Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Ratso-fratso

:juggle::lol::lol:

I am sorry you missed the deadline, but I love your substitute curse!

No kidding - you guys are rockstars!

KC/Lu - the recipes sound good even without braces:drool:

Heart - too bad about the glasses; I had to get new ones earlier this year...

Slim - sorry about the pain of eating..er...slurping:sad:

Sports fans.....I hate sports. I am so glad DH is atypical in that way. He has no interest in football so never are our lives planned around 'games'. And games mean something fun to do, not work. And being paid obscene amounts of money to do it seems just so wrong.

** Tap now finishes her post, and ducks!**

Ok so I avoid all those crazy quizzes on Facebook like the plague - but saw one tonight that cracked me up and I had to do it:

it was the 'Are you Ghetto?' quiz - crack me up

Apparently I am not ghetto (shocking I know) I am bourgeouis - don't think that quite fits either but hysterical none the less.

Ok so I avoid all those crazy quizzes on Facebook like the plague - but saw one tonight that cracked me up and I had to do it:

it was the 'Are you Ghetto?' quiz - crack me up

Apparently I am not ghetto (shocking I know) I am bourgeouis - don't think that quite fits either but hysterical none the less.

Ghetto...? BWWWWAAAAHHHHH!!!! :lol:

I've gotta find that one. :juggle:

KC/Lu - the recipes sound good even without braces:drool:

They do sound good. I have already made my shopping list for tomorrow.

Heart - too bad about the glasses; I had to get new ones earlier this year...

DS and I both had to get glasses this year. Not cheap at all.

Slim - sorry about the pain of eating..er...slurping:sad:

Thanks Tap. It does let me know that my latest fill must be working since I haven't just been ready to gnaw my own arm from hunger.:juggle:

Sports fans.....I hate sports. I am so glad DH is atypical in that way. He has no interest in football so never are our lives planned around 'games'. And games mean something fun to do, not work. And being paid obscene amounts of money to do it seems just so wrong.

** Tap now finishes her post, and ducks!**

You don't have to duck from me.:tt2: I wish DH and DS didn't like sports as much as they do. DH is almost fanatical with football. He must watch all games. He cannot be disturbed with anything during this time.:lol: Don't let him be playing online football. You would not believe some of the words DH uses when you accidently (on purpose:rolleyes:) start talking to him right in the middle of an important play and he misses.:lol: I know, I am mean, but it's just a game.:huh2:

PJTP...Hi y'all!

I'm normally not on this late, but I just finished one of my online classes (Business Math - not too bad) and the computer was still up, so...

Did my "wog" tonight - was trying to beat the predicted thunderstorms and get it in - went farther on each run than when I started last week, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Liking the way I look in running togs - and NSV - my across the street neighbor asked me if I was "done" losing weight. I told her proudly (meaning - yelled across the street) that I was only halfway there and still had more to go. She complimented me again and told me the entire family had noticed.:juggle::biggrin::lol:

Football fans - I feel ya! My DH is a rabid fan - I'm a fan, but not quite as rabid. Every Sunday night and Monday night, the tv is his - don't interrupt unless you place NO VALUE on your life. :eek: It's okay though - I usually only have to shush him if I've got a class or something...

KC - I took the "Ghetto" quiz - too funny - it was a few days ago - I think it said I would survive in the Ghetto...I was :tt2:

Slim - hope the recipes help - putting greek yogurt in the mashed potatoes to boost the Protein content sounds wonderful...will try that one soon!

Heartfire - so glad your DD is enjoying swim class. I used to teach swimming to little ones, and once we got them over their initial shyness, they took to it well. I miss that part of it...:lol:

Finally going to bed...'night all! :huh2:

ha! found it...I'm 40% ghetto.

But, I don't get it...ghetto is a place, not a quiz. How can that be?

*pops bubble gum and twirls hair....

I just went to main fb page, searched for ghetto quiz...It popped up pretty quick.

go to my page...it should be on my profile.

Sorry to hear all of you with your expensive glasses. I get mine for the cost of the lenses---which is usually under $20.00, and my frames at cost. My contacts are free.....so I take advantage!!

One hint I can offer is that if your RX does not change drastically in the year---you can send your "old" glasses in to be dipped----they just tint the lenses, as dark as you want, and use them for sunglasses. Even before going to work for the eye clinic I am at, my DH and I always take last years pair and turn them into sunglasses----and we still send them in for people, and charge them $15.95.

I just ordered a really cute pair of Carlo Bellini frames, in Navy Blue today----hope I like them on as well as in the catalog!

We got DH some Blues Brothers like sunglasses for the bike! He actually has prescription goggles, he uses on the chopper and the bikes he has with no windshields. He has a totally high dollar Rx----he is legally blind in one eye, so the Rx in it is high, and a + where the other eye is a -, and he has prisms. So we have taken advantage and got him new ones since I am working there too!

Still no new grandbaby.....he is not done baking I tell her. She is sooooo ready. The heat of the summer and the last weeks have really taken their toll. We have been taking my 3 year old grandson more often so she can rest.

I lost twins (identical boys) days before scheduled c section. It was devastating. I can sympathize with anyone dealing with that. I know it was less traumatic than "knowing" your child. But nothing prepares you for that, and you never quit wondering 'what if?'. In my case I dealt with much guilt, as I did not want to be pregnant for months in the beginning, and prayed to miscarry, and did things trying to bring that on---lifting, straining etc. I was married to a highly abusive man, and trying to arrange a way out. I knew he would NEVER allow it with kids---and I was sick over the idea of HIM being their father. I adjusted, and had grown to love my babies, but to let go of the guilt took a lot of time, and lots of support.

To lose a child you "knew" would be more than I could imagine. How do you ever eat their favorite foods again, or watch Sponge Bob again.....I simply cannot wrap my mind around it. My heart goes out to the families dealing with the losses.

Will be hoping for good news for you Ebony!!! You too Beth, not sure when you will fit in a job tho!! LOL

Lu---prayers and good thoughts for your friend. My next door neighbor is in Albuquerque in the VA hospital dealing with throat cancer, that has grown into his ear canal, and down into a lung---but it is one tumor that began in the throat. We have been taking care of his wife, who is handicapped. We take in meals, so she will eat, she just doesn't want to cook. She says she knows he can't eat, so she just hates to cook things she knows he is missing. Rick takes care of their lawn. It is a helpless feeling. I am glad your friends have you and DH. We have good friends that way....the family you CHOOSE!!

*Lu and KC, your recipes sound wonderful!

*Lu, your friend definitely needs the rest then. More wine for you! :juggle:

*KC, I'm sorry you missed the deadline for the burger contest! Pay attention Girl!! LOL!

*Ebony, congrats on the NSVs and compliments! So nice and helps with the motivation!

Continued prayers with the job scene!

My problem with DD is that she thinks that b/c she sees the big kids do it, she can too! Yikes! She's not normally shy at all. She waits and gets a lay of the land, then finds a spot and jumps right in. Unlike her mama, who has a hard time socially and would rather not be noticed much!

*Glouc, it sounds like you got thru work fairly unscathed (except for your friend :tt2:). Are they doing more of this tomorrow? I sure hope they're done now!

*Beth, I think it's great that you're just going for it with school. You and Ebony are my heros!

*Football - love it! (GO STEELERS!) Actually wished I could've played as a kid! Watch some collage ball too as we have a sort of decent local team. We also watch a lot of soccer. DH has played since he was 5yrs old! I used to be totally in to Ice Hockey but when they went on strike, it ticked me off and I haven't been able to get back into it again.

Oh look! All the sports I watch (or used too) are kinda violent! Does that mean anything? LOL!

*Glasses - damn bill was $360 after all was said and done! That includes the co-pays for DH too. And that's after insurance! UGH! Most of that was for the dumb sunglasses! I wish I could've just done some transitions lenses or clip-ons but my eyes are so sensitive that she's actually using 2 different darkly tinted lenses together to get me the darkness that I need! Ridiculous! I have a hard time finding sunglasses that are dark enough and they need to be large to cover my entire eye area. NUTS! :lol:

*Quiz - sounds like fun but I don't FB so I won't be able to find out if I'm Ghetto or not! Bummer! My life may not be complete without knowing! LOL!

PJTP: Made another great dinner tonight. This one I didn't have to CHEW forever before swallowing! No tired jaw tonight! LOL! This chicken dish is a keeper and I can't wait to eat the leftovers! Usually I can eat 'em or leave 'em but not this time. I was actually irritated that I've got good restriction b/c I could only eat a small piece! LOL! I wanted MORE!

A good week for making dinner! Sometimes, not so much! :lol: Comes from liking to experiment. Next week I'm trying a new eggplant recipe. We'll be getting an eggplant in our farm box!

I'd probably save us a bunch of money if I'd stop buying so many food mags! Paper too from the printing off of recipes from the internet! I've got stacks of magazines, printed recipes and cookbooks! I'm kind of on a Mexican food kick right now, so I bought a cookbook! Of course! :huh2:

supplements all went down a little hard this AM so I'll start taking them about lunch instead. I'm pretty tight but I don't think I'm too tight. I'm just not used to having to pay so much attention to everything! Having a hard time getting my Water in too. Need to drink A LOT slower now and not used to it!

DD doesn't know it yet but my mom and I are going to try to get her a pony ride this weekend! There is this "Funderland" place in Sacramento and there are pony rides outside. I haven't told her and I'm going to tell my mom not to either in case they aren't there on Saturday for some reason. She want's to ride a "big horse" so bad! I don't think she realizes how big, "big horses" are so we'll start with a pony first! If that goes over well, my mom is going to set up another time for us to go trail riding at a stable she goes to. DD will ride with her for that one. I haven't been on a horse in over 20 yrs so talk about rusty! LOL!

Weather is supposed to get cooler this weekend. FINALLY! The last 2 nights we didn't even bother to open up the house. Just set the AC to 78, put the bedroom fan on and went to bed. Near midnight and it'd still be 80 outside! Yuck! It's 9:30 and it's already 79 outside! Big change from the last couple of nights.

Have a great night y'all! TTFN!

Hello all. Boy, what a lot to catch up on. Wow, found the ghetto and pnk/justcurious threads. I have to wonder :lol: just how I got pulled into the ghetto thread when all I did was "smile" at Glou's comment about no puppets (which was first mentioned by Moderator Plain) and was quite funny.

It seems that PP has gotten mixed up and thinks maybe I'm Beth!?!? And then she thinks she's so clever as to find a bird to tell her I've not yet been banded. Hmmm, and here I was searching the Not Yet Banded posts. PP not too swift :lol:, huh? And just when did LBT allow birds on here??

Loved the rant with HH and Donna, who is now someone else. If they keep switching their names, how will we ever find them? Gosh, I'd hate to miss anything they had to say :huh2:.

PJTP: I was so sorry to read that so many of you had suffered the loss of children in your lives. That is so tragic. I don't know how families keep going. For all of you who are job hunting or worrying, I'm sorry. My fingers are crossed for you!! Beth, hope things are getting better. To anyone who had a bad/sad/mad day...hope tomorrow is better. If you're happy and you know it clap your hands...listen closely: here's the sound of 1 hand clapping. I read thru 6 pages of PJTP and if I missed anyone, feel better, get happy, sleep well, don't lose your remote controls, etc.:tt2:

And, I love Hell's Kitchen...trash TV at its best. Didn't watch the hefty gals looking for love. Tuned in, found it exploitive and clicked away. But I does loves my Chef Gordon!!:juggle:

TTFN,

TPG

Edited by ThePoolGirl
my grammar sucked

Sorry to hear all of you with your expensive glasses. I get mine for the cost of the lenses---which is usually under $20.00, and my frames at cost. My contacts are free.....so I take advantage!!

One hint I can offer is that if your RX does not change drastically in the year---you can send your "old" glasses in to be dipped----they just tint the lenses, as dark as you want, and use them for sunglasses. Even before going to work for the eye clinic I am at, my DH and I always take last years pair and turn them into sunglasses----and we still send them in for people, and charge them $15.95.

I just ordered a really cute pair of Carlo Bellini frames, in Navy Blue today----hope I like them on as well as in the catalog!

We got DH some Blues Brothers like sunglasses for the bike! He actually has prescription goggles, he uses on the chopper and the bikes he has with no windshields. He has a totally high dollar Rx----he is legally blind in one eye, so the Rx in it is high, and a + where the other eye is a -, and he has prisms. So we have taken advantage and got him new ones since I am working there too!

Thanks for the tips! I hadn't gone in 3 yrs b/c everything was fine. Have been noticing major changes recently but was shocked when I went to renew my license and had to read the letters! I could read them but they were pretty damn fuzzy! Figured I'd better get in and checked. WOW! I've got like a huge - in my left eye, right eye isn't nearly as bad. Left has always been worse.

I'm going to take my script and check prices at places like costco and Wal Mart and see what they'd cost there. May be a lot less even with insurance. That way if I need another pair I have some options. Maybe!

Still no new grandbaby.....he is not done baking I tell her. She is sooooo ready. The heat of the summer and the last weeks have really taken their toll. We have been taking my 3 year old grandson more often so she can rest.

He'll be here when he's darn good and ready! LOL! Your poor DD!

My step-sister is due in about 5 weeks and looks like she should've popped a long time ago! Heck, she looked ready to deliver at the 1st part of MAY! She's absolutely miserable! I feel so bad for her. And we've had horrible heat the last few weeks which doesn't help.

I lost twins (identical boys) days before scheduled c section. It was devastating. I can sympathize with anyone dealing with that. I know it was less traumatic than "knowing" your child. But nothing prepares you for that, and you never quit wondering 'what if?'. In my case I dealt with much guilt, as I did not want to be pregnant for months in the beginning, and prayed to miscarry, and did things trying to bring that on---lifting, straining etc. I was married to a highly abusive man, and trying to arrange a way out. I knew he would NEVER allow it with kids---and I was sick over the idea of HIM being their father. I adjusted, and had grown to love my babies, but to let go of the guilt took a lot of time, and lots of support.

To lose a child you "knew" would be more than I could imagine. How do you ever eat their favorite foods again, or watch Sponge Bob again.....I simply cannot wrap my mind around it. My heart goes out to the families dealing with the losses.

I am so sorry you had to deal with that. ALL of it! I've read your story about that H and I have to say that it may have been a blessing that those babies weren't born alive. I really hate saying that as I treasure life from the beginning and I know it sounds insensitive but what he did to you, I'm sure would have translated to the boys. Either in direct abuse of them (maybe eventually ending in their deaths?), or the fact that they would've grown up to learn that sort of behavior from their father and would've become just like him. Sad to say but I've seen/heard of both! AND if that H would've succeeded in killing you, where would the boys have ended up then? I hope that you have been able to put aside the guilt. You have NOTHING to be guilty of.

Will be hoping for good news for you Ebony!!! You too Beth, not sure when you will fit in a job tho!! LOL

LOL! True! With school and making her exit plan, she doesn't have time for a job!

Lu---prayers and good thoughts for your friend. My next door neighbor is in Albuquerque in the VA hospital dealing with throat cancer, that has grown into his ear canal, and down into a lung---but it is one tumor that began in the throat. We have been taking care of his wife, who is handicapped. We take in meals, so she will eat, she just doesn't want to cook. She says she knows he can't eat, so she just hates to cook things she knows he is missing. Rick takes care of their lawn. It is a helpless feeling. I am glad your friends have you and DH. We have good friends that way....the family you CHOOSE!!

So sorry about your friend, Kat. What great neighbors/friends you are! Special people indeed. Just as Lu and her DH.

'Night!