Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is There A Place Here for Lapbanders To Sleeves?

I had a lapband in place for about 6 years had it removed 3/2017... I had vsg on 8/3/2017. I should have had vsg initially.. it is what it is. I stared at about 233 after lapband removal I’m currently weighing 174. The lowest I’ve been is 168. I was currently laid off from work and for obvious reasons I haven’t been as active or mobile as I was.. All in all, vsg was the best decision I ever made. I became pregnant with our third child with the Lapband. After giving birth it was intolerable to live with I couldn’t get to my green zone fill at all. Actually, I wasn’t even filled I couldn’t tolerate any fills. Surgeon recommended two stage surgery. He wanted stomach to heal after removal of band. Good luck to all my revisionistas and vsg’ers! May the force all be with you...

Lapband placed: 8/2011
Lapband removed: 3/2017
VSG: 8/2/2017

Lapband placed: 8/2011
Lapband removed: 3/2017
VSG: 8/2/2017

I am now 10 days post op with the sleeve. I FINALLY today saw a drop BELOW my pre-op weight. I think the Weightless tea has helped with the Water gain after surgery..I was up by 5lbs post surgery..this morning, I saw 4lb drop which took me 3lbs below pre-op weight. So compared to the newbies, it is slow so far..but I am just happy to see a drop from where I was stuck last few years.

Feeling better every day. I am happy I can now drink before going to bed with no worry about choking on fluids while I sleep. I don't have stuck food that I have to bring back up. I am still on full liquids for another 10 days. Seems like Dr Kuri's post op is a bit stricter than some I have seen here with local surgeons..some folks are already on mushy food after week 1. Rather take it slow and safe. Have not been very hungry..only really hungry if I have not eaten all day..will have to see what happens as I heal up and eat more..

I didn't really have a lot of time to research the sleeve since my band removal was unexpected. I just knew I didn't want the band removed with no option to replace it. Kinda scary to think I cut my stomach to a smaller size..but glad I didn't opt for bypass. That seems scarier to me.

Patty I’m so relieved for you! That’s great news to hear you’re on the way back to Weight Loss Town 😁.

I went to my 4th barium swallow after fill removal on Dec 15 and was allowed to put back 1ml but no more at this stage and likely forever. I have 5mls now whereas I had 6.25mls before my esophagus crapped out. Restriction at the moment is average/ordinary but nothing that gives me security. I need more. My Bariatric GP says “no way”. She’s referred me back to my surgeon for a conversion to sleeve with a 4 month game plan. If my esophagus FULLY heals and can take a fill without reflux...the band will stay. If by August, I’m still refluxing under a barium swallow guided fill (?) then no more fills for me. If I’m not loosing by August on 5mls (?) Out with the band and chop-chop under the knife I go.

im up 20lbs since being I filled which is sh*t but when this happened last time (a kink in the tubing-had to wait 3 months post surgery for a fill...) I had gained 70lbs.

THE STRUGGLE IS REEEEEEEAL! 😂

ok. Thanks for posting; everybody! Your stories help. Keep us posted Patty and hang those leathers in full eye sight. Not long now!!

Elle x

(Australia)

Hello all!!

I am also a revision-ist. Got banded in 2005. Fully unfilled by 2012 (by choice. tired of refilling all the time). My same surgeon emailed me and was preforming revisions now. I took him up on the offer!! Had the band removed and the sleeve done all at one time/surgery. VERY happy band is gone. Tired of getting stuck and ruining the whole meal. I am close to 4 weeks post op sleeve and am currently down 15 pounds. Super thrilled.....truly just for the idea of how much less I am eating. Was so disgusted at the amount of food I could take in at one sitting.
Good luck to all those revision-ists out there!!

Another band conversion here! I'm 3 months post op and my weight loss has been SUPER slow. Looooooong stalls. I feel fantastic though and am thrilled to no longer have my band in! I nevr realized how much it bothered me until it was gone - life is so much more pleasant now.

I'm glad to know I am not alone with the slow weight loss. I am still bound and determiend to get to goal! :)