Facebook because apparently there is news there, that Im missing - SMS and her man, LJM and her baby, BBK, and who knows who and what other LBT-ers are there.....

Of course you should. There's a lot of us on there. Some people, though, don't want any mention of a lapband. I'm an open book, however. Come on, tap, give in to peer pressure!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys...we are that lovey dovey couple that makes people gag on fb I actually deleted some people because they were being haters..

Sorry! Re-friend me!

G4e - I am so sorry you are struggling with these issues; I sincerely hope something turns for the good for you - SOON!!!

Ebony - what happened?

SMS - I'm delighted to hear things are going so well for you!

Morning all! I'm on the countdown to a week of LBT absence - I leave on Sunday for a conference and shall be computerless. That, and the days are scheduled from 730/8am to 8/9 pm each day...with all meals catered. It's going to be a tough week to find band-friendly foods, time to exercise, and a sanity break from the presentations etc. Oh well, I won't start worrying on it yet - I have today and tomorrow to get through first!

Have a good day all.

Morning all! I'm on the countdown to a week of LBT absence - I leave on Sunday for a conference and shall be computerless. That, and the days are scheduled from 730/8am to 8/9 pm each day...with all meals catered. It's going to be a tough week to find band-friendly foods, time to exercise, and a sanity break from the presentations

Wow.....0730 to 2100?!? I didn't know Stalin still held conferences! I hope they scheduled ample bathroom breaks or are providing free Foley caths. Give 'em hell, tap!!

Happy Friday everyone!

Wow.....0730 to 2100?!? I didn't know Stalin still held conferences! I hope they scheduled ample bathroom breaks or are providing free Foley caths. Give 'em hell, tap!!

:biggrin::lol:Perhaps I will suggest Foley's for the 'loot bags' for next year! I just checked the calendar of events (making sure I have all my documents in order etc), and one day begins at 7am - not even 730! And that's not the Breakfast - b'fast is being served from 530-645....

Happy Friday to you too Susan!

Tap-that conference sounds like a winner. Those are going to be some really long days.

PJTP...

G4E - you are in my prayers...what's going on with me seems like a trivial drop in the bucket compared to what you are dealing with. I pray your full recovery...it stinks that you have to deal with this, but it's great that you have us!

Kat - bless you for offering your perspective and your help. It helps to talk with someone who's been there and - unfortunately - done that.

Tap - sounds like a really intensive conference...can you formulate a 'food preference' kind of request early enough to let them make accommodation for you? Perhaps listing a "digestive issue" would help them arrange for band-friendly food? Maybe you don't want to tell them that much...

The second meeting with the bosses was...weird, sad, unproductive and did I mention weird?

I laid out my responses to their verbal / written reprimand, and they immediately started defending their conduct. Then the HR person said they were just "examples" and not an all-inclusive list of their concerns. WTF? Why can't they just be up front and straightforward...why the cloak-and-dagger games?

Anyway - my union rep asked them point blank if they want me to stay...the big boss said yes, the HR rep said yes if I can perform the job to their standards, my manager said nothing. Not sure really what that means, except that they have not, to my mind, made their expectations clear, so I'm not sure how I can ever fulfill them.

My manager took offense at the fact that I said the difficult relationship between her and I is creating an adversarial work relationship. She admits to "having no patience" but seemed to imply I was taking her behavior too personally...not quite sure how I want to feel about that.

My union rep doesn't want me to throw in the towel - she says I should try to start "fresh" so to speak and attempt to stay in the position because finding another one in the current climate will be tough. It's also an issue that I'm an E-level - that includes supervisory capabilities, but I'm not the same as the managers here. I'm willing to stay in the position, because it's interesting and challenging, but I don't deal well with being hammered all the time. Nothing was said about anything I do RIGHT - just all the things they see I need to improve on. I got no sense that they are truly "invested" in me.

I'll see what the next few weeks bring - I am still looking for other positions within the company, but with the recent layoffs in other areas, those folks have first crack at open jobs - as it should be.

I'll continue to try and talk to my manager - figure out what they want and give it to them - but if they aren't willing to be CLEAR about their expectations, I don't see how I can possibly be successful here.

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes, folks - I really needed them and still need them now. I'm a bit of a mess this morning - frustrated and teary - which is really not like me. I told them that in my 30-plus year work history, I've never experienced anything like this. I've never had any supervisor / manager be this dissatisfied with my work product and I admit I don't really know what to do about it.

I think I'm giving good effort, but it's obviously not enough. They actually admitted yesterday that they want the statistics to be "perfect" that there is no room for error. That is one of my charges to myself - figure out a way to automate the darn things so I don't have to create them manually - that will eliminate chance for error, especially if I can do it with THEIR rules for creation.

I feel like I'm rambling...gonna sign off for a bit and give this some additional thought...:biggrin:

:biggrin::lol:Perhaps I will suggest Foley's for the 'loot bags' for next year! I just checked the calendar of events (making sure I have all my documents in order etc), and one day begins at 7am - not even 730! And that's not the breakfast - b'fast is being served from 530-645....

ugh, death by slides....

do you have a blackberry/iphone - can least google/do lbt/fb while getting bored to death..:biggrin:??

i see ya ebony - been thinking of ya!

Ebony-I am so sorry that they are doing this to you. I can say this, from what I gather from your posts, you are MORE than capable of ,not only meeting the challenges of this job, you can and (I am sure) will surpass them. You can rise above that b*tchy boss that is obviously trying to push you out the door. Don't let her win this one.

Ebony, that is horrible. It almost sounds like the manager has a personal vendetta against you that has nothing to do with your job performance.

G4E, as mentioned on Facebook, I am so sorry for all that you are going through. You are definitely in my thoughts.

My hubby and I are doing better. I was on the verge of leaving. But, we finally sat down and really talked things through one night. We were up until 3:00 a.m. But, it was worth it, because we are doing so much better now. The bad news is we have agreed we need to get out of our beloved home as quickly as possible. He is a GM employee and things are not looking good for him. Between the mortgage, taxes and homeowners insurance, we simply cannot afford our home anymore. Damn this economy!! So, we have someone willing to take the home off of our hands and we are going to be moving into an apartment by the end of the month. This will take a lot of stress off of us, because money has been a huge issue for us. Plus, the house is 30 years old and starting to need a lot of major repairs like new drain field, new AC unit, etc., things we just don't have the money for right now.

Anyways, as depressing as that all sounds, I am actually in quite a good mood. It is a relief to have finally worked things out with my husband, for us both to admit we need to basically start over both personally and financially and have a plan in place.