Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

lesson#1 - if you have come in because you have multiple gun shot wounds throughout your body (and it's not your first trip for that reason) and you have multiple tattoos everywhere - do NOT cry to me when I give you a tetanus shot.

That is too funny! To cry over the shot instead of getting shot!

lesson#2 - if you are a Dr and a RN politely informs you that you have ordered a wrong (very wrong) dose of a critical medication - the correct response is thank you - not 'I don't have time for this trivial crap'!

I really can't understand how some doctors think they are some type of god! I worked for a doctor like the one you posted about. It made it really easy to quit working with no notice.:ohmy: I had never done that before nor have I done it since.

the Max was about the same, about 21-23C but the skies were totally clear and bright blue, lovely sunshiny days... I do love our winter. Summer on the other hand... :ohmy:

But that's your WINTER...sad really, your winter is looking a lot like my summer this year...

I'm just sayin' I'm not very good and I can't even cheat very well!

I've never played poker, and I am not a good cheater either...I will need lots of lessons!!

Well, you wear everything you own, get them liquored up, and make sure they come dressed like this:

Oh yeah, and get lessons from Lu.

That's a good plan...

Then she went on this cleaning kick---sorry I did not hire on to be a maid nor a janitor for them----not gonna do it. Period. If I had hired for that position then fine, I do not consider myself above it, but they have shifted my position enough already, not doing any other jobs for them....screw that!

Sorry about your situation...

For those who do, I need prayers sent up, please.

Prayers sent; thoughts are with you and your family.

KC - :):lol:

Morning all. I am late again. Have a good day everyone......

I like it when you're late though - it makes me think you are getting more sleep - have a splendid day.

Tootles everyone (sorry - lack of sleep is affecting me oddly this am)

OK - what happened to the post I just posted? It got eaten...

My sleep patterns are back to normal - finally after 5 terrible days of 'sleepless in tapland'.

When I referred to being late, I meant getting out the door. I just cannot get motivated to haul my ass to the Y for 6am...I haven't been there in over a week now. And although I am briskly walking 60+ minutes a day, I know it isn't the same. But my mojo is lost - and frankly, I'm not interested in finding it!:sneaky:

For those who do, I need prayers sent up, please.

Prayers are going up for your family and you. Do your parents belong to a church? If so you might want to ask your parents if they are on the prayer list at church. If not you call and put them on. They might be to upset to think about it.

My mom called tonight and said that my dad had an MRI on his head on Monday due to severe dizzy spells and memory loss. The MRI tech told him that she saw a mass on the left side of his head but was not able to truly read the results in order to know if it is solid or liquid. His doctor will be back in town at the end of the week (they hope).

My folks were hoping all it is is a cyst he's had forever on the left side behind his ear, which hasn't come to the surface for years, had turned inward.

I am finding out (but haven't shared with my mom) that it's more likely than not that it's cancer. We won't know until we know, but I've written my mom and told her to get recommendations and line up a neurosurgeon asap so that they'll have somebody his doctor can refer him to.

You can do all sorts of research on what it might be. That can drive a person crazy. Wait till you have something more solid from the Dr. Then research.

I'm a bit numb right now, so I'll close. I'll let you know when I know something. Right now I'm the only sibling that has been told anything.

Why hasn't any others been told?

Hugs and prayers to you hon.

Beth - prayers are up hon - hang in there!

OK on a lighter note - let's have some lessons from work:

lesson#1 - if you have come in because you have multiple gun shot wounds throughout your body (and it's not your first trip for that reason) and you have multiple tattoos everywhere - do NOT cry to me when I give you a tetanus shot.

:lol: Wimpy, Wimpy, Wimpy! Maybe they are more scared of showing weakness in front of their buds than in front of you? Show weakness in front of their friends could literally get you killed. Maybe that is why he's been shot so much,:sneaky: Showed his true colors. LOL Even though the true reason is pretty obvious for him getting shot again.

lesson#2 - if you are a Dr and a RN politely informs you that you have ordered a wrong (very wrong) dose of a critical medication - the correct response is thank you - not 'I don't have time for this trivial crap'!

OK. then maybe you have time for a MALPRACTICE suite!

Morning all. have a blessed day.

PJTP...is anyone else having trouble on FB? It won't let me leave comments. A window pops up when I try to post saying I am not connected to the internet when I am.

Why hasn't any others been told?

Simply because they don't know anything. I'm sure my mom just had to say something to one of us, and I'm the oldest.

Right now she's thinking it's very benign. I have been forewarned, however, to expect it not to be. I haven't told her that yet.

Hugs and prayers to you hon.

Thank you.

For yrs. I was the only one told anything. But that is because I was the closest one living here. I had to help my parents with Dr. visits and stuff. But when mom got so sick with Kidney disease things changed. By that time my sister and her family were here also. The only one that wasn't here at that time was my 1 brother and his family.

Beth, why or who told you it might be worse? I ask because I have a mass on the right side that is a tumor. It has been there non changing for 8 years. I have another in my leg. Both discovered at the same time, by accident, looking at something else. I was having knee surgery, and the Xray picked up the tumor in my leg, which sent me to a bone scan, and it picked up the tumor in my head, which led to scans of all sorts, as well as biopsies of the one in my leg, and bi annual scans and CA 125 tests.

Mine did not change with chemo----I am scheduled to have the leg biopsied again this winter.

To be exact the one in my head, is actually in the mastoid, not the brain. It is in a bony--honeycomb like structure, and that is why it shows so well in a bone scan---and they do those every 6 months.

I know red flags went up quick when it was found, and I am lucky it is no more---but just pointing out, they prepared me for much worse, and in the end, it is ok----and hoping and praying your Dads is too.

My BIL was diagnosed with a glioblastoma brain cancer, at stage 4. It was located so closely to the medula oblongata that surgery was not an option. So I know how scary they can be.

I have one patient who just had her brain tumor removed, and was in for a new eye RX last week. Moving slow, but well!!!

Another who was just DX'd, and hers is on the pituitary gland, and the plan is to remove it through her nose!!!!

Amazing what they can do----keep your hopes up, and I know they told you, because they need your support---glad they have you.

Hoping for good things.

Thanks for the good words about my work. I had a thought this morning. I think part of my issue, is jealousy. I WANT to be as INTO something as they are this practice. This is not IT for me, but I want something to be! Wondering what it IS for me.........

We have a very strong likelihood of making it to 1,000 pages today! If not today, then probably by tomorrow.

Depends how you are set up - for me, we are only on page 498...I get a lot of posts into one page!

Beth, why or who told you it might be worse?

I'm thinking a combination of preparing me for the worst and also because of what they see most often.

At this point, to be honest, I don't know where specifically the mass is. The MRI tech said way more than she should have to begin with, but I don't know if it's in the brain itself, in the bone, or in the space between. Each probably requires different results, if any.

I just know he's not very good about taking care of himself. My mom and I would always say he'd be the type to just drop dead one day. He has outlived any prior relative of his that we know of, by many years (his father died in his 50s, his mother when she was about 62 -- my dad will be 71 next month). I dunno, I just get a bad feeling about this... and it has nothing to do with the forewarning that it's likely cancer. I got it the second my mom told me.

OK - what happened to the post I just posted? It got eaten...

You aren't the first to say that a post disappeared. I wonder where they go?

My sleep patterns are back to normal - finally after 5 terrible days of 'sleepless in tapland'.

I am glad that you are sleeping again. That can really disrupt life.

When I referred to being late, I meant getting out the door. I just cannot get motivated to haul my ass to the Y for 6am...I haven't been there in over a week now. And although I am briskly walking 60+ minutes a day, I know it isn't the same. But my mojo is lost - and frankly, I'm not interested in finding it!:sneaky:

I am not sure I ever had a mojo.

[/color]

Simply because they don't know anything. I'm sure my mom just had to say something to one of us, and I'm the oldest.

Right now she's thinking it's very benign. I have been forewarned, however, to expect it not to be. I haven't told her that yet.

Thank you.

I am truly pulling for everything to be ok.

We have a very strong likelihood of making it to 1,000 pages today! If not today, then probably by tomorrow.

I will help us get there.

This is not IT for me, but I want something to be! Wondering what it IS for me.........

When you figure it out, will you tell me how you did it? I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

Oh, never thought of that.

However, we will soon be at post #15,000.

15000 posts - that's a lot of chatter.