Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I have to rant and race. I am so freaking pissed off I could blow fire from my mouth. My oldest is going to GS camp. Well the plan has been SINCE February that my parents were taking my youngest for the week. My DH never get time alone, and that is not a lie. In the 9 years I have been a mother my kids have been watched by a babysitter 0, yes 0 times. Our family lives 2 houirs away so it has been AT LEAST 2 years since we have goen out together.

Well mommy dearest tells me that they are not taking Faith now. THe day before we were supposed to take her up there, It is total BS.

NO wonder I hate my family. F*CK.... No wonder my marriage is to shit too....grrrrr....thanks for listening! :scared2:

ya can send her to TX??

come tuesday i get my 5 nieces & 1 nephew for 10 days...lots of horse back riding - quad rides - swimming - driving my dogs crazy & for me i'm grateful this yr DH will be around to assist for a change. he usually goes scuba diving and it's just me:eek:.

dh and i dont' have kids - we take our siblings kids twice a yr for a break for them .... it literally is like camp - but they go home..LOL

i hope it works out for ya!

Thanks everyone. I am feeling better. My mom has resinded the "I am not taking her". I got really bitchy with her. They complain that they never see my kids and when given the opportunity they blow it. I told her she should feel sad about how she is making her GD feel. My daughter was devestated. SO they are going to rearrange their plans (which they made after) and take her for a few days. Her reasoning was bs. She said she forgot, but we have been confirming it for months and months now.

My mom and I have a not so good relationship. She competes with me. She had the bypass a few months after I did the band. She is the one now telling me that I am anorexic and she needs to "have an intervention" with me. WTF? I haven't lost anything since PS. She told me the other day my cheecks look sunken in.....c'mon. You guys see me all the time, do I look anorexic? lol...

LuLu can I come to Texas? I love all of those things! lol...

Losing--literally no one but my parents and my DH parents have ever ever watched my kids. I have some issues with that. My bf is always too busy, although I can watch her boy anytime.

Since all of the weight loss I pretty much only have a few friends far away and all of you. Who of course I would DIE without! I love you all!

I must be a real bitch now cuz no one likes me...

Sorry pitty party over....ugh....

I'm sweatyyyy wooooo hooray for exercise LOL

Hang in there Froggi! It only gets better… :-D

lol I'm sure it does...but sweating with exercise is NORMAL right LOL

I'll be exercising again in another hour or two :thumbup:

Yes I am exercising like crazy have a weigh in tomorrow LOL

You need to make new friends, Brandy.

I was thinking about this the other day. I don't have really good friends I see regularly. I have a TON of casual friends. People I work with, people in the skating world (until recently I skated and I still volunteer for my skating club), neighbors, people online, etc. I like people and get along with all types. But really close friends? Not so much.

I was really tight with my next door neighbor for a while. We both skated (and even belong to the same club) so we'd car pool to skating sessions and club events. We are both parents (one of my kids is 3 months apart from his kid), we both are in the tech industry. We got along great and would talk about our careers and our kids and skating as we drove to all these events.

But then his boyfriend moved in with him and started to come along to the sessions so the car talks went away. Then we moved about a mile away so we weren't next-door neighbors any more and the daily visiting back and forth stopped. Then he moved about 4 miles away and car pooling became inconvenient. Then I stopped skating so car pooling became moot. So I pretty much never see him any more though he is the only person outside my immediate family who knows I'm looking into surgery. We keep in touch by phone just as if he lived in another part of the country!

I have a few other friends like that -- we used to be tight and see each other a lot but circumstances changed and now I rarely see them but we still keep in touch. They are scattered around the country too.

All the rest of my friends are people that, when circumstances change (new job, new hobby, moving), I'll never see them again.

I guess that good news is that when I get all thin and beautiful, I won't lose any friends. :thumbup:

I know you are right Mac. But it really is so damn hard for me. I have lots of friends but no one I ever get close to. I just don't open myself up.

I think I am very jaded right now. My former best friend literally dropped me right before my PS. I was to be a bridesmaid in her wedding and everything, and she quit talking to me. She talks to me now, but it is weird. We will never be the same, I wasn't even invited to the wedding. She says she was never mad at me or anything.

SO why even bother anymore? :thumbup:

Drops you from the wedding without even an explanation? Not even an invite?

Strange.

Wonder if maybe she didn’t want someone there who might outshine her…

(((BBK)))

My former best friend literally dropped me right before my PS. I was to be a bridesmaid in her wedding and everything, and she quit talking to me. She talks to me now, but it is weird. We will never be the same, I wasn't even invited to the wedding. She says she was never mad at me or anything.

She sounds like she has issues. She dropped you from the wedding and didn't even invite you but she wasn't mad at you or anything. Yeah, right! She needs some therapy is my verdict. :ohmy:

BBK, we all love you! I am glad your mom changed her mind so you and DH can have some time.

I am afraid that I would have to say something to that friend who didn't even invite you to the wedding. I am a big fan of letters. I wrote a letter to my neighbor who used to be one of my best friends until she really pi$$ed me off.

I am really lucky that I have had the same two really close friends for over 25 years. One wants to get the band very badly but there is no way it would work for her. She is one that would definitely eat around the band.

I would consider my daughter to be one of my best friends too. She is 27 and I don't know what I would do without her.

my only best friend is my mommy hehehe...though we do fight a lot.

I've always felt family comes first and my sister in law is my best friend even though she lives in Philly 5 hours away we talk by computer at least one or twice a day.

Froggi where did you get all these crazy new frogs?

Edited by Nanook
removied "e"

BBK the same thing happened to me and a close friend last year. I was to be maid of honour at her wedding, she'd even bought me the freaking dress, and then suddenly I get an email weeks out from the wedding saying that they aren't inviting anyone but family to the wedding anymore. I replied and said it was a shame, how disappointed I was etc etc.....never heard anything from her ever again. Still to this day I have no clue what happened for her to dump me like that.

People are weird.

Edited by She Smiles