Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blood Pressure and Cardiology Oh My

So pre surgery at 306 pounds my blood pressure was fantastically low my daily average was in the range of 100-110 over 60-70 which is fantastic. This is great news right well sure, but now I am having issues with blood pressure. Since January I have been getting dizzy at first my doctor said this happens to some patients and gave some precautions etc. No big deal a few weeks of dizzy as my body adjusts well I can do that. Problem is that it hasn't gone away and it has gotten worse when I wake up dizzy, when i stand to fast dizzy, when i bend over dizzy, and no more baths cause that is a fall waiting to happen. I am talking tunnel vision on that last one. I also now have a pretty constant mild headache, and have very little energy. My blood pressure now fluctuates from 100/60-80/50 and of course when i stand it drops further this sucks. They are referring me to a cardiologist, and until then I get to track my blood pressure randomly throughout the day and journal what I was doing right before I took it.

I know that this can happen and I have been doing my research but has anyone else who is active on this site had to go through all of this have you gone on the medications to increase your blood pressure, did you have to stay on them, did the doctors try increasing you salt intake?

As a side note my lab work was in and everything was perfect with the exception of my ferritin that was high everything else was all good. Just stressed hmmmm will it show on my blood pressure reading lol

Often these issues are related to Vitamin malabsorption after RNY. My father is 10 years out on his bypass and still suffers these low blood pressure episodes caused by a mix of changing Vitamin D & Iron Deficiencies. I don't know what your labs tested for or whether they were fasting tests or not, but that's usually the place to start (assuming you can rule out dehydration, which would be the most common cause).

All that said see what the cardiologist says and don't try to self salt-medicate.

My labs where for everything including clotting I have to admit my Dr. is very cautious everything was excellent no dehydration Vitamin d was good everything was great the only thing on my labs that was off was my ferritin that is high and that one has been high for a few years blah I just feel blah today oh and yes fasting for 13 hours by the time they actually drew the blood sigh

I got a bit of vertigo when I was recently sleeved, mainly when I would lay down or get up or change positions. It went away and now that I am 2 months out it has come back but stronger. Any quick natural movements in day to day activities will spike the dizzyness its almost faint like. I originally was a prediabetic with hypertension before surgery. After I got sleeved my dr told me to take my BP meds in half and to no longer take Metformin. I might be at the point to completely eliminate all meds altogether. Anyways I have schedule a follow up appt with my doc about this.

You know, it says on my print-outs from PCP, surgeon, and it seems everybody but the Ohio National Guard that I have mild-moderate benign Hypertension, why has not or anyone offered to put me on medication? Cardiologist told me in January 2018 my circulatory system was Ducky Wonderful, now I get 😵 dizzy, have to sit down frequently, might be low calories, try to keep fluids up but I just wonder? And I will be 9 weeks out past surgery, I think tomorrow, remember I said I do get dizzy! 😟