Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was 3/29 I’ve lost a total of 18 pounds so far, but I’m getting a little hungry and my doctor says stay on liquids for 21 days.... but I see a lot of people saying a week out they were eating and not on liquids Am I missing something?

I have been on a liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery (3/22) and working on my final 3rd week after surgery. I have my follow up Dr appointment next Thursday and a first bite class the same day. I will get to go to puréed food then and when they tell me I can go to food after that. I think they said 1 week on puréed. I have seen every doctor is different. I hope this helps but I would definitely do what your own doctor says to do

I had mine on 3/20 and I am still on liquids but now on graduated things like Tomato Soup and drinkable yogurt (more creamy low-fat soups). It is a little progress. I get to be on soft foods starting Tues so beyond excited. For me, it is hard but I would rather be safe and follow advice from my doctor than do what others may be doing. My doctor’s warning about my staple line was enough for me to follow his orders. A bit scary if you ask me.

I have been on a liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery (3/22) and working on my final 3rd week after surgery. I have my follow up Dr appointment next Thursday and a first bite class the same day. I will get to go to puréed food then and when they tell me I can go to food after that. I think they said 1 week on puréed. I have seen every doctor is different. I hope this helps but I would definitely do what your own doctor says to do

I totally am... I’ve been on broth and popsicles, and I’m staying on it lol...

I had mine on 3/20 and I am still on liquids but now on graduated things like Tomato Soup and drinkable yogurt (more creamy low-fat soups). It is a little progress. I get to be on soft foods starting Tues so beyond excited. For me, it is hard but I would rather be safe and follow advice from my doctor than do what others may be doing. My doctor’s warning about my staple line was enough for me to follow his orders. A bit scary if you ask me.

Yeah like what I do to just get the flavor is, chew up something and spit it back out sounds so weird I know but I’ve had the desire to chew. I’m getting my Protein in and Water with no problem. I need to walk more but I’ve been so tired!

Lol done the same thing !!! In fact, my friend who had this done told me she did as well! I was really tired too of no caffeine and way less calories but it does get better. I also ordered bariatric Vitamins ( multi, B12, and biotin). We can do this - only temporary !

I've been having no problems drinking my Water, the broth and now yogurt. According to my schedule it says day 4 I can puree food, it must be the DR. Gonna call mine Monday and see what is real. Because they told me in hospital that if I can handle all I can have cottage cheese, ricotta cheese etc according to DR plan so if I were you call your DR I never threw up eithet

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been having no problems drinking my Water, the broth and now yogurt. According to my schedule it says day 4 I can puree food, it must be the DR. Gonna call mine Monday and see what is real. Because they told me in hospital that if I can handle all I can have cottage cheese, ricotta cheese etc according to DR plan so if I were you call your DR I never threw up eithet

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah I had no problems either with my water and broth, this is my 3rd week on it including my 2 week pre op and they told me 21 days after surgery is when you can eat purée foods if your keeping down water ect..... maybe it’s just me lmao

Every doctor is different and we should only follow our own doctor’s orders. I was also sleeved on 3/29. Mine is full liquids until Day 14 and then purées until Day 35

I was just eating ice chips the day of surgery 3/26 and clear liquid diet the first week. I am on the end of week two and I was able to eat creamed Soups this week. Starting Sunday I can have mashed potatoes and pureed foods. My follow up appointment is Tuesday. My total weight loss is 15 pounds so far and I haven't weighed in lately.