Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow Is The Big Day!

Pleased you're recuperating well! The gas is a biatch. Keep walking and sipping and you'll do fab xx

Sorry Everyone!!! I haven’t been on to give updates! I honestly haven’t even been on my phone for days...

I’m home now! That damn gas has seemed to all leave my body now! I’m on liquids and Soups and Protein Shakes for another two weeks. Then I go back and see my doctor again to hopefully move to the next stage. Iv got some soreness in my stomach but that’s now surprise. Iv been trying to get some walking in but it decided to snow here in Nebraska so that put a damper on my walking...except for my Aunt and Uncle took me to the mall for early morning senior walk...so that was nice, to be indoors.

Let’s see what else...I stayed two nights in the hospital. I didn’t want to, but that damn gas had me messed up for pain. It’s crazy how it does that! But once it’s gone it is like a switch and boom the pain is gone!

Oh and Iv been trying to get my daily Water intake accomplished. It’s not easy, but I’ve been getting about 64oz of water in a day. Plus getting in around 100g of Protein in a day too!

So glad to hear your doing better!

So glad to hear your doing better!

Thank You!

Hey Manpower what strength is a green stretchy rubber thing that the use in rehab and PT at the gym? My former one gave me this, I'm probably supposed to be exercising with it, guess who hasn't. Yepper, little,me! I start a new round Wednesday, I am having trouble with my left shoulder area. Hurts so bad it wakes me up from a sound sleep. I'd,like to have,my,bariatric firstare and then have the shoulder fixed. I told my,ortho it would be done before September or I'm Mary Queen of Scots. I don't know when. but it just can not ..go on much longer. 😩

Congrats and good luck!

Hey Manpower what strength is a green stretchy rubber thing that the use in rehab and PT at the gym? My former one gave me this, I'm probably supposed to be exercising with it, guess who hasn't. Yepper, little,me! I start a new round Wednesday, I am having trouble with my left shoulder area. Hurts so bad it wakes me up from a sound sleep. I'd,like to have,my,bariatric firstare and then have the shoulder fixed. I told my,ortho it would be done before September or I'm Mary Queen of Scots. I don't know when. but it just can not ..go on much longer. [emoji30]

Green is Medium to Heavy Resistance. If I remember right it goes Yellow, Red, Green, Blue, Black. Where Yellow is lowest resistance and Black is highest resistance. Stretch Bands can be used well for exercise! I can’t lift any weights right now, but Iv been using my stretch bands for just my arms while I’m sitting in a chair!

Thanks, got an idea for a personal one for this,AM . Legs have been kind of achy, lie on my,back, bend knees up to chest then use Mr Stretchy and kick them out straight. Like to do,15 but I'll see how I feel after the first 5. The journey of a thousand miles starts with just one step. I think that may be an old Chinese proverb. Smiles and blessings on your day MANPOWER! ,,,,,,Frust8

Thanks, got an idea for a personal one for this,AM . Legs have been kind of achy, lie on my,back, bend knees up to chest then use Mr Stretchy and kick them out straight. Like to do,15 but I'll see how I feel after the first 5. The journey of a thousand miles starts with just one step. I think that may be an old Chinese proverb. Smiles and blessings on your day MANPOWER! ,,,,,,Frust8

Yes that would be just like a leg press! Just be careful to not have that band slip off your feet and come back and smack you in the face! Iv actually seen that happen a few times.

wishing you a speedy recovery and the best of luck

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Yee-ouch! I'll be careful, funny the leg presses were always one of my favorite exercises. I hated the ones to stretch my calf muscles, especially since my left ankle from. my uncasted left ankle-tib-fib avulsion fx is semi froze. What happened , I did it while out fishing, stepped in an animal hole , caught it trying to pull it out I probably avulsed it myself. Went to an Urgent Care affiliated with Grant Hospital in Columbus. it was on the campus of Otterbein College, was called Grant Otterbein, probably,funtioned for the college and the nearby,public. They Xrayed it, said just a sprain and Ace Wrapped it. Sent me home and joked "Just don't do b it again!" Now I have had beaucoup sprains, sure didn't feel the same, but they were supposed to be the pros. Tuesday Morning the Radiologist from main Grant calls and asks " how are,you getting along with your walking cast?" To paraphrase the Treasure of Sierra Madre---"cast? I ain't got no stinking cast! "he says. " Hmmm well its a little too late to do the right thing now. You have a definite fracture and you've avulsed the ends off of your tibia and fibula!" Tra la la, isn't that just lovely! And it has never been quite right and that was 40 years ago. Maybe someday I'll get it some straightening out with surgery but I'm used to the cranky old beast. And at this point there are onlyb2 surgeries I desire

my bariatric and my left,shoulder. Anything else, no thank,you.😛

my bariatric and my left,shoulder. Anything else, no thank,you.[emoji14]

Geez that’s crazy! I’d be so mad at the first place you went too! They messed up!